Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Houston Intercontinental Airport East
Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Humble
Reviewed May 22, 2012

When I think of an "airport" hotel, I expect the property to be at the airport. This is about 10 minutes away by complimentary shuttle. The hotel is directly adjacent to a freeway, but we didn’t notice any freeway noise. Across the freeway was a long strip of shopping and restaurants. Since we didn't have a car, the shuttle drove us over to a restaurant of our choice, and then picked us back up at a pre-agreed time. A very nice touch.

The morning breakfast was well appointed with plenty of hot and cold options, just short of a cook-to-order meal. But top of the line as far as free breakfast buffets go.

Rooms were spacious and modern with mini fridge and mini microwave. Complimentary wireless worked fine. This is a fine place to stay for a few days on a business trip or weekend, but I would not recommend it for a long-term stay.

All personnel were friendly, although only a few seemed to be very fluent in English. I guess that is to be expected in this area of Houston.

For the price I paid through Hotwire, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed May 11, 2012

This hotel seems to be operated by owners who only invest money when forced to. The lobby and breakfast area are very nice and the breakfast was up to standards. I would have rated the service higher if the staff had been able to give better travel directions and been able to figure out how to turn off the message waiting light on our phone.

My problem was with the suite itself. The living room contained a sofa bed that had definitely seen better days and a TV that was so old it required a device to recieve current programming. The sink in the wet bar was damaged iin several places.

The bathroom looked like a real amateur had been turned loose with a caulking gun. The ring arould the turb drain was badly corroded and the lavatory sink had ben poorly repaired.

The two queen size beds were placed so close to the walls that it was difficult to access the beds and difficult to close the bedroom door. The bedroom furniture was old but serviceable, except fot the item between the beds. This piece was old, cheap and badly damaged. The front was chipped and the top was badly blistered. I looked like it had been rescued from a college dorm before the dorm was torn down.

To add insult to injury, we paid $175 a night plus tax for this suite. There was a convention in Downtown Houston that week and management decided to take advantage. Next week the room is available for less that $80.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Very clean. Fantastic staff. Their 2 room suites are so comfortable & affordable. Will be staying here next time in that area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I booked this hotel based on reviews and also the location - near the Airport but also near restaurants and shops, plus the fact that they have a shuttle bus. It did not disappoint on any of these, but what really made it such a great experience was the staff. They are all very friendly, helpful and professional. When I rang from the Airport for the shuttle bus they could not find my reservation, but sent the bus anyway. They definitely did not have a reservation for me, I don't know whether that was their fault or booking.com. However a room was found and I was made to feel very welcome. This was important to me as I was a foreigner in a city I hadn't visited before, and was spending the first night on my own until my relative arrived the next day. That night I was taken in the shuttle bus to a lovely restaurant and picked up afterwards. We came back to the hotel for one night at the end of our stay and it felt really nice to be back there. I had to spend some time the next day on my own, filling in time before an evening flight. I walked to the nearby Mall and fully intended to walk back but when I came out there was a thunder and lightning storm with torrential rain! I phoned the hotel and within 10 minutes the shuttle bus arrived! The room was clean and well equipped, nice size bathroom and comfortable bed. Really good breakfast with lots of choice - fresh fruit, porridge, waffles and cooked items which were different each day. If I ever return to Houston I would definitely stay there again and I highly recommend it whether your stay is for business or leisure. I must just say again that what makes this hotel stand out from the crowd is the staff.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 19, 2012

This hotel is very handy/accessable from IAH. The van driver is great, personable and efficient. The hotel staff, very professional and friendly. The area around the hotel is terrific to get in a walk in a nice residential area. A nice maul, and some great restaurants are very close. The rooms are still hotel rooms, but just fine. If you need a hotel near the Houston International Airport, I am confident this place will work well for you.

Room Tip: Remember people's names.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Great hotel with very helpful staff at a resonable rate

Room Tip: Dont know what David D is talking about I had no problems ever and I have been staying here twice a...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2012

We stayed for one night. The front desk staff was superb. They could not have been any friendlier or more helpful. We were very please with our stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family