“12 nights for business”

Best Western Plus Intercontinental Airport Inn
Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Humble
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Stayed for 12 nights in town for business trip. Room was very clean and the staff was quite friendly and helpful. Breakfast was excellent, not just cereal, had eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles-many options. Bummer about the hot tub.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWPlus-IAH, Management Team at Best Western Plus Intercontinental Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to earn your business! We apologize about the hot tub and hope it isn't something that will stop you from staying with us the next time you are in Houston. Thank you once again.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I needed a place to stay that was a short distance from IAH. Their location is perfect. Just 5 minutes a way. Clean,well lit at night with an ok breakfast. The price was right too and be sure to get your best western points too.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your kind words. We welcome any suggestions you may have for our breakfast so that may implement them before your next stay with us! We look forward to the next opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stayed here after a week in Houston and before a 6am flight, location was right and hotel was great. Dropped my rental car off night before flight and hotel shuttle picked me up and the next morning took me to the airport making early flight much easier. I will definately stay here again when departing IAH.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

We are pleased to hear you had such a pleasant stay with us and thank you for your kind words! We look forward to the next opportunity to serve you again!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Excellent service and a good place for a stay...the rooms were very clean n ya i loved the big tv it had...the receptionist is very helpful and she helped us a lot in locating our travelling destinations...great work!!!keep it up!!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank debsutanu

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We are happy to hear you had such a pleasant stay with us and we look forward to having another opportunity to serve you again soon!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Checked in today for a week stay as we look for a home ( moving to Houston shortly!!). Greeted at front desk with a smile . It was approx 9 am when we arrived ( had been up since 2am due to flight schedule from Milwaukee ). Check in was normally 2 pm. Asked to check in early, since we needed to sleep before meeting with real estate broker this afternoon. Turned out that our room was ready but such an early check in would run $25. Did not care since husband and I were both exhausted from such an early am.
We had reserved a king suite, smoking and our request was honored. This type of room consists of a small sitting/living room with a pull out couch, coffee table, side table and chair , plus a mini frig, micro and coffee maker. Btwn the sitting room and the bedroom is a full bathroom with tub shower combo. Closet is also located btwn sitting room and bedroom. Bedroom has a very comfortable king sized bed, dresser , desk and chair. Oh forgot!!! Both sitting area with pull out bed and bedroom have 42"? Flat screen TVs . Wireless Internet is included in your room charge and easy to hook up to!!

Even though we have only been here one day, I thought I'd write up a review before I forget the above. If necessary will update later.

Like right now. Forgot to mention the beautiful outdoor pool that is open until 10 pm. And breakfast every morning also included in your room charge also. Plus this hotel is very close to geo bush international airport but is not noisy , like some of the hotels around o'hare.

• Stayed: July 2013

We are happy to hear you had such a pleasant stay with us.
Thank you for all of your kind words and we look forward to having another opportunity to serve you again the next time you visit Houston!!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because we had an early flight and it was a very convenient location. Upon entering our room we were greeted with a musty smell. I told the night clerk we were leaving at 5:30 a.m. (when their breakfast starts) and she told me we could tell the morning clerk we wanted a breakfast bag to go. I got the desk at 5:34 and the desk clerk rudely said that they only make breakfast bags to go until 5:30. I told her we were in a hurry, so she made us each bag, but was not friendly at all. We will never stay here again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. On behalf of our entire staff I apologize that we were not able to exceed your expectations. It is a possibility the smell you encountered was of the smoke removal foggers we use in our 3rd floor non-smoking rooms as they are situated on the same floor as our smoking rooms. We try not to rent those rooms unless we are sold out of the non-smoking rooms on the 1st and 2nd floors. We have addressed the staff issue as well and we hope you give us the opportunity to earn back your business. Once again, I apologize and we hope to see again soon. Thank you.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stayed here for a night with my infant child as we had an early flight the next morning. When I checked in I asked if they had a crib to which the desk clerk replied they did but she wasn't sure if it was available. She said she would put me in a room with two queen beds so I could make a border with pillows and have my baby sleep in his own bed. I said no thank you, please check on the crib. It was available, but she informed me there would be a $6 charge. First time I have ever been charged for using a hotel crib, but whatever, it's a small price to pay for his safety.
When I got to the room I saw that I had been placed in a room with two queen beds anyway, which was not what I wanted but was too tired to bother with it. The maintenance man was very prompt with bringing the crib to the room. The room was extremely dated and the bathroom was in desperate need of an overhaul but it still seemed clean enough. It did, however, smell faintly of urine and it took a long time for the ac to cool down the very warm room. I found the bed to be pretty comfortable.
After a long drive I just wanted to relax so I turned on the tv. I got a message saying that the satellite was not working. It stated that it could be due to inclement weather but if it persisted to call the front desk. The skies were clear as could be so after waiting about 30 minutes I called the front desk and reported my tv was not working.
They sent the maintenance man back, who clearly had no experience with technical problems and struggled to speak English. When the tv powered on (the satellite still wasn't working) he said,"The Tv is working fine, what's the problem?"
When he left I called the front desk again and they told me a cloud was probably in the way. If I would just be patient it would come back on soon. It was still not working when I left the room at 5:45 the following morning.
For what I paid I would be fine dealing with a substandard room or substandard customer service, but not both. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, unless they were only looking for a bed for the night with no other luxuries.

• Stayed: June 2013
BWPlus-IAH, Management Team at Best Western Plus Intercontinental Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Firstly, I would like to sincerely apologize that our hotel and staff was not able to leave with you with the pleasant experience that we strive to leave all of our guests with. We have looked into this matter and spoke to the staff members who assisted you that evening. As all the single bed rooms were sold out, the only non-smoking room type left was the Two Queen bed room which is why you were given that room type. If you had made a reservation prior to your arrival, we would have gladly booked you into a single bed room.

All of our guest room furniture was last updated in 2010 with Thomasville headboards, nightstands, work desks, chests, and coffee tables along with high-end drapes, top sheets, bed scarves, and bolster pillows. We have 42" flat-screen LCD TV's in all of our guests rooms along with brand new framed mirrors, vanity lights, and granite countertops in the bathrooms. All of our furniture and bedding is compatible to similar upper-mid-scale hotels like Holiday Inn Express and Hampton Inn. I cannot grasp what you found in our decor that seemed dated. Regarding the crib charge, most hotels do charge for cribs and rollaway beds and we are sorry to hear that you felt it was an unfair charge.

Second, I would like to clarify that the person who came to deliver the crib and attempt to fix your TV was not our maintenance man but the shuttle driver. We do not have a 24-hr maintenance man on site and as he had left for the day, the desk clerk had sent the shuttle driver to try and resolve the issue. That evening the hotel and the surrounding area had a 3-hr power outage which caused a few of our satellite boxes the need to be reset. The receptionist did notify the night clerk that if you had called back and the TV issue persisted, to switch you into another room. As you had not called the front desk back, we assumed the issue had resolved itself and since it was past 11:30PM already, the night clerk didn't want to call back and disturb you.
What really saddens me is that the receptionist who checked you in is the same receptionist we get highly commended on day in and day out. We like our guests to feel at home and the last thing we want is for anyone to feel uncomfortable. Once again, I apologize that we were not able to exceed your expectations and we hope you give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Sincerely
Property Management Team
BEST WESTERN PLUS Intercontinental Airport Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Humble
1 mi away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush Intl Airport E
1 mi away
Holiday Inn Houston NE - Bush Airport Area
Ramada Houston Intercontinental Airport East
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush IAH South
Sleep Inn & Suites Bush Intercontinental Airport IAH East
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atascocita

Been to Best Western Plus Intercontinental Airport Inn? Share your experiences!