“Worst Hotel Experience”

Ranked #28 of 35 Hotels in Humble
Hamme, Belgium
“Worst Hotel Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

I staid there one time after a flight. The rooms are not so clean, as said in other reviews. The bedspread was very dirty. Many lightswitches didn't work and the elevator feels like it is going to stop working any minute. In the lobby they said they would charge 50 $ a night but the day after they charged 75 $. Also the people who work there are very unfriendly. Some people who work there don't even understand english.

I felt that they put prices arbitrary so the day before the flight back to Newark I decided to stay there again, to see what the price would be this time. And what I suspected is true, they just say a price whatever comes into their mind at that moment. The second time when I decided to stay there they charged me 93 $ ! For one night and they forgot to book the Airport Shuttle as well.

Overall it was a terrible experience and my advice to everyone would be to never ever go there. I felt like I was robbed afterwards, a horrible ending and beginning to my vacation in Houston.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kevin V
ABVI_IAH, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Bush Int'l Airport, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our property. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you felt you experienced with us. There is never an excuse for providing anything less than great service. All claims against this property will be further investigated and corrected where necessary. I hope you will give us another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Layton, Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

I was referred here when stranded overnight at Houston airport.

The owners seemed more interested in pinching pennies than in providing a quality experience to their guests.

The rooms and public areas were in desperate need of updating. When I checked into my room it was hot and stuffy because they keep the air conditioners turned off. It was dimly lit. There were no blankets on the bed, just sheets and a really dirty bedspread. They had an iron, but no ironing board. There was no clock radio.

I was glad to check out of this place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank really_been_there
Humble, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

I organized a family reunion and booked my brother and sister and their families at this hotel. Unfortunately, I forgot to add the number of children when i booked it online. my brother was charged $10 for each kid when he went to check in. my sister asked for a couple more towels and they told her no, that 3 towels would be enough for 3 people. thin, flimsy towels. the rooms were not large, just average, even smaller than other "average" hotel rooms. the staff was not friendly at all, just out to make a buck. NEVER AGAIN.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your experience at our property. Critical feedback is a great way for us to improve guest satisfaction. We apologize for any negative experiences you had with our (staff, continental breakfast, guest room, pool, etc.) We have (begun, replaced, removed, trained, etc.) We believe these corrective measures will enhance the overall experience at our hotel. We would like to try again to help your needs.
new holland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Motel looks like it was recently remodelled. Clean large room. No stains or overused furniture, bed spreads and nice soft towels. They have a free airport shuttle and micro/fridge. The parking lot is small so I don't recommend trucks. Excellent value for the price.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank dennis m
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2011

These guys were awesome! My flight delays and issues at the airline had me completely flustered and irritated when I found this hotel on the information board. I called, they had a room and a driver named Harry would be there to pick me up in 7 minutes. He was the nicest guy - with in a few minutes I was already in a better mood and by the time we got to the hotel (about 10 min) I was happy I found this place. HArry told me about a few places I could walk to to grab a bite to eat (he even told me which ones give a discount for showing your hotel key). He scheduled my return shuttle and wake up call while the lady at the desk checked me in. Within minutes I was resting in a nice, comfortable room and got some much needed shut eye before my return to the airport. Here's the best part - when the airport shuttle service didn't show up at 4 am to pick me and two other guests up.....Harry got up and took us himself! Very cool guy. Couldn't have asked for a better experience!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank katleigh77
ABVI_IAH, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Bush Int'l Airport, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
Thank You Very Much For The Review, Im Glad You Enjoyed Your Stay
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2011

We were stuck in Houston for one night after missing our connecting flight. Having to be shunted to an airport hotel when you are tired is always trying; but our experience staying at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites by BIA airport was a positive experience because of Harry. Harry works at the hotel, but it is more than a job to him; he really made us feel welcomed and went out of his way to assist us.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JeanneKF
endatexas, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Bush Int'l Airport, responded to this review, May 5, 2011
Thank you for taking time to share a review about our hotel. We are happy to know you enjoyed our friendly staff and that we met your lodging needs. We look forward to another opportunity to provide you with our friendly staff and service.
Harry &Lali Patel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Humble
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Channelview / Houston
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Houston/FM 249
Americas Best Value Inn &  Suites- Deer Park / Houston
Americas Best Value Platinum Inn & Suites
Americas Best Value Inn-Houston/Hobby Airport
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Downtown

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Bush Int'l Airport? Share your experiences!