Holiday Inn Express Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport East
Ranked #23 of 37 Hotels in Humble
Reviewed August 9, 2013

For a one nighter near the airport for an early morning departure, this is a good hotel. I've also stayed here when arriving late so I can start fresh in the morning. Beds are good, the free interweb works and the free breakfast in the morning is not bad..... none of these have good coffee though.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank E N
James B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport East, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to submit a review about our hotel. Sounds like you enjoyed your stay with us, with the exception of the coffee. All Holiday Inn Express hotels use the same brand coffee, so unfortunately we don't have many options when it comes to coffee selections. I can pass your thoughts on to the corporate office and perhaps changes can be made in the future. If there is anything else I can be of assistance with, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thanks again and have a wonderful day!

James Breazeale

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport East

Reviewed August 6, 2013

First time in Humble and we stayed at this Holiday Inn. Was great! Very Nice staff, very clean, nice pool. Grandson LOVED that he could lay in bed watching the planes go by. Loved how it was set up also Had a TV area, hall way then bedrooms. Would and will stay here again. Loved the free popcorn too nothing beats a smile on a grandson's face for a grandmother and we felt VERY safe here!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
James B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport East, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear Robbin,
Thank you for your recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Express Intercontinental East! And thanks also for taking the time to review your stay with us. Sounds like you and your grandson enjoyed the hotel very much! Many of the young kids staying with us enjoy watching the airplanes depart and arrive. I hope that you enjoyed your visit to Humble and we hope to have you as our guests again real soon! Thank you again!

Holiday Inn Express IAH East

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Flight delayed. Forced to stay overnight in Houston and rebooked for an early morning flight next day. Small dollar voucher provided by airline not sufficient to stay at a "nice hotel" and for the 12 hours I'd be there, wasn't going to spring for a better hotel. It is what it is-a Holiday Inn Express. No bells and whistles. Comfortable bed But halls smelled a little of cigarette smoke. And side of building I Was on had a bright light coming through window that was hard to block out . A least coffee at 5:30 AM in lobby was good.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
James B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport East, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Kitt2618,
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I'm sorry to hear you had to stay with us because of troubles with your travel plans, hopefully next time you stay it will be because you planned it. The hotel has gone under many changes the past few months, including becoming an entirely non-smoking hotel. Unfortunately, removing the smoke smell from areas in the hotel proves to be a challenge at times.

I hope that you give us another chance in the future to prove to you we are not just a "Holiday Inn Express"...we strive to provide a warm and inviting atmosphere for our guests and to treat them like family. If you are in the Houston area again and are in need of lodging, contact me directly and I will be glad to handle your stay personally. Thanks again for your stay and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

If you don't like insects, don't stay here. I stayed in a suite here and the room was full of bugs. The light fixture had at least 3 live bugs crawling in it not to mention the dead ones. Watch the bed, I found a small spider crawling across it. The bathroom had two live ones. The shower head didn't work as it should have and sprayed water everywhere. When we first entered the room we noticed the trash cans were not emptied, and full of garbage. The front desk sent someone up to fix the problems. The furniture is all mix and match, and badly worn. The elevator was dirty inside, as well as the hallway floors. When I checked out we asked the desk about the problems with the insects, and was told "well what do you expect, it's Texas" HUH? I guess I could have slept outdoors! I was also told by the front desk, and on line there was big truck parking in the back, do not try to drive in there! There is only enough parking for a few cars, and "NO" turnaround.

Room Tip: Get a room on in the back of the hotel if you are sleeping in, traffic in front is a little loud in...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear OhioGrandma,
First of all, I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us. I know there are multiple choices for hotels in the area and you chose to stay with us. I apologize for the multiple issues you experienced during your stay at our hotel. Since your stay, the hotel has changed pest control companies and hope to see better results in the future. Though the "it's Texas, what do you expect" comment does have some truth to it, it was completely unacceptable as a response to a complaint and I have stressed the importance of this to my staff. Housekeeping has also been made aware of the issues you experienced with the room. While the rooms are inspected pretty thoroughly, it is unfortunate that we dropped the ball on this one. Mistakes do happen, but when they affect the guest's stay, one mistake is one too many.

I hope that when you are in the area again, you will give us another chance to prove ourselves to you. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel. Thanks again for your recent stay and I look forward to having you as my guest again soon!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Got stuck in Houston due to storm delayed flights so while waiting in line at United to rebook, went online and made a reservation at HIE Airport East. Once I got out of the airport it was easy to find the hotel and check-in. Room reminded me of an Embassy Suite for has a separate sitting area divided from the bedroom by a central bathroom. Bed was comfortable, room was clean and price was reasonable. My only complaint was AC was set too low. I tried to adjust but even with assistance from Engineering, room temperature was closer to a Meat Locker than a hotel room. I would recommend this property to anyone traveling through Houston for a couple of days but make sure you get a room where you can adjust the temp!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Dear CalebTumon:
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for providing your review on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to hear about the issues you experienced with your room being too cold. With summer already in full force here in Houston, I have our maintenance team inspecting the units a little more closely to ensure each room is operating in a normal manner.

I hope that when you are in the Houston area again, you will choose us for your lodging needs. Thanks again for your stay and have a great summer!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

it is easy for an airport hotel.
was not comfortable there.

the rooms were not impressive, even though they had a microwave, and small fridge. The paint was peeling in my room, and it was clear that the older motif was just painted over... you can actually see the old ceiling boarder wall paper, under the coat of paint.

not the best in being clean...

I would rather drive through houston traffic vs stay at that location again...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest:
Thank you for your stay with us back in March. I am sorry to hear the hotel did not meet your standards for a comfortable stay. Since your stay, the hotel has gone through changes that include a change in the general manager as well as other renovations in the guest rooms. I hope that you would visit us again in the future and give us another chance to show you the improvements that have been made.

If you would like to discuss your stay further, please feel free to contact me at the hotel directly. Thanks again for your business and we hope to have you as our guest again real soon!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is the second time i have stayed here within a month. I obviously love it as there are many choices around the airport. The rooms are huge and very well maintained. The front desk staff is always willing to help. Cookies, popcorn and a cold bottle of water await you when you arrive.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
James B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport East, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Jim,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stays with us. I feel my staff has worked hard to keep the guests happy, so I am glad to hear their hard work is paying off. We hope to have you as our guest again soon. If there is anything we can do to assist you in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thanks again and have a wonderful day!