“Wonderful!”

Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Humble
Sugar Land, Texas, United States
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Very clean even with renovations, I enjoyed my weeklong stay and the staff was amazing. I had the best rest that I'd gotten in a very long time. I especially enjoyed the fitness center, it was very clean and had everything I needed to have a great workout.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Turkish first
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I had read all the positive reviews and was expecting more. There is a renovation project on the 4th floor - I was given a room on the 4th floor and as I walked to the room I figured my room had already had the renovations. Either I was wrong or they have a really bad contractor.
Tried to print a boarding pass in the business center and one computer wouldn't come on and the other one had some compatibility issues.
Being a Diamond HHonors I usually get an early check-in if available - I had just flown into IAH and got to the hotel at 1pm - the girl working at front desk acted like she had never heard of anyone asking about an early check - in , she told me that check out was at 12noon and they were completely full tonight.....I'm thinking, but didn't say this to her, that's all fine but I'm guessing most of the guests from previous night left their rooms much earlier than 12 noon...I left and had a late lunch and checked in at 3pm.
I'll pick another Hilton family hotel next time I fly into IAH. If I could give 2.5 stars I would.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Hortkie
Somewhere, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Stayed at the hotel pre-cruise. Shuttle picked us up promptly from airport and returned us next day for our cruise transportation. Shuttle also took us to a restaurant in the evening - all complementary. In fact, our shuttle driver from the airport even brought our luggage up to the room for us. The hotel is on a very busy road so if you don't have a vehicle, you really cannot walk any where as there are no sidewalks. We did walk up to the Target a few blocks away but had to walk in a field to get there. It was just too close to ask the shuttle to take us as he would have had to go way out of his way due to it being a one way road. Hotel is adjacent to a highway but was very quiet. Front desk called us shortly after arrival to make sure everything in the room was to our satisfaction. Very spacious public area and breakfast was neat and well stocked. Overall, a very nice property with complementary amenities that normally cost extra elsewhwere. Would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Covina, California
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Great Hotel close to IAH airport.... Shopping Mall close by.... Great staff. Will stay here again if im ever in the area! However, I will definately say no attractions are walkable. Definately need a rental car.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Saint Louis Park, Minnesota
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stayed at this property twice in November, 2012, and would gladly stay here again, with two caveats.

Pros:

This hotel's biggest strength is its employees. Everyone at this property we came in contact with, from the hotel manager to the maids, seemed to genuinely care about their guests, and wanted to ensure they had a great stay.

Both rooms we stayed in were immaculately clean, and all the beds / fixtures seemed to be in good shape.

The hotel breakfast area is larger than in many Hampton Inns, so we did not feel crowded during peak dining hours.

The gym is spacious, had a nice selection of equipment, and was very clean.

Cons:

The biggest problem with the hotel is that, as others have said, the hotel faces a major freeway (US 59 / future Interstate 69). On our first stay, our room overlooked the freeway, and was noisy all night long. When we checked in for our second stay, we requested a room away from the freeway and the elevators; this room was much quieter.

The only other problem with the hotel is that it is located on the US 59 / future I-69 southbound service drive. If you are coming from the airport or downtown Houston, you need to exit the freeway, drive up and over it, then head back south to reach the hotel. The signage in the vicinity of the hotel is HORRIBLE, so it is easy to overshoot the hotel and / or accidentally merge back onto US 59 / future I-69.

Note that although the hotel is close to the extended centerline of IAH's runways, jet noise is not a problem.

These concerns are obviously beyond the control of the hotel. I would still gladly choose the property, but please keep them in mind.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway and the elevators!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JoeMSP
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I didn't spend much time here as I was on business. I was greeted upon arrival immediately. I arrived to the hotel early, about 1:30pm and didn't think I would be able to check in early, but the gentleman at the desk took care of me and got me on my way. The room was very relaxing and the bed was nice and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was nice with a good varielty and many choices.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Central Texas
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Extremely nice staff, great nights sleep, an average breakfast, really good coffee. this hotel is on the highway and is close, but not necessarily near the airport. What i mean by that is that if it is a heavy traffic time of day, its going to take more than just a few minutes to get to IAH. The advantages of this hotel is that it is right on the Eastex Freeway and very close to some really good places to eat and have a drink or two.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Humble
Hampton Inn & Suites Houston / Atascocita
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush Intl Airport E
Best Western Plus Houston Atascocita Inn & Suites
SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport
Best Western Plus Intercontinental Airport Inn
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Houston Intercontinental Airport East

Been to Hampton Inn Houston/Humble-Airport Area? Share your experiences!