“Very pleasant stay”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Bush Int'l Airport
Ranked #30 of 38 Hotels in Humble
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I needed a place to stay overnight near the Houston airport before a long international flight. I am really glad I chose this hotel. I called the hotel from the airport, and they sent a shuttle to pick me up promptly. The young lady at the front desk was very courteous and friendly. She attended to my needs and made me feel welcome. My room was very spacious, comfortable, and clean. The bathroom was spotless. Everything in the room was in good condition and didn't seem worn or dated at all. Plenty of channels on TV and actual high speed wireless as well. The bed was comfy and the room was quiet, so I got a good night's sleep. The hotel is a fair bit cheaper than most of its neighbors too. The continental breakfast is really minimal, so don't expect too much there. But there is a Waffle House right across the street. Show your room key, and they give you a discount. I'd say it's a value hotel, but I was very pleasantly surprised by both the quality and service. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank kenn671
ABVI_IAH, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Bush Int'l Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Hey Kenn, thanks for your feedback, glad you enjoyed your stay here at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites. Sorry about the breakfast you experienced , we now offer deluxe intercontinental breakfast in the morning, which include hot waffles and toast. We are glad you enjoyed your room, and a good night stay. We look forward to seeing you again, and appreciate the positive review, it helps my staff and i know where we stand.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

This hotel is - in one word, " a dump". The lobby and breakfast area have dirty floors, the carpet is worn, and the decor and paint resembles a "Prison-like" environment.

There is no real airport shuttle or restaurant. The airport shuttle van IS there, at the hotel, in front of the lobby, but it does not run on a regular basis, even though the driver will tell you that it leaves on the top of each hour. In fact, the incompetent front desk prison workers will blame YOU for not planning ahead to get yourself to the airport. So don't even stay here. Go somewhere else.

The rooms are more of the same. I put on socks since the carpet looked skeevy, and my socks were black when I took them off. The bed was so hard, it must have been modeled after the "prison" environment that is evident throughout the hotel.

Bath towels are the size of hand towels and are extra thin. You can hear EVERYTHING through the thin walls and doors. I will never stay here again. I hope the owner gets everything he deserves for running such a shabby business.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I staid there one time after a flight. The rooms are not so clean, as said in other reviews. The bedspread was very dirty. Many lightswitches didn't work and the elevator feels like it is going to stop working any minute. In the lobby they said they would charge 50 $ a night but the day after they charged 75 $. Also the people who work there are very unfriendly. Some people who work there don't even understand english.

I felt that they put prices arbitrary so the day before the flight back to Newark I decided to stay there again, to see what the price would be this time. And what I suspected is true, they just say a price whatever comes into their mind at that moment. The second time when I decided to stay there they charged me 93 $ ! For one night and they forgot to book the Airport Shuttle as well.

Overall it was a terrible experience and my advice to everyone would be to never ever go there. I felt like I was robbed afterwards, a horrible ending and beginning to my vacation in Houston.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kevin V
ABVI_IAH, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Bush Int'l Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our property. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you felt you experienced with us. There is never an excuse for providing anything less than great service. All claims against this property will be further investigated and corrected where necessary. I hope you will give us another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I was referred here when stranded overnight at Houston airport.

The owners seemed more interested in pinching pennies than in providing a quality experience to their guests.

The rooms and public areas were in desperate need of updating. When I checked into my room it was hot and stuffy because they keep the air conditioners turned off. It was dimly lit. There were no blankets on the bed, just sheets and a really dirty bedspread. They had an iron, but no ironing board. There was no clock radio.

I was glad to check out of this place.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank really_been_there
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I organized a family reunion and booked my brother and sister and their families at this hotel. Unfortunately, I forgot to add the number of children when i booked it online. my brother was charged $10 for each kid when he went to check in. my sister asked for a couple more towels and they told her no, that 3 towels would be enough for 3 people. thin, flimsy towels. the rooms were not large, just average, even smaller than other "average" hotel rooms. the staff was not friendly at all, just out to make a buck. NEVER AGAIN.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your experience at our property. Critical feedback is a great way for us to improve guest satisfaction. We apologize for any negative experiences you had with our (staff, continental breakfast, guest room, pool, etc.) We have (begun, replaced, removed, trained, etc.) We believe these corrective measures will enhance the overall experience at our hotel. We would like to try again to help your needs.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Motel looks like it was recently remodelled. Clean large room. No stains or overused furniture, bed spreads and nice soft towels. They have a free airport shuttle and micro/fridge. The parking lot is small so I don't recommend trucks. Excellent value for the price.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank dennis m
Reviewed February 17, 2012

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Scott E