“DOUBLE CHARGED ME, SCAM”

Hampton Inn Houston/Humble-Airport Area
Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Humble
Reviewed April 1, 2011

We rented and paid for our room with BookIt.com, checked in the desk clerk asked for my credit card, as usual I gave it to her. We rented the room on 3/26/2011-3/27/2011 BookIt took their money out of my account on 3/28/2011 it was $104.49 what they said it was going to be. Now I have a charge from Hampton inn Humble Tx on my account for $88.52, I called the hotel to ask about it, the young lady on the phone was very rude, said I would have to wait til Monday. I called the 1-800 number for Hampton Joseph said he was going to reverse the charges and send me an email, well I read the email while on the phone with him, he stated in the email that he was going to forward the info to the hotel manager but could not see the charges from the hotel.And could not reverse the charges. Also they charge a hold fee on your card thats supposed to automatically disappear in 72 hours. Yeah Right. Please check your bank statements!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 20, 2011

I am a frequent traveler and in general spend most of my time in Hampton Inns. I have stayed in this hotel before but never been placed in a room on an upper floor that faced the freeway. The noise was so bad it was impossible to sleep. I would avoid the freeway facing rooms at all cost. They are worthless. I almost asked for my money back.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 13, 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at this Hampton Inn during the first week of January 2011 and was quite pleased. Located on Hwy 59 in Humble, the hotel is near several shopping malls and good restaurants. The staff was courteous and always had a smile on their face. The room was clean and had new LCD television. While a continental breakfast is the norm for Hampton Inn’s, this one also had a happy hour serving wine, beer, and light snacks. I have normally only seen this at the higher tier Embassy Suite Hotels in the Hilton family. Other amenities included an indoor pool, a business room with internet access, and restaurant. Checkout was a breeze. It’s an excellent choice for your visit to the Houston area.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 1, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for four nights and was very pleased. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to make my trip enjoyable. The rooms were very clean, quiet, and the mattresses and pillows were oh so comfortable. The front desk even arranged for me to be taken by shuttle to some of the night spots in the area. The breakfast bar featured fresh fruit, hot food, a "do it yourself" waffle iron, and many other choices.

I'd highly recommend a stay if you're traveling to the Humble area. The Deerbrook Mall is close by and the other strip malls in the area make this a shoppers paradise.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed December 1, 2009

We have stayed at dozens of Hampton Inns throughout the country and this was our first stay at this location. We chose the location because it was close to our targeted destination in Humble and after staying we found we chose the right hotel. The parking lot was clean as we approached the hotel. Self service parking was easy and almost at the front door. Check in was excellent as was the room (located on the first floor). The continental breakfast was the usual found at Hampton Inns. The breakfast area was very clean and the hostess kept food out and warm. Check out was fast and accurate. We found this hotel to be well managed and accommodating. Some reviewers have mentioned this as a airport hotel. This hotel is not actually at the airport. It is located on US 59 in the town of Humble which is just a few miles from the Houston Intercontinental Airport. We never once duding the night heard the sound of airplanes.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2009

This hotel was reasonably priced - something I always look for in family travel. The staff was friendly and helpful the whole time we were there. The room was comfortable and quiet (somewhat surprising since it was right on a busy highway). The rooms and public areas were clean and well kept.

Only thing I'd change is to make the two beds a larger size.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 6, 2009

If you temper your expectations by knowing this is an airport hotel, you will not be disappointed. Airport hotels tend to be a little long in the tooth as they evidently get more use than the average hotel and were built back when land close to the airport was still available.

The best feature is that it is really close to the airport. It took me ten minutes at 7:30 am to get to the rental car return. That is really nice!

There is a mall about a block away with lots of dining options both inside and outside the mall. The whole area has an abundance of eateries.

The condition of the hotel is not bad, but it is showing some wear. The mattress sunk about a foot when I sat on it. It looked like it should have been replaced several years ago. The sheets were in poor condition also.

They were having a complimentary happy hour when I arrived. Nice touch and totally unexpected. The breakfast was also very good.

The room was a little noisy. The loudmouths in the next room came in to their room about 11:00 pm and yucked it up until midnight. The sound really travels from room to room.

The room was reasonably clean.

The internet service was blazing fast!

With a modest remodel, this hotel would be excellent.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business