“No shuttle. No breakfast”
Review of Woodland Inn

Woodland Inn
Ranked #13 of 38 Hotels in Humble
Reviewed December 18, 2012

A shuttle to/from airport and a free breakfast was advertised on their site when we booked through expedia last week. When we arrived, they said it was no longer included now that it is a knights inn. Why couldn't they post that on their web site because it changed a few months ago

We paid the equivalent to the hotel room cost in taxis and food costs.

This is deceitful and dishonest. Not recommended.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
woodlandinniah, Manager at Woodland Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. Your feedback help us to improve the quality of service.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I had a 12 hour lay over so got a room. They provided a free shuttle both ways. I was picked up by the owner who was a kind and very pleasant woman. She was an excellent safe driver. She was helpful, informative, offered advice about all the needs I might have, food, store etc..The room was very clean, roomy and comfortable. Nice comfortable bed, ac/heater worked great. Shower had great pressure. I was taken back to the airport by a nice man who also drove safe. The hall had a bit of odor like some older places do, but in the room it's self there was none at all. I had a very nice nights sleep!

Room Tip: I had a room with a king bed, bed was very comfortable, good pillows, clean nice towels, and a micro...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank 1964human

Reviewed October 17, 2012

After a very long day, (I'm a flight attendant) I was going to go to my usual nasty roach motel as i called it, when another flight attendant friend told me about Daxa's Knights Inn, Daxa herself picked me up in her own car and listened to me tell her all about my day. She has got to be one of the most loving, genuine and kindest person I've had the pleasure of meeting for a long time!
We arrived at the hotel and I was then met by Joselin, who was working the front desk. She was lovely, smiling and so gracious. After both ladies informed me of food options, they bade me a good night. I arrived in my room and was very impressed! It was immaculate!!! I stay in lots of hotels and this was so pleasant. The bed was very comfortable. Free wifi, a free breakfast in the morning and free rides to the airport. I will be recommending this lovely hotel to EVERYONE I know who is staying in Houston. The rates are perfect and the staff are outstanding. Thank you so very much! Anthea

Room Tip: Just ask Daxa and she will let you know what would suit your needs best.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Anthea U

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Rates were very reasonable, the rooms were immaculate and comfortable. It's fairly remote and I admit I was a bit anxious about leaving my car there for nearly 2 weeks but I had no problems. I was very nervous about the flight I was facing the next morning, traveling alone with multiple plane changes and Daxa was so wonderfully soothing and kind every second I had interaction with her that it made it so much easier for me. I had to have a 4:30 a.m. shuttle and she was there on the spot ready to go. Whatever is needed, she's right there, taking care of it personally. She rapidly became a friend. When I returned and called from the airport, I was so relieved to hear her voice on the phone because I knew now I could relax. She came quickly to pick me up in the shuttle and after another exhausting multiple plane changes during my return flight, I was happy to to see her again and knew any single thing I required, she would see to it. What a wonderful hard-working lady she is, generous of spirit, and I credit her with being the reason I would recommend anyone stay there, because she's the reason for the great rates, the clean rooms, and the excellent service. I've stayed in all kinds of hotels, but I can say this is one of those that will first come to mind when I'm in that area because I know whatever it is, she's going to take care of me like a personal friend. I can tell you I won't give another hotel a second glance when I need one in that area. I'll go to Daxa's and I'd recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Just tell Daxa what your needs are and she'll see to it they are met.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I had 30+ hours of travel from Munich Germany to Cabo Mexico stopping first in DC then in Houston. The plane was late and I called for airport shuttle after 1am. I needed to be back at the airport around 8am. I was looking for a hotel that would honor my late arrival and provide shuttle service. I found efficient service and a clean, comfortable room. The staff was friendly and kind.. After traveling for so long and with further to go, I felt grateful to meet a kind and helpful person in the general manager, Daxa. I would definitely stay there again and recommend the hotel highly.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Considering the daily and weekly rates, Daxa's Inn is an very good choice. The rooms are very clean and look reasonably modern. Breakfast is included in the daily rates, and a shuttle to IAH airport is provided as well. However, there are some smaller drawbacks. The first one is signage: while the hotel is called Daxa's Inn, the old Knights Inn signage is still everywhere. This can be a bit confusing on arrival. Also, while conveniently located off I-69, there is not much in the immediate neighborhood, just a Quizno's and two gas stations. No grocery stores (apart from the gas station), fast food places, or better restaurants within walking distance. Also, as elsewhere, a location close to a freeway means the surrounding neighborhood seems somewhat run-down. Breakfast is below-average, with two choices of cereals, toast, butter and jam. Two or three additional choices would be great. Finally, the rooms are a bit noisy, but then again what does a traveler expect from a hotel close to the airport and a major interchange? The noise level is absolutely bareable considering the great rates and helpful service.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I have been using another facility closer to I45 all these years. i decided to make a change to Daxa's inn Humble on Sept 08, 2012. World of Difference. Nice, friendly service. Clean comfortable room. We didn't stay long enough for the free breakfast. Efficient transportation was provided to and fro to the Bush Intercontinental Airport. It is located very close to highways and our car was parked for 15 days. Very safe place for the car and people. The room came with a mini fridge and a mircowave. No odor of any sort in the room. I would recommend this place to one and all for their stay and parking. I am not able to rate the swimming pool and the breakfast place, since i never got around to use it.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet, inspite of being close to highways.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ravi S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Humble
3 mi away
Rodeway Inn Humble
#19 of 38 in Humble
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush IAH South
Days Inn Humble/Houston Intercontinental Airport

Been to Woodland Inn? Share your experiences!