Best Western Plus Houston Atascocita Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Humble
Reviewed February 8, 2010

We spent two nights here in November 2009 and our stay was perfect. However, when checking out of the hotel, I fell and the manager on duty was indifferent; didn't even ask if I was okay. Referred him to the Gold Crown Club of B.W.; at least they apologized for his attitude (or lack of one.)

This is the only nice hotel in Atascocita so we stayed another two nights this past weekend (Feb. 5 & 6) while visiting relatives in Huffman. The location is ideal! Near restaurants, grocery store and shopping; also within 30 min or less from IAH.

We had a 3rd flr (top) room with king size bed, comfy chair w/ottoman; nice work station/desk with comfy chair; microwave & dorm size ref. Good selection of t.v. channels also.

The continental b'fast is your standard fare---eggs, sausage, make-your-own waffles, yogurt, cereals, juices and small pastries. Not a lot of tables & chairs, however, so time your eating right or take a try back to your room. There is also coffee in the lobby 24 hours daily. (Nice flavored Borden creamers too!)

Everything about this hotel is nice EXCEPT the male staff and they are all rude and indifferent. This was our 2nd stay there and the males are still unfriendly. The females who have checked us in each time are nice as can be. The males need some "social skills".

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Houston Atascocita Inn & Suites

Reviewed November 1, 2009

My wife, two daughters and I stayed here while attending a gymnastics meet in Humble. The hotel is newer and the rooms and common areas are kept very clean.

Rooms are average sized, we had a two queen bed set up and the space was adequate for our stay. If we had to stay longer and spend a lot of time in the hotel we'd want more space.

Also featured in the room was a small refrigerator and microwave which came in handy.

Breakfast was served in the lobby area and featured a standard line up of make it yourself waffles, eggs, sausage, biscuits and breakfast cereals and was nicely stocked.

We didnt get a chance to use the pool facilities are they were outdoor and not heated.

All in all it was very pleasant stay and when we need to be in that are of Houston again (north, near the airport) we'll definitely consider staying there again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2009

We stayed at this hotel from September 08 to June 09! Our home was flooded following Hurricane Ike and we moved into this hotel while our house was being repaired. The damage was so extensive that it took 9 months to complete these repairs. During this time we were made to feel welcomed, treated like family and we couldn't have asked for more. Our 2 rooms were spacious with kingsize beds, a sofa bed, cable TV, free internet, a refrigerator a microwave & a coffee maker, all kept clean & tidy. As non-smokers we also appreciated the strictly enforced no smoking rules. My family and I have no hesitation in recommeding this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2009

I don't think there' s a better place in Atascocita to stay if you are looking for something that is clean, relaxing and mid price that includes a continental breakfast, pool and other amenities.

This place gets my thumbs up!

K - Visitor - AR

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed December 26, 2008

We stayed here for just one night before we flew out the next morning. Very nice hotel, clean, good price, decent breakfast. However, it's a little distance away from the airport especially in high traffic times. If I did it all over again, I would just stay near I-59 & Deerbrook mall.

Pool is located outside if this is what you are looking for.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 24, 2008

I stayed here for one night as a stop over in Houston. I had read that this hotel was a good option for the airport, so I booked it. Of course I should have read the site properly... but anyway, I didn't. The hotel is a $30 taxi ride (at night) and takes around 20-30 minute. Most taxi drivers don't know where it is, which was a bit of an issue arriving in at 2am.
On the positive side, the bedrooms in the hotel are extremely comfortable and all non-smoking. We only had 6 hours to sleep, so it was great to have such comfy beds.
I read somewhere that the breakfast was great... mmm... I'm not sure where those people have been eating! Let's say plastic cups and cultery, bad coffee, sugary cereal and white bread buns are not my cup of tea. I did eat a nice banana, however.
I wouldn't recommend this for the airport if the minutes matter. There are much better options very close to the terminal.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed May 8, 2008

Booked this by accident as thought it was closer to the Houston airport on a layover to Nicaragua...ooops! However the rooms were very clean and the bed was very comfortable. Love the free internet! Great continental breakfast. The young man on nights was very courteous and helpful! He arranged a great ride via taxi from a lovely woman, caught our early flight the Nicaragua.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank MTCca