“Perfect place for a family gathering”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Huntsville
Oakview Manor Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 3 Huntsville B&B and Inns
Huntsville,TX
“Perfect place for a family gathering”
Reviewed June 17, 2009

We rented the entire house for guests to stay for our daughter's wedding weekend. Friday night after the rehearsal, my daughter and some of her bridesmaids and friends stayed and had a very special evening before the big day. We had others stay the night of the wedding and then on Sunday morning we hosted a breakfast for some of the out of town guests before everyone left. We were able to have about 20 people gather around the table that morning for wonderful time of fellowship. One of the owners, Denise, was very accommodating with everyone's schedule. The Manor was perfect for all of the activities that weekend. Everyone enjoyed their stay in such a warm, homey, comfortable place, that was beautifully surrounded by nature.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank plane10

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Texas
Reviewed May 24, 2009

The pictures of Oakview Manor don't do the manor justice. The home has been decorated with antiques from the farm style kitchen to the relaxing bedrooms. A rich variety of plants and trees line the drive and surround the house. It is hard to believe you are not out in the country. One of the owners was there to greet me as soon as I arrived. She showed me around the house and grounds and took my order for breakfast. There was plenty of hot water for a shower and soft, clean towels. I had no trouble falling asleep in the comforable bed. The second owner arrived in the morning and fixed a made-to-order continental breakfast. I can already imagine renting the entire house for my family for my daughter's graduation in a few years.

• Stayed April 2009
Humble Texas
Reviewed July 17, 2008

We rented the whole house for a girls weekend of scrapbooking and we had a wonderful time. Denise, one of the owners, was so accomodating and wonderful. We thoroughly enjoyed our weekend and are excited to go back. We have rented the entire house again in September and plan to continue to go back. I highly recommend this B&B to everyone. It is a great place for a girls weekend, family weekend or a romantic getaway. I plan to go back with my husband for a getaway soon!
Cheryl Rich, Humble Texas

Stayed April 2008
Texas
Reviewed June 15, 2008

My family rented the whole house for a long weekend! Nestled in the most gorgeous trees this home is beautiful! My dad was home from overseas and we all were in town for a family wedding. The owners were wonderful! They came over to do the dishes and take out trash; we would run to town and come back to a magically clean home again! The home is equipped with a washer and dryer and is extremely family friendly! My family spent a lot of our time on the large deck barbequing on the gas grill. We had a wonderful time and will always remember our long weekend in Huntsville.

• Liked — The deck!
  • Disliked — had to leave :)
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Dike, Texas
Reviewed June 13, 2008

The drive as we entered made us go back in time. The house and its setting was so lovely. We found the deck so relaxing in the evening and for our early morning coffee.
The hosts were very accomodating and went over and beyond to make our stay a wounderful experience.
I would higly recommend a stay at this Bed and Breakfast and will certainly be staying at Oakview Manor again.

Charlene Fitzgerald, Austin, Texas
M. R. Stubbs and wife, Dike, Texas

Stayed June 2008
Seabrook, TX
Reviewed May 16, 2008

Staying at the Oakview Manor while visiting with our Granddaughter at Sam Houston State University in Huntsville, Texas made our trip most enjoyable. The overnight accommodations were so charming and comfortable. Easily accessible from I-45 made locating the site a breeze. Driving down the tree lined entrance whispered, "You belong here!" We were graciously welcomed by Denise, one of the owners, who lives offsite but just minutes away and accessible by phone at anytime. It felt like being at home with snacks and beverages in the kitchen and games in the gameroom. The bathroom was accommodating with a large vanity area and deep tub. Our room was spacious and comfortable with access to an upstairs landing. The deck outdoors was perfect for reconnecting with family amid the beautiful flowers and trees. We were greeted in the morning by our hosts who had assembled a buffet of breakfast goodies and freshly brewed coffee to be served at our convenience. What a spectacular getaway with delightful hosts.
We will return!

• Liked — The spectacular setting and delightful hosts.
  • Disliked — Wish my schedule would have accommodated another night!
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)