Super 8 Humble/Fm 1960/Hwy 59
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshome depotshower headwater pressureroom was clean and comfortableeasy accessairportmicrowavecarpetrates
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 30, 2010

When I checked in, management was friendly and had me ready to head to my room in about a minute. I got to the room and was surprised. It looked great. The room was large and looked brand new. The sink and bathroom was very nice. Everything worked like it was supposed to. The shower had decent water pressure.

The room was very quiet. I was near the back of the hotel, about three rooms from the end. On the other side of the fence was a very busy train track. Every time I would go out to my truck, I would hear a train very near. But I was not able to hear the train from inside my room.

When it was time to hit the bed, all those other good things couldn't buy me a decent night of sleep. The beds were terrible. They were extremely hard and seemed devoid of the normal layer of padding most mattresses have. You could feel springs under you. I was camping the next couple of nights and slept much better in my tent.

With new beds, this hotel would be an excellent place to stay. There were so many things that were great about this hotel, but having usable beds is so important that I can not give this hotel a good or even average rating.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank MrBigAxe
Reviewed August 30, 2008

We stayed at Super 8 1960, and it was a pretty uneventful stay for most part. The rooms were clean with the basic amnities, the breakfast was standard fare (but fills you up good, so go early) and it's within walking distance to a few eating spots, like Popeyes, Papa Joes and Souper Salad (great lunch buffet). There is also a Pakistani grocery shop selling halal food supplies for Muslim travellers (big plus).

No lift though, so we had to drag our very heavy luggage bags up the steps by ourselves (the motel staff were very discreet to the point of being invisible). The frontdesk people were not very friendly or very helpful but you don't really need to talk to them very much, just grab a map on your way out. Also, depending on who you get, they are not very well-informed either.

Word of caution though: I made the silly mistake of booking another Super 8 in Humble, which was also quite near the airport, and checking into the one at 1960. The receptionist did not alert us and proceeded to check us into their motel and we were charged a no-show fee (USD85) by the other motel. By the time we discovered this, we were already back home halfway across the world. We're still working on trying to get a refund but it doesn't seem very likely.

Apart from that, it would have gotten a better rating if it wasn't for the management.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank gumbokins
Reviewed February 25, 2007

Went to visit family in Houston Feb 23-27 and chose this motel due to its location just north of 1960 and close to everything without getting too close to the big city. The facility is relatively new
(about 3 years old) so there isn't a lot of wear and tear showing yet. Rooms are typical small motel rooms but our non-smoking room came with a king bed, an apt sized fridge, microwave and coffeemaker. Bathroom doors are stained and have granite veneer in the tub area, a nice extra touch. Internet service in rooms is not wireless as we expected but we didn't read carefully. It is high speed but take along your cable like we did. The data port is behind the nightstand with the phone jack which is a little unhandy. Would have been more convenient by the desk but not a big deal. Also, there is a business center in the office area with a desktop available. Workout room is very basic with a nice NordiTrack treadmill and a Life Fitness home gym; no stationary bike as advertised. There is a guest laundry which we did not use. Our rooms had an iron and ironing board. Maid service was good and everything seemed very clean. With our AARP discount, we paid $53 per night. If you're looking for an inexpensive, clean room near Bush Intercontinental, this should do the trick.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank hoosierdaddy
Reviewed November 19, 2006

I had a pre-paid reservation with a guarantee of a room check-in up to 7am the next day. When I arrived at 2am the motel had my pre-paid reservation but had rooms; they re-rented my room. The desk manager could/would not refund my money without motel owner approval. They could not find a motel within 30 miles with a room. After working with them for about an hour I finally tried to sleep in my rental car. I went to work the next day sleepy, grumpy, and without a shower. I have an open conplaint with national customer service; the hotel owner has not yet responded.

Please avoid this motel.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 26, 2005

This Super 8 is two miles from Bush Intercontinental Airport and has a free shuttle to and from the airport. The hotel is pet friendly.

I stayed here for three nights during Hurricane Rita. The hotel lost power during my stay, and was filled to the brim with people seeking shelter from the storm. The owners of this Super 8 were amazing. They handled the overcrowding, frightened guests, and special needs of some of the guests with amazing capability.

I was alone and scared, and the family that runs the Super 8 went above and beyond any expected measures to make sure that I was comfortable and safe. They even took me with them to Taco Bell when we heard that Taco Bell had electricity and was serving food on Saturday night. They treated me like family, and I will never forget their kindness and hospitality.

The hotel is immaculately clean and well kept and guests are offered every possible convenience and are treated with consideration and courtesy. I recommend this hotel to anyone planning to stay in the area, and I will definitely go back.

The room I stayed in had one king bed and a large jacuzzi tub. The room was very spacious and clean, and although the hotel does not have a restaurant on the premises, there are "room service" menus available and food delivery is quick, reasonably priced, and surprisingly good! There is a small swimming pool on the property, free continental breakfast daily, free parking, and terrific security.

• Stayed: September 2005, traveled on business