“If I knew I could expect this hotel... I'd work out of town more often!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Houston Intercontinental Airport East
Ranked #8 of 35 Hotels in Humble
San Antonio, TX
“If I knew I could expect this hotel... I'd work out of town more often!”
Reviewed September 14, 2009

I called ahead to let the Front Desk know I was a late check in and to get directions. Carmelo gave me perfect directions including specifics on which lane to be in when I exited and how to navigate getting across the highway the easiest way possible. I should mention it was 9:30pm and raining! When I arrived, Carmelo knew who I was, he was friendly and his smiling face helped to dissolve my travel fatigue! He took all of three minutes to get me a ground floor room and handed me the room key. I travel frequently and was disappointed due to the fact that I would only have a few hours to enjoy the enormous room! It was beautiful, clean, quiet and very comfortable! I will gladly look for other Country Inn & Suites first!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Texas
Reviewed September 8, 2009

I chose this hotel based on location to IAH, online reviews, and price. Security is a big issue for me, especially when it comes to staying in a city as large as Houston. I felt very safe staying at this hotel. The area was very well lit up and open. Price is a major factor, especially in today's market. The rate features for my room are as follows...King size bed, Non Smoking, Guest room, Hi Speed Net, Wet Bar, Work Desk, Free Shuttle service to and from IAH...Parking for up to seven nights...after 7th night parking is $4.00 per day. The room was very nice and clean AND the bed was LUXURIOUS!!! The manager was so very nice and friendly. He shuttled us back and forth to and from the airport...helped us with our luggage. We had a very nice complimentary breakfast prior to leaving for the airport. All of this for $109.00 USD plus tax. What a bargain! You can bet I will be back and certainly reccommend this place to all of my family and friends! Thank you, Bhavesh, for our wonderful stay. Sharon Jemelka and Audrey Loos

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Texas
Reviewed August 17, 2009

My business partnert and I travel a significant amout. We did not know we would be in Humble so we thought we would just find a hotel when we get close to our destination. As a walk-in needing a double HC Accessible room I was blown away at the helpfulness of the staff. Carmelo got us in a room under our budget and made every effort to see that we were well taken care up. Country Inn & Suites moved to the top of our reservation list. Thanks for the great experience.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Carlsbad, New Mexico
Reviewed June 14, 2009

We stayed at Country Inn and Suites in Humble June 2009. They are mostly a business person's hotel but were wonderful with my kids! The shuttle arrived for us in about 5 minutes, the driver handeled all of the bags. The front desk was very helpful. The pool was open until 11PM and again at 6AM (great for jet lagging kids) although the water was a little cold. Breakfast was nice. Beds were very comfy. All in all a great experience. Worth the little extra to get a suite so some of us could sleep while others didn't (again jet lag). Would go back again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Dallas
Reviewed January 16, 2009

I loved that place!
From the beginning the staff was helpful, we went to Texas to visit some family for the holidays, and our cousin was the one that went to get us the room, he said he had a hard time finding a room that seemed big and comfortable enough for 5 people.. since we have 3 children we need a lot of space.. he was able to see the rooms before making a decision, we got a queen suite it big made enough to make me and my family feel like we were in our own apartment! it has a living room and everything, i was amazed at how comfortable the beds were !! all the people that work there where really nice made my children feel comfortable, we didn't need to go out to restaurant in the morning since they serve hot food! sausages eggs it was all good!! they have fitness center, a big and nice pool (indoors).. we just loved it , it was sad to go back home! we will definitely be going back next year!!

• Liked — In door pool!! and fitness center!
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
Clemmons, North Carolina
Reviewed June 25, 2008

This hotel is very clean and has nice size rooms. Our mini suite on the fourth floor had nice furnishings and a comfortable bed. They have a weight room and swimming pool as well and are located close to the airport for easy arrival and departure. We could see the planes taking off but never heard any of the usual noise that accompanies air traffic.

The front desk staff and shuttle van driver were very courteous as were all the staff with whom we had occasion to talk. They also have a computer available for use with printing for such as air flight boarding passes.

They offer a breakfast bar including Texas shapped waffles!

All in all we thorouly enjoyed our stay in Houston!

• Liked — It's fresh clean appearance
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WAndrus
Phoenix
Reviewed May 10, 2008

We ended up in Houston, Texas ( Humble ) during our road trip across Interstate 10. We have stayed at other Country Inn & Suites and were very comfortable so choosing to stay here in Texas was a natural choice.

This Country Inn has basically the same layout from all the others Country Inn's as far as the exterior and interior of the building is concerned.

This one seems to be fairly new like built in the last five years maybe. We booked the Good For Business package which got us a non-smoking room with two tv's, expanded cable, microwave, refridgerator, separate living area from bedroom area and complimentary high speed internet with your laptop and complimentary continental breakfast plus if you are a rewards card member you get a bonus 1,500 points for booking this package.

The swimming pool was advertised as heated but it felt too cold to me to be heated. The hot tub is amazing. Jets are powerful and the hot tub is hot like its supposed to be and is large enough to accomodate 12 people.

The hotel staff are dumber than sin and useless as far as getting questions answered. They are your ordinary folk probably making $9 bucks an hour and are just collecting a check. They don't go out of their way to assist you. In other words, they do just enough to get you on your way and are very short answered when asking questions.

However, supposedly the Manager and Assistant Manager are both out of town so if that is true that explains the non chalant attitude of their employees at least during our trip.

Staff aside, the rooms ( Our Room Type ) are very spacious, comfortable and have everything you need to enjoy your stay.

• Liked — The Room and Hot Tub
  • Disliked — Staff
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family