Quality Inn & Suites IAH Bush Airport – East
Travel Inn(Humble)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsholiday inn expressevery eveningother hotelsshuttle serviceone night stayhot breakfastdriverflightairporthoustonhiefly
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 19, 2013

If you don't like insects, don't stay here. I stayed in a suite here and the room was full of bugs. The light fixture had at least 3 live bugs crawling in it not to mention the dead ones. Watch the bed, I found a small spider crawling across it. The bathroom had two live ones. The shower head didn't work as it should have and sprayed water everywhere. When we first entered the room we noticed the trash cans were not emptied, and full of garbage. The front desk sent someone up to fix the problems. The furniture is all mix and match, and badly worn. The elevator was dirty inside, as well as the hallway floors. When I checked out we asked the desk about the problems with the insects, and was told "well what do you expect, it's Texas" HUH? I guess I could have slept outdoors! I was also told by the front desk, and on line there was big truck parking in the back, do not try to drive in there! There is only enough parking for a few cars, and "NO" turnaround.

Room Tip: Get a room on in the back of the hotel if you are sleeping in, traffic in front is a little loud in the early morning.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
James B, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites IAH Bush Airport – East, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear OhioGrandma,
First of all, I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us. I know there are multiple choices for hotels in the area and you chose to stay with us. I apologize for the multiple issues you experienced during your stay at our hotel. Since your stay, the hotel has changed pest control companies and hope to see better results in the future. Though the "it's Texas, what do you expect" comment does have some truth to it, it was completely unacceptable as a response to a complaint and I have stressed the importance of this to my staff. Housekeeping has also been made aware of the issues you experienced with the room. While the rooms are inspected pretty thoroughly, it is unfortunate that we dropped the ball on this one. Mistakes do happen, but when they affect the guest's stay, one mistake is one too many.

I hope that when you are in the area again, you will give us another chance to prove ourselves to you. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel. Thanks again for your recent stay and I look forward to having you as my guest again soon!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Got stuck in Houston due to storm delayed flights so while waiting in line at United to rebook, went online and made a reservation at HIE Airport East. Once I got out of the airport it was easy to find the hotel and check-in. Room reminded me of an Embassy Suite for has a separate sitting area divided from the bedroom by a central bathroom. Bed was comfortable, room was clean and price was reasonable. My only complaint was AC was set too low. I tried to adjust but even with assistance from Engineering, room temperature was closer to a Meat Locker than a hotel room. I would recommend this property to anyone traveling through Houston for a couple of days but make sure you get a room where you can adjust the temp!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Dear CalebTumon:
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for providing your review on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to hear about the issues you experienced with your room being too cold. With summer already in full force here in Houston, I have our maintenance team inspecting the units a little more closely to ensure each room is operating in a normal manner.

I hope that when you are in the Houston area again, you will choose us for your lodging needs. Thanks again for your stay and have a great summer!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

it is easy for an airport hotel.
was not comfortable there.

the rooms were not impressive, even though they had a microwave, and small fridge. The paint was peeling in my room, and it was clear that the older motif was just painted over... you can actually see the old ceiling boarder wall paper, under the coat of paint.

not the best in being clean...

I would rather drive through houston traffic vs stay at that location again...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest:
Thank you for your stay with us back in March. I am sorry to hear the hotel did not meet your standards for a comfortable stay. Since your stay, the hotel has gone through changes that include a change in the general manager as well as other renovations in the guest rooms. I hope that you would visit us again in the future and give us another chance to show you the improvements that have been made.

If you would like to discuss your stay further, please feel free to contact me at the hotel directly. Thanks again for your business and we hope to have you as our guest again real soon!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is the second time i have stayed here within a month. I obviously love it as there are many choices around the airport. The rooms are huge and very well maintained. The front desk staff is always willing to help. Cookies, popcorn and a cold bottle of water await you when you arrive.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
James B, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites IAH Bush Airport – East, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Jim,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stays with us. I feel my staff has worked hard to keep the guests happy, so I am glad to hear their hard work is paying off. We hope to have you as our guest again soon. If there is anything we can do to assist you in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thanks again and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed 1 night at this hotel which has the most beautiful decor of any HIX I have ever seen around the world. Lovely lobby area, nice paintings- not the typical HIX art work, spotless carpets and walls in the hallway and room. This hotel is either new or newly renovated with mega dollars spent. Breakfast area was beautiful as well and clean, breakfast options typical for HIX.

Some of the reviewers have the wrong hotel: there are only 3 floors, there is no row of restaurants nearby, there is no restaurant in the hotel.

The woman at the desk in the evening was super helpful and friendly, the hotel van driver likewise.

Only negatives I saw were a sofa with a broken leg in my room and a neglected fitness room (equipment needed repair).

I wish other hotels in this price range were this beautiful! If you have to stay a night at the IAH airport, this is the place. I was disgruntled upon arrival due to airline issues, this place cheered me up.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank World H
James B, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites IAH Bush Airport – East, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for posting a review of the hotel. I apologize for the sofa issue you experienced in your suite...I will inform maintenance of the issue. The hotel is undergoing a gradual renovation on some things and I hope the hard work is paying off.

I appreciate your business and I look forward to having you as my guest again soon!