“Pretty Cool!!”

Ranked #2 of 15 things to do in Huntsville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

I thought that this was going to be a nice 0.5 mile hike or so. It's just a good place to stretch your legs and see a giant statue of an important person in Texas History.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

If you're headed to Huntsville or passing by on I-45, it's a good chance to stretch your legs and get a little taste of Texas. Nice welcome center, helpful people, interesting info about both Sam and the making of the statue, there were lots of kitties for our son to play with when we went. My mother-in-law doesn't get around very easily, and she could make the walk to the statue and back, but too many roots and such for those in a wheelchair or who need a walker. Only the giant statue itself will engage younger kids, but they will enjoy running around if they've been cooped up in a car!

Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

This statue is the pride of Huntsville folks it is a landmark and it is so tall that if you're coming from Houston you can see it 5 miles away on intestate 45 , I have measure it and like I said in a good clear day you can see it.i recommend to stop by and take some pics, worth the time and the experience , highly recommended.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

We only slowed down a bit driving past on the freeway, looks pretty impressive, but based on the reviews here; we did not bother to stop.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Stopped in here because I'm a history nut and a Freemason. There's little here to see except the very large starue of Sam Huston overlooking I-45. There is a welcome center and a giftshop for souveniers.

The big draw here is the statue itself. Sam was a big man in life...and in death. He was also a Freemason....very proud to be in tat brotherhood. Very big Texas hero! No charge. I liked it!