“Delicious food, big portions...wonderful value!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pappas Seafood House

Pappas Seafood House
Ranked #3 of 296 Restaurants in Humble
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Madison, WI
“Delicious food, big portions...wonderful value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I wanted to go somewhere near the airport as we flew out early the next morning and didn't want to get back to our hotel too late. Originally we had hoped to go to Reef, an upscale seafood restaurant in downtown Houston but we really didn't want to drive for an hour each way. We settled on Pappas after reading the reviews and I am so glad we did! We started with the Texas Gulf Oysters which were VERY reasonably priced - I believe $6.99 for a half dozen but they threw in two extra! So we each had 4. Then we split the Texas Red Fish with Maine Lobster, wilted spinach, green beans and the most delicious sauce EVER! The portions ate huge and even my husband (who can eat quite a bit) was too full to share a dessert afterwards! I think that entree was $33. Oh, and we each had the Pappas salad (a Greek salad) to start with...it was very highly tauted on the menu but I would call it very average. Everything else was superb though. It's a very BIG restaurant, which I don't love ambiance-wise, but once you're in your cozy booth the lights are dim and the ambiance is not so bad. I definitely recommend for a great deal on seafood and some huge portions! Oh, one more thing. I was a bit nervous because so many reviews said if was only good if you wanted FRIED seafood. Not so...we had all non-fried and there was plenty to choose from. Enjoy!

Canton, Georgia
“Great and I dont eat seafood....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

That is right I am one of those picky eaters in that I dont eat anything from water but Pappas has great offerings that come from land too. The neat thing about this restaurant is the atmosphere....always packed and it has a very easy going nature for such a nice restaurant. Everytime I fly into Bush Houston Intercontinental airport I try and eat at this restaurant.

Matthews, North Carolina
“Who knew, near IAH good seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Really, not expecting a very good seafood place near the airport in Houston. Not real sure what I was expecting, but we made the voice and was pleasantly surprised. Late lunch so no waiting. Food was good, would love I stop by for dinner and really take a gastro tour of the seafood, oysters etc. but lunch of po boys and gumbo was just right. Highly recommend if in the area and will be back on,y next visit to Houston.

Whitefish, Montana
“Great Spot Near the IAH Airport”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I got stuck in Houston on a Friday night and checked out TA reviews. Pappas was the top restaurant near by and for good reason. i got there about 7:00 and it was packed. I found a spot at the bar and had the fried oysters. They were the perfect blend of crispy and moist, very fresh tasting. A couple next to me was back for their second night in a row of sharing a plate of them and they were very pleased as well. The bar staff was busy but the service was fine. i would definitely visit Pappas again the next time I'm in Houston.

• Visited January 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best red fish I've had”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

My partner and I split an entree (naked red fish with mashed potatoes) and ceasar salad. There was plenty of food for both of us. Food and service were excellent. The restaurant can be noisy from other patrons. Expect lots of excellent food although at fairly high prices, served by a professional, attentive, staff.

• Visited November 2012