“THEY ARE CLOSED.... : (”
Review of Bread of Hevan

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bread of Hevan
Ranked #166 of 306 Restaurants in Humble
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Was SO READY to give this place a try and went by there today to do so, but they
are closed for business. Period. Very sad, because I really do enjoy patronizing local
businesses. : (

Reviewed December 27, 2013

good food keep up the good work ethics I will be back and will tell all my friends about you all oxtails.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

The food here is served cafeteria style, and is quite delicious home cooking. However, I was a bit disappointed that there was no bread served. That was why I came - for some delicious bread. I had smothered steak over rice, with a cucumber salad and another side. I also opted for dessert and iced tea. The helpings were plentiful, and a server took my food to the table for me. However, I thought that $13.00 was a bit much for cafeteria style serving. There were plenty of choices of both meats and vegetables - maybe too many. Also, I was there on a Saturday at noon, and there were only two other tables being used at the time. It is hard to see from the highway, and even from the feeder, if you're not looking.Also, they are not open at night.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Located over on the feeder of Hwy 59 entrance just south of FM 1960 by Barneys Billiards.

I travel a lot and I often eat at different places that claim to offer southern/soul cuisine, however, I often find it sub par to my late grandmothers cooking!....This is no longer the case, at Bread of Hevan (yes spelled Hevan)....this is it! Good southern style cooking that leaves you so full and content that all you want to do is go to sleep after with a smile on your face! Not to mention the famous southern hospitality that comes along with it. The Staff is beyond friendly, welcoming, and offers excellent customer service that welcomes each person that walks through their door.
Humble has no other place like this, and let's talk aout the food....I have ate there in the restaurant, and I also have got food to go, I have yet to finish my plate in one sitting and I'm a pretty big guy. They give generous portions of food just like grandma use too. Mac N cheese was moist, creamy, delicious, and well prepared, turkey legs tastier than anything youd have on Thanksgiving. Southern style fried chicked crunchy and well seasoned, many items served with thick mouthwatering brown gravy smotherd atop perfectly cooked steamed rice and dumped on your plate in generous abundance!.....Greens just as juicy and flavored as can be. Ox tails, (mmmm) meatloaf thick and hearty, etc etc,....oh and the desserts!!!!....cakes, pies, yummy banana pudding, peach cobbler, etc etc.....
This place is not for dieters, but if a dieter is going to cheat really bad, then this place is how a person goes for it and let their appetite go all in. The food will leave you full, you will have left overs, and you will be content as though you just came from grandma's house...I will def frequent this place when I am missing that southern style taste that I thought only grandma could make! What are you waiting for? Go get some....

3  Thank Danalito