“rubish ramada”

Ranked #25 of 37 Hotels in Humble
ballooball
“rubish ramada”
Reviewed August 1, 2010

the worst hotel ive stayed in for that price

the room was rotten the bed sheets not changed from the last sucker ,,,,urine still in the toilet ,, left that room to get another , the other couple ( japanese) looked in disbaleve at there room, and left the hotel

Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank ballooball

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed June 18, 2010

My boyfriend and I had the displeasure of staying in this hotel one night when Continental oversold our flight home. In fact, the only reason we stayed here (instead of opting to change to a different hotel) was because Continental was paying the bill. This hotel is in deep need of renovations. We stayed in a second floor room, and as soon as I switched on light a giant roach ran for cover. After using the shower I noticed another large roach crawling on the curtains. After one more ran across the dresser we called the front desk. The responded by moving us two doors down on the same floor which turned out to be a slight improvement with only one visible roach.

I'll never stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AnjeAller
Augusta, Maine
Reviewed February 22, 2010

This hotel was a Quality Inn and is now a Ramada undergoing extensive renovation. They have a white tarp covering the old Quality Inn sign, so finding it is a little bit of a challenge. It's clearly in transition; the phone in my room still had the paper slip and buttons identifying it as a Quality Inn (it also had buttons to links of dubious value, like the link to info from the Houston Post, which has been out of business for over ten years). There is a lot of construction going on in the building, and some of the carpeting has to be temporary. Near my room, for example, was a set of carpeting that must have come from a children's hospital or somewhere similar with numbers, letters, shapes, and words like "vroomvroom" woven into it; it abruptly changed near my room. The room numbering system is a little confusing; the groups of rooms are marked with printed sheets I am sure they will soon replace with something more permanent, and they are not correlated with what floor you are on. Usually a room in the 200s will be on the second floor, but mine was on the first. I also would have preferred that the free breakfast at an airport hotel like this one would start earlier; like many guests there, I had an early flight that prevented me from the breakfast which begins at 6.

All that said, there is a lot to like about this new Ramada. First off, it is one of the closest hotels there is to IAH not on the airport grounds itself. It is closer than some of the remote parking companies, in fact. The staff if helpful, too. I had a burned out light in my room which I mentioned to a maintenance man; it was fixed before I returned from dinner. Everything in the room worked well also., and it was very clean. True, the room carpet seemed kind of a dated style, and there isn't much of a view, but given what I went there for, this wasn't that big of a deal. There also really isn't a neighborhood around there, so there is not much to see on a walk, and if you don't eat in the hotel restaurant, you will probably have to drive at least a mile or two to find a place to eat. There are many places north up the Eastex Freeway to choose from about a ten minute drive away.

The bottom line is that for a room this close to the hotel and this clean, the price was excellent. It isn't perfect but I would not mind staying there again. I had a hard time finding info on this place since the transition and new ownership are so recent, but I think that will change for the better for them in time.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Humble
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush Intl Airport E
Holiday Inn Houston NE - Bush Airport Area
Houston Airport Marriott at George Bush Intercontinental
Sheraton North Houston at George Bush Intercontinental
Days Inn Humble/Houston Intercontinental Airport
Best Western Plus Intercontinental Airport Inn

Been to Ramada Houston Intercontinental Airport East? Share your experiences!