“Great steaks,, bit pricey”

Saltgrass Steak House
Ranked #6 of 314 Restaurants in Humble
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I like the food here,, only thing I can get a cheaper steak which tasts just as good,, down the road, in Kingwood.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Went here with work colleagues on their recommendation, and was very impressed. They warned me that the bread that comes as an appetizer was lovely but watch not to fill up on it before the main meal. This was good advice, after the bread came a salad followed by a huge plate of steak and sweet potato fries - which was DELICIOUS!! And as if I wasn't full enough I still managed to share some cheesecake.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

The food, as always, was great. Service was a little slow, but they were extremely busy for a Monday night.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is a good restaurant with good food at fair prices. If you like a steakhouse, this is one to consider.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

First time at this Saltgrass and quite enjoyable. We had a friend passing through IAH with a 4 hour layover this Sunday afternoon so picked him up and the three of us decided on Saltgrass for a late lunch/early dinner (2:00 PM). We all ordered off the Dinner Menu with two having prime rib and myself the country-fried steak.

The highlight of the meal was our appetizer of the Crab/Avocado stack. This was more than enough for the three of us and quite delightful with an ample amount of crab, fresh Avocado, and a nice pico with just the right spice. The accompanying tortilla chips were fresh with light salt and not greasy at all. The Shiner Bock Bread is a real treat.

My country-fried steak was ample, nicely breaded but just a bit more seasoning would have been nice. The fried onions were great, not oily and certainly more than I could finish. My wife and friend both had the prime rib, which was perfectly cooked but again just a little bland. For desert my wife ordered the chocolate cake which was enough for four people, I am glad no one else wanted desert as this is a 5 layer tower of chocolate.

The service was friendly but a bit rushed as the restaurant was packed from when we arrived to when we left so they were obviously trying to turn tables quickly. We hadn’t finished our appetizer when the salads arrived then halfway through the salads the meal arrived and desert was offered before I or my friend had even finished.

All in all a nice meal but nothing extraordinary.