“Great Sleep Inn of Humble, TX”

Sleep Inn & Suites Bush Intercontinental Airport IAH East
Ranked #20 of 35 Hotels in Humble
Largo, Maryland
“Great Sleep Inn of Humble, TX”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

On October 18, 2012, I arrived a day early for a cousin's wedding. I found this Sleep Inn in Humble to be very nice. The decor was very nice and very inviting. The room was clean and comfortable. This hotel is a must stay. The price was right and the hotel was centrally located.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Richwood, Texas
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Hotel was ok . We checked in at 2:30pm dropped off luggage and returned at midnight no problems. We were awakened at 7:45 am with dogs barking continuously for about a 45 minutes straight.we were not aware there is a dog kennel or dog daycare located directly on the side of this hotel. When we checked in we heard no barking and when we entered the room the curtains were closed. We called the front desk and we were extremely upset at the clerks remarks. We were told we didn't have a problem with it the day before and there was nothing they could do about it in a very rude tone . We told him we would call the customer service and his reply was go for it . Never again !

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Justina P
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We booked this hotel and chose the Stay, Park and Fly option. Upon arrival we were greeted by a gentleman working the front desk who was very polite and extremely helpful. We arrived a little early and were able to check-in. The clerk asked about our flight times and gave us all the details concerning breakfast and shuttle times. We were left with no questions.
Hotel was nice and room was clean. The hot breakfast was good and the shuttle service was on time.
Will use this hotel again if flying out of Bush.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Cedar Park, Texas
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Not sure if the same management team that some of the previous reviewers mentioned is still running things, but I had an awesome experience here. I was recognized as an Elite Platinum member immediately, offered an upgrade, and given a few tips on where to go have a drink after a long day of driving. The good thing is that this hotel is about 5 minutes from any chain / local restaurants and super easy to get around.

The rooms were quite spacious, so much so that I think I might switch to using Sleep Inn whenever I travel as opposed to Comfort Suites. To me, you just get more bang for your buck and they tend to be a little nicer. I'll definitely stay here again then next time I'm in town and the price makes it so much better.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I booked this hotel it because of its proximity to the airport, but will chose another hotel next time. The front desk staff were just okay, weren't very receptive to any normal questions about nearby places to eat, etc. The room and bathroom weren't very clean. It seems to be in need of a deep cleaning and facelift. The hairdryer in my room didn't work, the front desk seemed to be aware of this and gave me a portable, not a big deal, but no apology and made me feel like I was bothering them to even bring it up. The price was over $100 after tax and with a AAA discount. It wasn't horrible, but I will be staying somewhere else next time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We booked this hotel as an overnighter between legs of a flight from Great Falls to Honduras. Our booking was made online.

After a long flight to Houston we arrived at the hotel and the clerk's first words to us were "well, the online agencies don't know what our availability is". Pardon? He hadn't even looked at his computer yet! We showed him our confirmation sheet and he did find our reservation.

After this initial "greeting", we got settled in the room and all was fine. The room was certainly comfortable and clean and the beds were comfortable and clean. The shuttle to/from the airport is handled by Rocket, which does park and fly service from across the road from the hotel. The hotel didn't seem busy at all, and seemed to cater mainly to work crews.

There was a decided lack of amenities in the area, which is strange given the number of hotels around. Only three restaurants - Jack in the Box and then across the highway were Sonic Drive-in and Waffle House. Not a big deal for an overnighter, but a little disappointing, and it was more than a little hairy getting across the highway given that the walk lights don't work there.

We asked for a wake up call and did not get it. We also asked at the desk for bedding for the pull-out sofa and did not get it, we had to phone down later and ask for it again.

Given the clerk's reaction to our online booking, we warned him that we would be back on the return leg - hinting for him to have our reservation ready without complaint.

On our return trip, things went a little smoother, although we were then warned when we checked in, not to slam the door. I found this a little off-putting given that we don't generally slam the doors and if the door has an issue, it should be fixed rather than telling guests not to slam it.

Both times we phoned the hotel from the airport to arrange shuttle pick up, we were given incorrect directions on where to find the shuttle. If they don't know, then they should just not say. One time we were directed to cross the street and go to terminal C. When in fact we were in terminal E and had merely to step outside the door we were at.

As well, both times, the clerks at check-out had problems with the computer and difficulty producing and printing our invoice.

I would still say this hotel is good for the convenience, near the airport, but be aware that you are not getting top notch service here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My teen son and I became "distressed passengers" and had to locate a hotel near the Houston Intercontinental Airport in a hurry. They made a reservation for us quickly and sent a courtesy van to pick us up. The hotel is not near much - but for our short stay this was not a problem. There was a gas station with a mini grocery as well as a Jack-In-The-Box nearby. Our room was clean! The beds were comfortable as were the pillows. I requested a shuttle bus return in the morning back to the airport. The front desk called my room in the morning to inform me that the bus was available when I was ready! I will stay at this hotel again in the future when making connections through Houston!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Humble
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush Intl Airport E
Super 8 Intercontinental Houston TX
Holiday Inn Houston NE - Bush Airport Area
Ramada Houston Intercontinental Airport East
Best Western Plus Intercontinental Airport Inn
Houston Airport Marriott at George Bush Intercontinental

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Bush Intercontinental Airport IAH East? Share your experiences!