“Stuck in Houston”

Ranked #13 of 35 Hotels in Humble
Piedmont, South Carolina
“Stuck in Houston”
Reviewed December 3, 2011

Missing a connecting flight due to weather, we, four ladies, were stranded in Houston overnight. Given a discount of $4.00, we were referred to this hotel. We were picked up and taken to the hotel, checked in and even taken and picked up at a local restaurant, 11pm and starving. Staff that night and the next day were awesome! We did not care for the unsafe neighborhood but was always watched by our escot, the night manager. Made a bad situation, better.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank 1954kaya

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Needed a place for to stay overnight on our way to Utila, Honduras. So affordable that we could get 2 rooms-one for out adult sons. Airport shuttle was a big draw also

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank nisswavic
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2011

I booked Knights Inn because I had a 6am flight out of Houston International Airport and they were one of very few hotels that offered an all night shuttle service. What was even more impressive is that I wanted to drop my rental car off at the airport the night before my flight. The hotel manager (Daxa) led me in her car to the car rental drop-off location and then drove me back to the hotel. I have never encounterd this level of personal service before. It was brilliant!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank AndyMariaCle
Knights-Inn-IAH, Assistant Manager at Woodland Inn, responded to this review, November 1, 2011
Thank you for such wonderful words about Knights Inn Houston IAH. We are very happy to hear from you about your experience. Here at our hotel, we aim to create a welcoming and comfortable environment and level of service - thank you for recognizing the efforts.
We hope to see you again next time you travel through Houston. And please do recommend us to your family and friends too!

Thanks again,
Tulsi P.
Bryan, TX
Reviewed October 17, 2011

I took advantage of the "park, sleep, fly" option. Spent the night here before an early morning flight, enjoyed the free shuttle to the airport, left my car in the motel lot, and their shuttle picked me up from my return flight. Owners/staff are extremely friendly. Room was clean and comfortable. I would definitely do this again. I hadn't realized that the room had a fridge and microwave - next time I'll bring along something for breakfast.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank javan211
We're glad you were able to benefit from our package deal. Thank you for your review, we appreciate it, and I'm sure other travelers will too. Be sure to tell your friends so they can enjoy the great savings as well. We hope you choose our hotel again next time you're traveling out of IAH. We'd love to have you back!

Regards,
Tulsi P
Continental, ohio
Reviewed August 26, 2011

my husband has had 2 back surgeries and felt good after sleeping in the bed...staff was very nice also...nice place for the price

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thanks for sharing that! We are very glad your husband found our matresses to be exceptional. We hope you choose Knights Inn Houston IAH next time you are in town!

Best,
Tulsi P.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Booked a room through a booking site for my daughter because of an overnight layover from an international flight. The flight was late and had to be rerouted away from Houston. Contacted the booking site to cancel the reservation early in the morning and they said the Knights Inn refused to canel the reservation. I had to contact the hotel myself and was told by the Front Clerk that only the manager could cancel the reservation but she was not in yet. I Called at least five times and left messages during the day and Ms Patel refused to take my call or return my call. That was rude and disrespectful and I recomend you do your business elsewhere. All they care about here is your money not quality service.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
HumbleKnightsInn, General Manager at Woodland Inn, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
We are sorry there were last minute changes to your travel plans that conflicted with your hotel reservation. However, the booking website, hotels.com, informed you of the strict 24 Hour Cancellation Policy that applies to your reservation.
I apologize that you could not get in touch with me that day, I was and have been away from the hotel for a personal emergency.
Daxa
British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We chose this hotel because it had a 24 hour airport shuttle and was well priced. The driver was very gracious and happy to drive us to the airport at 4:30AM, for which we were greatful. The staff at this hotel were extremely friendly and helpful; best customer service I have seen in a while. This hotel was a welcome change from the surly slow service at Bush Intl Airport, for sure! Rooms were clean and tidy as well. All in all, a great choice for an overnighter.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
HumbleKnightsInn, Public Relations Manager at Woodland Inn, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
We take pride in our service & cleanliness - thank you for your appreciation. Knights Inn Houston IAH uniquely offers a 24 hour shuttle for guests just like you :)
We hope to see you next time you have an over night stay at IAH
Also consider these accommodations in or near Humble
Winchester Inn & Suites Humble/IAH/North Houston
Super 8 Intercontinental Houston TX
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush Intl Airport E
SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport
Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport
Rodeway Inn Humble
Rodeway Inn Humble
#19 of 35 in Humble

Been to Woodland Inn? Share your experiences!