“Beautiful hotel, some of these reviewers talk about a different hotel”

Quality Inn & Suites IAH Bush Airport – East
Ranked #25 of 38 Hotels in Humble
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed 1 night at this hotel which has the most beautiful decor of any HIX I have ever seen around the world. Lovely lobby area, nice paintings- not the typical HIX art work, spotless carpets and walls in the hallway and room. This hotel is either new or newly renovated with mega dollars spent. Breakfast area was beautiful as well and clean, breakfast options typical for HIX.

Some of the reviewers have the wrong hotel: there are only 3 floors, there is no row of restaurants nearby, there is no restaurant in the hotel.

The woman at the desk in the evening was super helpful and friendly, the hotel van driver likewise.

Only negatives I saw were a sofa with a broken leg in my room and a neglected fitness room (equipment needed repair).

I wish other hotels in this price range were this beautiful! If you have to stay a night at the IAH airport, this is the place. I was disgruntled upon arrival due to airline issues, this place cheered me up.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank World H
James B, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites IAH Bush Airport – East, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for posting a review of the hotel. I apologize for the sofa issue you experienced in your suite...I will inform maintenance of the issue. The hotel is undergoing a gradual renovation on some things and I hope the hard work is paying off.

I appreciate your business and I look forward to having you as my guest again soon!

Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

For some intangible reason, hotels located around airports always have the depressing vibe of "we know you don't want to stay HERE, but you are just because you're on your way somewhere else". This place does its best to make you feel that you might actually want to be staying here, which is a welcome change.

Another thing, I have no idea what the difference is between a "Holiday Inn" and a "Holiday Inn Express". There is a full-fledged Holiday Inn on JFK (about same distance from the airport), and the only difference I can notice is that they have more breakfast options (at a cost) while this place has the typical HIexpress buffet setup of drowsy/hungover guests fumbling the communal offerings of scrambled eggs, sausage and cinnamon buns.

Room quality is great. My standard king-bed room felt more like a suite which had a detached living area from the bedroom (with TV 's in each).

As far as location goes, I prefer this over the non-express Holiday Inn, as it is close to a strip of all the restaurants and big box stores you'll ever need.

• Stayed: May 2013

Pat,
Thank you for your recent stay with us! I am glad you enjoyed your stay. The hotel has gone through some staff changes recently, including management, and I think the service is taking a turn for the better. As a smaller hotel, I like to think that we are able to provide a more personal touch to our service and treat each of our guests as if they are a guest at our home...at least that is my goal. I appreciate you taking the time to complete a review of the hotel and I look forward to having you as my guest again real soon. Thank you!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We missed a flight and stayed here for 1 night compliments of United Airlines. The room was good not great. A little aged but clean. Our check-in was quick and staff was very courteous. We ate dinner and breakfast in their restaurant, which was very convenient and good. I would recommend for short stay. Free Airport shuttle was a definite plus and it runs every 30 minutes during peak times.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Room quality is the main issue here. It's never a good start when you discover dirty sheets (thankfully, there were two beds), and countless little things in the room that made you feel like the place was worn down. There were small holes in the wallpaper (redecorating gone incomplete?), a refrigerator that looked as if a baseball bat was taken to it, the shower rod was coming out of the wall at both ends, and a nominally working toilet (worse in two other rooms reported by others). Also, the hotel is about 20 minutes from the airport and the small shuttle bus couldn't keep up with demand (get on the early one). The saving grace was the staff who truly seemed to care about the guests.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites IAH Bush Airport – East, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear wacomick,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We value your comments as they help us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards of service our guests expect.

I am disappointed to read that we failed to exceed or at least meet your expectations during your stay. I apologize for the shortcomings you have encountered in your room and I deeply regret that you didn't find some items in your room to your liking.

Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. Rest assured that your comments will be used to reconsider improvements. We hope that this incident will not deter you from staying with us again.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Front desk staff very very friendly and proffesional, treated every one equally, nothing like the service I received at the other Holiday Inn, I will definately be back to this location!!! Clean rooms, good breakfast, everything was GREAT!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 7, 2012

After almost 8 hours waiting for a two weeks old Boeing 787 not to be fixed in George Bush International Airport, United Airlines sent us to the Holiday Inn Express.
The rooms are huge, but the smell is not good and the shower dropped the entire night.
We ordered a wakeup call at 5am but they forget to make it (fortunately I wake up myself due to jet lag).

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank edgarfn
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Me tuve que hospedar en este hotel d3bido a que mi vuelo Huston-Las Vegas fue cancelado. Queda muy cerca del aeropuerto, tienen servicio de transporte propio y la atencion dl personal fue excelente, igual que las instalaciones y el precio ($140 por una noche en habitacion doble). Lo recomiendo 100%
I had to stay at this hotel because my fligt Huston-Las Vegas was cancelled and I couldn't get in another fligth. This hotel is nearby the airport and has shuttle service. The attention was great, same as the facillities and the price ($140.00 for a night in a double room). I rcomend it 100%

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business