“So-SO”

Italiano's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 298 Restaurants in Humble
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So-SO”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

The food was so so. Nothing to brag about. The Caesar salad was lacking. The tomato sauce, (marinara) left a lot to be desired. It came from a can you could tell and was redder than red. That being said, the service was very good and the place was neat and clean. It's just a place to go to when you don't feel like cooking. It's no Pappas or Olive Garden but they don't pretend to be.

• Visited January 2014

“One of the best!”
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

I found this place by searching TA as I was looking for a restaurant that is in close proximity to Bush airport.

We arrived shortly after the lunch hour and the place was packed.

We needed a table for 8 people and without any hesitation they got us a table setup in no time.

Our waitress was very cordial and prompt. She brought us baskets of their "famous" bread. Oh goodness... I could've easily made a meal of these rolls. Very delicious, crispy on the outside and very fluffy on the inside.

We ordered our lunch meals, most of which came with a dinner salad. The salads were freshly prepared. Mine was the Caesar Salad, which lacked some flavor. The dressing was very bland, but it's a minor thing and hope management is reading thus review and will adjust the Caesar dressing to give it some oomph.

Our meals came out, all were very hot. Huge portions and each is truly sufficient for two people.

All the meals were very good and yummy. Every one in my party was very please with their meal.

I most definitely recommend it.

Georgetown, Texas
“So Close to Excellent”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Went here the night before a flight out of IAH. Chose it because of reviews. Hubby had the best Zuppe de Pesce that he's had in years. My pasta dish would have been great if it was hot. Sent it back but it still was not hot. Although disappointed, I ate as much as I could.
If we lived in the area, "Everyone would know my name".

• Visited October 2013
Livingston, TX
“Great Italian food, well served!”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This was our first visit, but we will be going back! We were there early Friday evening ( 6ish) and were seated right away. The service was great, efficient, and right! I had the Chicken Florentine, my spouse had Shrimp Diavlo and they were both great. We were served quickly. The only thing that wasn't perfect was the noise level. It was really loud, but such is the cost of being very popular. If we had gotten there 45 minutes later we would have been in the line winding out the door!

• Visited November 2013
“Our favorite family owned restaurant!”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

We spent the afternoon celebrating my dad's 71st birthday at Italiano's. The service is always prompt and attentive. We had a large group and they handled us with ease. The Knots (complimentary rolls) were excellent. The menu varies and caters to picky eaters and kids. Pizza, Calzones, salads, clams and mussels, veal, chicken, etc. Meals are large so expect to take some home. Huge banquet room for large events.

Visited October 2013