“Excellent on all fronts”

Pappas Seafood House
Ranked #2 of 302 Restaurants in Humble
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Canton, Georgia
“Excellent on all fronts”
Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

The funny thing is I don't eat seafood but this is one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten. Love it love it love it. Not to mention this restaurant has an excellent waitstaff along with a very relaxing atmosphere. Great restaurant.

Ontario, California
“Nice place for casual family gathering... right price with excellent service and yummy!”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I was worry at the first beginning since I got keep add numbers of the family who will join for a special birthday dinner; it is from 11 that finally we were there 20 persons. 10 days prior my first call taken by Taylor who professionally told me that they did not take reservation for weekend, but he could take as priority guest or group. Still not sure if I have to choose other dinner place since it is a very special dinner for our family; but after keep reading some reviews I decided stay with Pappas' with additional calls till that afternoon. We got there on time and the ushers greet us very nice along with seating arrangement made just about 20 minutes late which is very good for 20 of guests on weekend. I was amaze that 4 or 5 waiters served us from different corner of our long table and start taking drinks order follow by appetizer and main course order which take only short time in between. This is my first visit but we all enjoyed of our each order,.. too long to be listed- from T-Bone steak to Lobster, from Shrimp cocktail to grill Salmon and from Pasta till dessert .... all delicious! none of them out of our expectation. We all were happy and will come back for the next our family gathering. ... Bravo to all servers team that must be trained well in serving others and attention to detail

• Visited June 2012
Durham, North Carolina
“My favorite restaurant anywhere”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I travel for business and look for good local food wherever I go. When in Houston I stay in Humble even if it's totally out of the way, because I want to be near this restaurant. I grew up near the Greek fishing village of Tarpon Springs, Florida, and Pappas Seafood is the real deal. The fish is incredibly fresh and prepared expertly and in a multitude of ways. There is an oyster bar in the middle of the room, with friendly shuckers and friendly guests. I always have a great conversation eating dinner solo there. The oysters are huge, fresh and the best. The whole atmosphere of the restaurant is like the best bustling seafood markets/restaurants of the world. The servers are expertly prompt, friendly and professional. The timing of the food is perfect. They serve big crusty loaves of fresh-baked Greek bread (similar to a French batard but much lighter) wrapped in a big cloth napkin, with a side of whipped butter. And (be still my heart) they make an authentic Greek salad right at the table, adding or leaving out whatever ingredients you choose (I choose everything!). There's an appetizer they serve that's not on the menu but they often have it if you ask: shrimp-stuffed jalapeno poppers with a crispy delicious breading. Three of them is a meal in itself.

Visited June 2012
michigan
“Great food”
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Eat here every time I'm in the area. Always consistent. Great service & wonderful food.

Visited April 2012
Katy, Texas
“Lunch Specials are Great”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

I have been here many times and love the lunch specials that Pappas Seafood House runs all week. If you want fresh fish, look no further. The tilapia lunch specials (both the Lafayette style and the hazelnut brown butter tilapia that comes with green beans and potatoes) are absolutely awesome. The fish is freakishly tender and the flavors are excellent.

My wife and I used to split the hazelnut brown butter tilapia lunch entree and a Greek side salad (which can be added for 3 or 4 dollars) when she worked near there, and it makes for a very economical and satisfying meal. The portions are large enough that neither one of us felt like we needed more--the whole loaf of bread they give you didn't hurt that much either.

We went to dinner here once and the prices are higher, but the quality is never an issue. All you can eat snow crab season is always a fun time to come here as well--not cheap, but worth it if you are a crab lover--they keep them coming!

• Visited March 2012