“Nice restraunt. Just not the quality of food.”
Review of Humble City Cafe

Humble City Cafe
Ranked #7 of 322 Restaurants in Humble
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Nice place. Just not the quality of food I expected from a small place. Being from east Texas I love small off the path places. Ordered a 3 egg omelette it was on the small side. Potatoes were cold and biscuit wasn't really eatable. Could have gotten same type of meal at chain restaurant for same price and meal would be hot.

1  Thank Kevin B

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I like the quaint style of the place. They have both a breakfast and lunch menu. They also have a banquet hall upstairs. The omelet, biscuits, cornbread, potatoes were good.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

The food is made to order, fresh and served in very generous portions. This is a laid back environment where the family can enjoy delicious food in what feels like your own kitchen.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Way to go Humble City Cafe! I began coming to HCC over 13 years ago. Back then we loved it so much we had our rehearsal dinner for our wedding there. Fast forward to tonight...our family loves HCC more than ever! We always bring our Georgia family to eat there when they come for a visit. All 6 of us left with our plates clean, belly's stuffed, and pleased with happy service as well! I had the fried catfish with a side of grilled zucchini and sweet potatoes. I savored every bite. Our waitress was phenomenal! We had prompt service and she kept our glasses of sweet Texas tea full the entire night. Other delicious meals ordered were: smothered steak, chicken fried chicken, grilled catfish, and pecan chicken salad. Yes, the prices are a little high, but for a special dinner, it was worth every penny! We will continue to visit this true Humble gem of a restaurant, you should too!

Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

I heard about this place several times and thought I'd finally give it a try for lunch. The restaurant is located in old downtown Humble (parking in the rear). When you initially walk in, there are bins with candies and such, similar to an old general store. The rest of the restaurant is adorned with antiques and old signs, so it has an old, quaint feel about it. My waitress was superb - better than any chain restaurant I'd frequented. Although it wasn't on the menu, they have a "pick two" special where you can get a combination of items for roughly $8. They bring complimentary cornbread to the table, which is SO tasty. It comes with regular butter & cinnamon butter, and both are really fluffy and fresh. I had a salad with baked potato, and it was very filling. The baked potato actually tasted baked, which is more than I can say for some places. Above all, the service is what will bring me back...and quite possibly that yummy cornbread!