“OLD MacDonald is right.”

Old MacDonald's Farm
Ranked #3 of 20 things to do in Humble
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“OLD MacDonald is right.”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I was disappointed, seems like a tired old farm. I think this place was probably great in its heyday, but sadly, that day has passed. I hope they spend a little money and bring it back.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Wheintze

Porter, Texas
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Over rated”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The only reason I can see for going here is a lack of time to go into Houston. It is very expensive for very few animals of children's play equipment. Maybe if you are going to use the pool it would be worthwhile. It is also strange that they take only cash and do not give you a receipt.

Visited June 2012
Humble, Texas
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Fun for the family”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Like many greater Houston attractions, I can't imagine going here in the middle of the summer heat but it's perfect in the fall and spring. The price of admission is reasonable and everything, except animal feed, is included. We even got to go home with a free pumpkin. There are few places in the Houston area where kids can have old-fashioned fun. This is one of them. My son loved being able to ride the train, ride the ponies, and pet the animals as many times as he wanted. He also loved the wooden play structures and just simply having a wide and open space to roam and play. The one negative, like another pp mentioned, is that the staff needs to be more aware of how other guests are treating the animals. Unfortunately, in this day and age, too many parents turn a blind eye to their mean and unruly kids.

Visited October 2012
Splendora, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Fun for kids”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My kids enjoyed this place because you could pet the animals and feed most of them right out of your hand. I did not mind the majority of the visit because of that fact. The admission was cheap and the food/drinks did not empty my pocket. The variety of animals could have been a little better and I was amazed of the lack of supervision by the staff around the animals. At times I was a little upset by how people let their children treat the animals. They had plenty of things to play on and all the kids there seemed to enjoy that a ton. This is not a place I would want to plan on spending all day at because of the lack of animals. Overall it was okay, a little crowded on the day I went but I would go back only because my kids had fun.

Visited March 2013
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fun and Inexpensive”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Kids love this place. Especially the rope swing in the barn and the free/included pony rides. The train is fun, but loud and a little smokey. Big sandpile, lots of animals to look at, playgrounds, tetherball. Although we have never used it, there is also a swimming pool. Very fun, close to home, inexpensive - especially if you have the Entertainment coupons.

Visited October 2012