“Awful!!”
Review of Chez Nous

Chez Nous
Reserve with OpenTable
Chez Nous is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 322 Restaurants in Humble
Cuisines: American, French, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Staitti
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Decor is outdated. Food is just alright. Chicken was dry and my husbands steak was nothing special. Service is average. Having been to France and eaten there I am truly baffled by all the good reviews. Please don't waste your money! There are too many other wonderful restaurants in Houston!! We will not be back!!

1  Thank Peanut8950

Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband surprised me by taking me to Chez Nous for our anniversary! We are new to the area and were so surprised to find such a wonderful French restaurant! The staff was courteous and attentive but never intrusive. The food was delectable! I had the pumpkin bisque that was perfect for a cool fall evening and the beef tornadoes that were perfectly cooked. Before we left they surprised us with an anniversary dessert with Happy Anniversary written in French on the plate! I loved our evening there and can't wait to go back.

This place is perfect for a special evening out with the one you love!

2  Thank scrapbookgirl71
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We had the chefs menu and it was hit and miss. Loved the scallops, soup was ok, tenderloin was dry and bacon was not cooked at all. The dessert was unbelievably good. We also did the wine pairing which was good but not amazing. Service was good but almost over attentive. The tuxes the waiters wear ridiculous. It is not that formal of a restaurant.

1  Thank C0Traveler1234
Reviewed July 21, 2012

My husband and I have been going here for years. We love the cozy and elegant feel. It is quite pricey so not somewhere to go for an every day meal. The menu is always different. Last visit we had the chef's table in which the chef selected our meal. Everything was so incredibly tasty! My favorite foods have been the peppercorn steak and then the cheese tray. I have never eaten anything that I didn't enjoy!

2  Thank Jill R
Reviewed July 14, 2012

In summary: Top notch service, excellent cuisine, and wonderful hosts. Scott is an excellent and gracious host - and Chef Stacy is wonderful and creative. In addition to consistently preparing outstanding meals (we've been visiting Chez Nous for at least 5+ years), Chef Stacy offers take out specials during the holidays (Mother's Day, Thanksgiving, etc). If you've never been, ask for Paige when calling to make reservations. She's the Captain and will help with any special arrangements you may need (birthday, anniversary, etc). Chez Nous recently renovated - nice and simple touch ups that helped to update the atmosphere. Always seek out Scott's wine recommendations. He's ever-present in the dining room and more than happy to help select a wine with each course.

2  Thank Donald D