After reviewing several hotels near the Houston Bush International Airport, I finally selected this one based on the reviews. However, after one night there, and being somewhat disappointed (I'll offer details below), I ended up checking out and going to the second choice on my list (Country Inn & Suites, a mile south - and a much better experience for only $14 a night more). I checked out because although I could connect easily to their internet (they have 5 different nodes, so you are assured a good connection with lots of bandwidth), I discovered to my dismay that I could not send nor receive emails (devastating for a business traveler)! I have only encountered that one other time in the past three years. When I went to Country Inn & Suites to test it out in their lobby (with their permission and access code), email worked flawlessly, as usual - so it wasn't my computer.
Now for some details.
- The free breakfast was good fare, which is quite typical anymore in this type hotel. Eggs, meat, wafflemaker, and the usual assortments of "Continental" stuff.
- The bed was extremely comfortable, and they had two different pillows to choose from
- The staff were absolutely marvelous. In my haste to check out during lunch (and check in elsewhere), I left a shirt on a hanger. I called the next morning and was able to dash in, get it & get to my meetings. [ I would have rated this a "2" but for the staff. ]
- Close to some decent eating establishments to the southeast
- The aforementioned problems the hotel had with email service - the instantaneous deciding factor in my relocation
- Wear & Tear: for $110/night, I expect better than bleach-stained hall carpets, bashed up walls and doors, unraveling throw rug in the only elevator. Where has the maintenance budget been spent?
- Tiny breakfast dining area - only about six tables in an area about half the size of a hotel room?
- Temperature control on the unit (not a thermostat on the wall, which usually controls more evenly) - and no digital readout, just a knob and my best guess as to where to set it for the night. I slept poorly - never waking enough to actually get up and adjust the temperature dowward, but enough to remember in the morning. Unfortunately this offest the very comfortable bed. Maybe it was just me....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Suites, a Humble Texas hotel near Deerbrook MallThe Comfort Suites® hotel is conveniently located near many local attractions, including Kingwood Cove Golf Club, the Deerbrook Mall and the Cypresswood Golf Club. This Humble, TX hotel is also minutes from shopping boutiques in Old Town Spring and Houston Astros games at Minute Maid Park ballpark. George Bush Intercontinental Airport is about eight miles away.Visitors will further enjoy Lake Houston State Park, the AMC 24 movie theaters and Old McDonald's Farm, located nearby. The hotel is a short drive from downtown Houston.Guests of this Humble, TX hotel will enjoy amenities like:Free high-speed Internet access in all rooms Free The Wall Street Journal.Exercise room 37-inch LCD HD televisions in all rooms.Your Morning Breakfast is full of hot and delicious options, making breakfast at the Comfort Suites the perfect way to start your day. Enjoy our free hot breakfast featuring eggs, meat, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal and more, including your choice of hot waffle flavors! If you're leaving early, a Your Suite Success™ Grab & Go bag is available for the two hours prior to breakfast.An outdoor pool and outdoor whirlpool are provided for guest enjoyment.Business travelers to this Texas hotel will appreciate the business center with free work supplies. The state-of-the-art meeting room can accommodate up to 60 guests, and the latest audio visual equipment is available. The board room is perfect for small executive meetings. Ask about having a meeting or function catered by the hotel's catering partners.From the moment guests pull up to the hotel, they will be amazed at the sophistication and appeal of the Comfort Suites hotel. The well-manicured lawn and gardens are signs that this is an exceptional all-suite hotel. Relax in the beautiful lobby while tunes are playing on the baby grand player piano. The lobby's decor and style are reminiscent of an elegant European hotel.Upon retiring to their suite, guests can relax in the overstuffed chairs and sofas or complete some last-minute business at their suite's work desk. All of the beautifully appointed suites feature satellite television with HBO.The services, style and amenities will wow guests, but the rates won't be surprising. The Comfort Suites hotel offers affordable all-suite luxury in the Humble, Texas area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Suites Humble Houston North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites -Humble Hotel Humble
- Humble Comfort Suites