“Great food and service, prices a bit steep”

Pappasito's Cantina
Ranked #5 of 303 Restaurants in Humble
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I have eaten here many times over the years. The food and service are always great, but the prices are kind of high.

There are newer reviews for Pappasito's Cantina

Reviewed July 21, 2012

This is my go to for margaritas. Try the wave, a sangria margarita. The food is very good but pretty expensive. I really like the chicken fajita nachos.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

They have great food and drinks. The staff is nice. My complaints are that the tables seem too close together, and the food is a tad bit over priced. But, I keep coming back, so I guess it isn't too bad.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Visiting family in Houston, and our first meal in Texas just had to be Tex-
Mex. We were not disappointed. The top shelf magaritas were simply excellent. Salsa had a great taste, with a nice kick, but not overpowering. Tried one of their specialties, the shrimp brochette -grilled shrimp stuffed with cheese and wrapped with bacon, and served with the typical accoutrements of fajitas (rice, beans, pico de gallo, cheese, etc). The side dishes may have been typical, but the brochette was not. Out of this world shrimp! Loved this place!

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Over hyped, over priced, under delivered. Had a layover at Houston Airport on a Sat evening. Pappasito's was recommended by the Marriott Hotel and by the bartender in the Marriott. My wife and I went there at 6Pm and it was packed, a good sign I thought. We had to wait about 40 minutes at the bar and the bartender, Jesse was superb, taht was the last good thing about Pappasito's. The food was ok, the prices to expensive and the server, was at best lazy. Before we had finished, wait staff were trying to pick up our unfinished plates and the server delivered the bill with out offering desert or asking if we wanted another drink, I did. If you want to spend too much money for ok food and get terrible service, this place is it.