“Great overnight stay”

Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Humble
BILLINGS
“Great overnight stay”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This is the Days Inn on Hester Road. The room was spacious, clean, newly remodeled, bed very comfortable and linens clean. We called the hotel when we got into the airport, at 11pm, and were picked up within 10 minutes. The following morning we had a breakfast provided which included waffles and fruit, juice and coffee. There was also cereals available. The same congenial desk clerk/manager took us back to the airport, in the same nice new, clean vehicle. For the king bed room it was $63.17 including tax. Excellent value, will stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
South San Francisco, California
Reviewed October 12, 2011

For some reasons I have been foolish enough for not spending what I should ending up at this cheap DAYS INN Humble, Texas, Hester Road. I had booked online attracted by the fact that it was a brand new hotel that had opened up only 2 months ago in June 2011.
What a mistake !

The room I staid in was on the first floor. The carpet was disgustingly stained in many places (see pictures) making me feel uncomfortable to walk bare foot, which I did not.
Many thick long black hair were found here and there and more embarrassing between bed sheets. I wish I had one of those CSI’s device to make sure there was no body fluids in the bed !!!
Toilet paper was not fold as it is usually and was rolling 2 feet down touching the floor.

The flat screen TV set though providing many channels gave a tiring reddish image.
The noisy refrigerator did not cool down a lot. On the opposite the also noisy window mounted A/C was efficient.
The tiny swimming pool was not appealing with many dead insects and foamy matter floating on the surface of the water (see pictures).
The outside corridor leading to rooms does not have any coating: it is only rough concrete with white paint stains left during the construction by painters all over. Moreover it is covered by trash and cigarette butts.
I was disturbed at night by people talking loudly in front of my room and by others leaning on my window while smoking in total disrespect with other guests sleep.
Breakfast is served from 6 to 9 am. There are only 3 small areas to sit at the table facing the front desk. As you can guess, when I arrived at 8:20 all the food and drinks were gone and I had to take the very last muffin with half a cup of remaining milk thanks to the fact that the owner, though being there did not do any refill.

Internet access was a good surprise and perhaps the only one during this horrendous stay since surfing was good and consistent.

To make it short: stay away and DO consider other lodging options. There are plenty nearby with or without driving a car.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank HOTELLMEMORE
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 31, 2004

Date of stay: Jan 14 - 15th, 2004

Hotel location: about a mile from Intercontinental Airport. Courtesy shuttle available but not before 6 a.m.

Room location: faces rear of hotel

Overall hotel appearance: average. Big screen tv in breakfast/meeting room -- quality of tv image is poor. 2 PCs available for guest use: 15-min limit per guest, if other guests are waiting; complimentary; attached printers. Outdoor pool, but I didn't have time to use it.

Quality of room: average king room

Quality of bathroom: average

Quality of staff: Front desk clerk in training when I checked in: slow, as she had to stop and ask the mgr on duty lots of questions. Surly airport shuttle driver: The first terminal stop was for Continental.
Though I was flying Delta, the driver initially didn't want to drop me off at Delta and made me get off at Continental, which is almost on the other side of the airport -- I have no problem walking down to Delta, but it was not quite 6 a.m. and completely dark outside. When I started unloading my luggage from the shuttle cargo, the driver demanded to know what I was doing. I told him that I was taking my luggage because he told me to get off there. At that point, he claimed that he could take me to the Delta terminal because he wasn't running behind after all. He claimed that he was doing me a "special favor" by dropping me off at my departure terminal!! Problem with hotel bill: When I arrived, I asked the front desk clerk to add to my bill the room charges of a colleague who had arrived 5 days earlier. After the clerk and the mgr on duty transferred my colleague's room charges to my bill, I asked if there was anything else that needed to be done so that my colleague would not have to pay for his room. They replied that everything has been taken care of. When my colleague checked out early the next a.m., he noticed that his room was still charged to his credit card. Assuming that the transfer had not been completed and not wanting to call my room because it was 5 a.m., he signed for his room charges. When I checked out a couple of days later, my colleague's room was charged to my card. It wasn't until I had returned to the office the following Monday that I realized that the hotel staff never tore up the imprint of my colleague's credit card. My colleague and I were double-billed for his room. We've been trying to resolve the problem with the hotel for the past two wks, but the hotel mgt has yet to resolve the problem.
They claim that they're too busy with guests during SuperBowl to investigate the issue further. They stated it would take them another wk or so before they can get around to it.

Security: average for both hotel and room

Meals: Continental breakfast in breakfast/meeting room. Hot and cold beverage dispensers available all day. Local "greasy spoon" in hotel parking lot: hot breakfast buffet but items off the menu are slow; salad bar; dinner buffet; food is ok if bland.

Recommendation: average but staff could really brush up on their customer service.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member