“Recent Stay”

Ranked #76 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Gulfport, Mississippi
“Recent Stay”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I recently stayed here on business for three and a half weeks and had a great experience. I was especially impressed by both the hotel and the restaurant staff who were more than helpful and attentive to all my needs and requests. The staff is friendly and efficient and this for the entire time I stayed there. I want to especially thank Blanca and Shay for making my stay a memorable experience; they are both exceptional emlployees. I told them before I left that whatever the Hilton pays them its not enough. Well done and and a sincere thanks!

3 Thank Jerry A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
corpus christy tx, United States
Reviewed September 25, 2013

very pleasant place too stay with a warm welcome and a top noch staff,resturante had very good food and atmosphere was very nice upon arrival and departure i was geeeted with professionalism and curtisory.shuttle service was prompt and driver was knowledgeable taking us too and from our destinations great place to stay

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Reviewed September 20, 2013

The staff was amazing. They were very friendly. The room were very clean however our shower head was a little broke but it wasn't a big deal. The food was excellent, especially the breakfast. I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed September 2013
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 18, 2013

The food is very good, and they have an excellent Scotch selection. Best of all, was the premier service I received from Lydia Martinez. She was truly a delight and I'd be glad to go back again just so that I could leave her another tip.

Room Tip: Avoid handicap accessible room... unless, of course, you are handicapped.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
jpaduano, Director of Sales at Hilton Houston North, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Xander B,

We will certainly let Lydia know about your kind comment about the service she provided you. We share all of our Tripadisor reviews, good or not so good, with our team. With the good ones we celebrate and with the not so good, we learn how to improve.

I know that our Food & Beverage Director will be happy to learn that you enjoyed our Scotch selection. Both of us are both Scotch fans.

Thank you so much for taking the time to let give us your feedback.
Saint Louis, United States
Reviewed September 17, 2013

From the minute I walked into the glorious lobby to the moment I laid my head on the fabulous pillows, I felt happy, pampered, well-fed and just plain comfortable. The room and bath were clean and well-equipped and in the heat of September in Houston, the air-conditioning was a working blessing. A great job is done by all.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

tucson
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here twice once in July and again in August. Both times I have had the utmost quality customer service. The bell men staff, front desk staff and cleaning crew are extremely hospitable and engaging. There are several who stick out in my mind, however I can't remember there names. However if management reads this just know I arrived 8/29/13 at 5-6pm and whoever was working that day as well as 8/30/13 I would highly recommend them for a kudos for givingAMAZING customer service.the grounds are beautiful and so is the staff! Nice work!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Dear crussell02,

I first want to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Thanks too for giving us the specific dates and times of your stays. This really does help us isolate who was working those dates & times in the areas you mentioned. We share all of our Tripadvisor surveys with our team members. So they will be happy you mentioned them.

Again, thanks for your kind comments about our hotel!
Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I have been staying at this property for the last twenty years; and along with the surroundings ( Perimeter Mall, Opp to the Hotel), the Hotel is really loosing its Charm. First the location is really scary, as informed by Hotel front desk, not safe to go out alone after 5 PM.
The Rooms hav'nt improved, where as even smaller branded ones are changing and improving for betterment. There is nothing new in the room.
Even complimentary Mineral Water Bottles, used to be there ( 2 Nos) in room earlier, are not kept these days..
Choice of food after 7 PM is very limited.
Only thing good in the Hotel is the very Big spacious lobby / lounge and reception area, its really huge and very nice. I always enjoy an early morning walk there.
The Hotel Staff is very polite and friendly, I think some of them are there for a long time and very very friendly/polite and very humble.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
jpaduano, Director of Sales at Hilton Houston North, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Tchatterji,

Firstly, thank you so much for your continued loyalty to our hotel over the past 20 years. We certainly value long term customers like yourself.

I wanted to address some of your concerns about the hotel and the area. I know that mall across the street is tired and in need of some serious updating. It is the last piece of the old Greenspoint area that needs improving.

I'm not sure what exactly the Guest Service agent told you about the area. I would love to hear from you more in depth either here in person on your next visit or by email at jerry.paduano@interstatehotels.com. We do advise our guests that Houston is a big city and like any big city, there is crime. Guests should stay alert and be aware of their surroundings. Especially at night time.

Although the area did go through some tough times 18 - 20 years ago, today's Greenspoint is no safer or more dangerous than any other area of Houston. I can show you the crime stats if you like.

I would also like to find out more about your comments of getting more new things in our rooms. It didn't sound like you were referring to room renovations but more toward room amenities. I'd be happy to hear your thoughts.

Thanks too for your kind comments about our staff. Yes, we do have some team members
who have been here since we opened 30 years ago.