“Excellent value, amazingly friendly staff”
Review of Woodland Inn

Woodland Inn
Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Humble
St. John's, Canada
“Excellent value, amazingly friendly staff”
Reviewed May 4, 2012

My fancy 4 stars Hotel canceled my reservation the day before I arrive, so I end up in the the Knights Inn. I was expecting the worse but it was a good surprise. The room was spacious, very clean, and the bed very confortable. I went to Houston on a 3-day business trip, and the second day I couldn't get a cab, so the manager (a sweet lady) offered to give me a ride, and she came to pick me up when I finished my meeting. Her daughter took charge of driving me from and back to the Hotel the second day. They charged me like a cab, but I would have payed double if they have asked. I will definitely go back on my next trip to Houston.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Moha007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Regina, SK
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Had not planned on spending a night in Houston but due to missing a flight connection the airliines suggested this hotel for an economical overniter. The owner picked us up promptly and because it was late offered to take us to a restaurant and just made us feel very welcome. Rooms were not fancy but clean and quiet. We had free internet and use of the copier by the front desk. Also free coffee even though we missed the continental breakfast. I would stay at this hotel if I am ever back in Houston.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cher4
Calgary
Reviewed April 21, 2012

We stayed in this hotel on our way to and from Roatan in April. I believe the value for the price was exceptional: spotless room, continental breakfast (toasts, jam, cereal, coffee, tea, milk, bananas), airport shuttle (we were picked up at night and dropped off very early in the morning by Toyota Camry). It seems that the furniture and washroom fixtures were new. All the staff and the manager-owner were very nice, helpful and efficient. We were referred to the nearby restaurant D's Tax-Mex (we walked there) where we very much enjoyed the food. Despite the proximity to a highway and several flyovers we barely could hear any noise in our room. The only drawback was a smell in the corridor but it was not present in the room.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Pleasant, clean, comfortable, friendly and affordable stay. Night manager/shuttle driver makes you feel secure. I left items in the room and they were waiting for me when I got home. Will stay there again if travel plans take me there.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank sandygola
Knights-Inn-IAH, Front Office Manager at Woodland Inn, responded to this review, January 24, 2012
Thank you for recommending the Knights Inn - Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport. We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you received your delivered belongings. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again!

Tulsi P.
Piedmont, South Carolina
Reviewed December 3, 2011

Missing a connecting flight due to weather, we, four ladies, were stranded in Houston overnight. Given a discount of $4.00, we were referred to this hotel. We were picked up and taken to the hotel, checked in and even taken and picked up at a local restaurant, 11pm and starving. Staff that night and the next day were awesome! We did not care for the unsafe neighborhood but was always watched by our escot, the night manager. Made a bad situation, better.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank 1954kaya
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Needed a place for to stay overnight on our way to Utila, Honduras. So affordable that we could get 2 rooms-one for out adult sons. Airport shuttle was a big draw also

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank nisswavic
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2011

I booked Knights Inn because I had a 6am flight out of Houston International Airport and they were one of very few hotels that offered an all night shuttle service. What was even more impressive is that I wanted to drop my rental car off at the airport the night before my flight. The hotel manager (Daxa) led me in her car to the car rental drop-off location and then drove me back to the hotel. I have never encounterd this level of personal service before. It was brilliant!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank AndyMariaCle
Knights-Inn-IAH, Assistant Manager at Woodland Inn, responded to this review, November 1, 2011
Thank you for such wonderful words about Knights Inn Houston IAH. We are very happy to hear from you about your experience. Here at our hotel, we aim to create a welcoming and comfortable environment and level of service - thank you for recognizing the efforts.
We hope to see you again next time you travel through Houston. And please do recommend us to your family and friends too!

Thanks again,
Tulsi P.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Humble
Winchester Inn & Suites Humble/IAH/North Houston
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush Intl Airport E
Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport
Ramada Houston Intercontinental Airport East
Super 8 Intercontinental Houston TX
Days Inn Humble/Houston Intercontinental Airport

Been to Woodland Inn? Share your experiences!