“Houston Intercontinental Airport”

Ranked #18 of 35 Hotels in Humble
Pearland
“Houston Intercontinental Airport”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Great way to stay overnight for early morning flight and park your car for the duration of your trip.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Redmond, Washington
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I stayed here twice in one month as hotel rooms were hard to find during this time. I was a repeat customer out of necessity.

I travel quite a bit and in my experience a room under $100 a bit of a crapshoot, you never are 100% sure what you are going to get. In the case of the Baymont Inn & Suites in Humble, TX, I rolled snake eyes.

The lobby is a bit cramped with the breakfast area right across from the front desk. Both times the front desk was friendly, but weren't particularly engaging. Seemed like they just wanted to get through the transaction and go back to whatever it is they were doing before.

I had stayed in the same first floor room on both of my trips which upon entry both times it was extremely stuffy. There's no temperature control on the wall and you have to turn on the air conditioning/heating unit itself under the window. I'm not sure why someone couldn't have turned it on prior to my arrival as it took 15-20 minutes for the room to cool down.

The room is a decent size, king size bed, but the sink is in the room, and the bathroom is the toilet & tub/shower. I'm not a big fan of this type of layout. The room wasn't dirty, the bedding looked fresh, no dirty bed cover, so far so good. Things go downhill once you start using things and looking closer.

I went to the sink to wash my hands and the whole faucet is completely loose. Did the water still run without flooding the room? Yes, there was water and no leaks, but that really should be secured and not move around. Then I went to turn on the lamp on the wall beside the bed and that too was loose. Didn't fall off the wall, but I would imagine without much effort it could have been pulled right off. Time to plug in my phone to the wall, and by now I'm not surprised, the socket faceplate was loose. It certainly didn't prevent me from charging my phone, but there's no reason why these small maintenance items could not be fixed. And in looking more closely at the walls, there were all kinds of scuffmarks and dings. Put these issues together and in my mind it is clear why this is a $79 a night hotel.

It was a bit of a challenge keeping the temperature constant, so I ended up switching off the heating/cooling unit before I went to bed. The bed is comfortable, no issues with sleeping.

In the morning I went to take a shower and saw another couple of issues that bothered me. First of all, there was mold in the crevices of the marble and the tub. Proper cleaning & maintenance would fix this. Then, I grabbed the soap by the sink, turned the water on, and then discovered there's no place to put the soap! You have to put it directly on the ledge of the tub.

I continued with my morning routine and during my first stay, I ate the breakfast at the Baymont. Since a lot of places do not offer free breakfasts, it seems in poor taste to complain about something that is free, but when compared to other hotels offering free breakfast, it cannot compare. I had the biscuits and gravy and the biscuit was frozen in the middle. I ended up eating at the Waffle House right across the parking lot and did so on my 2nd trip as well.

The old adage "you get what you pay for" applies to this hotel. For me I would rather pay a little more and get a higher level of quality than pay a little less and get this place.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Marthaville
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The room was great but there was a spot in the room where it looked like black mold. The rep said it was just paint. There was also a piece of paper holding the cabinet shut to the fridge. Overall great stay but the mold part it's scary.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Travelers also viewed these Humble hotels
Ramada Houston Intercontinental Airport East
Super 8 Intercontinental Houston TX
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush Intl Airport E
Best Western Plus Intercontinental Airport Inn
Sleep Inn & Suites Bush Intercontinental Airport IAH East
Holiday Inn Houston NE - Bush Airport Area

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Baymont Inn & Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport

Property: Baymont Inn & Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport
Address: 18032 McKay Dr, Humble, TX 77338-5500
Location: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > Humble
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #18 of 35 Hotels in Humble
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Baymont Inn & Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport 2.5*
The Baymont Inn and Suites-Intercontinental Airport/Humble is located off Hwy 59 just 1 mile East of the Airport providing Free Airport Shuttle Service. At the Baymont Inn & Suites start every day with a Free USA Today Newspaper and enjoy our Complimentary full hot breakfast. In your room, work on your spacious desk with Wired and Wireless Free High Speed Internet Access or relax watching your 32 inch Flat Panel TV. For your well being a Fitness Center is provided, with Multi Stack Weight Machine and Cardio Equipment. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.