You should read all of this!! I have earned over 5 million HiltonHonors points as a Diamond member over the last 12 years. This is the first thime that I have commented on TripAdvisor about a single property. I felt motivated to comment about the great stay and friendliness that I have experienced over the last 4 nights that I spent at the this Hilton property. I have been to Houston several times on business and usually stay downtown. I was attending a convention downtown and decided to stay closer to the airport to save money. I could not have been more pleased with my stay!
Rather than go on and on about all the particulars....let me point out a few areas that truly impressed me:
They picked me up from IAH airport with a free shuttle (unusual as this is not a typical "airport hotel"
Friendly, fast check in and clean, spacious room on arrival.
Open, bright atrium in the lobby.
Good variety of free appetizers and Honor Bar reasonably priced in the Executive Lounge on the 16 floor with a great view of the Skyscrapers in Houston.
Accomodated me with a shuttle to the local AVIS rental car location the next morning saving me over $150 on a rental car versus renting at the airport.
The staff at VINO Bar and Restaurant- Ceslo and Virginia went out of their way to be social with personal conversation, taking care of special drink requests and recommending excellent wine choice and food. I highly recommend the Black and Bleu Salad topped with a perfectly prepared Rare Flat Iron Steak.
Room was cleaned properly everyday with inviting ammenities and had a powerful, hot shower (very important to me).
Recognized me by name each day of my stay and remembered my drink order perfectly.
Free parking at the hotel and security roaming the parking lot on a regular basis.
On Saturday night, there was a High School Prom going on at the hotel but they did a wonderful job of taking care of guests despite the crowd. Still felt like a specially treated guest as there were chaperones at the elevator bank making sure the high school students did not travel up the elavators to the room areas.
You could say that I am a "jaded" traveler as I have stayed in Hiltons all over the US and Europe. This Hilton property exceeded my expectations and ranked in my opinion as one of the few that I would call "EXCEPTIONAL"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Less than 25 minutes from downtown Houston and the George R. Brown Convention Center, the Hilton Houston North offers the perfect location - less than 8 miles from George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH), in the heart of the Greenspoint business district. Our north Houston hotel is close to major corporate offices such as Halliburton, GE Oil & Gas, ExxonMobil and ABS. All 480 guest rooms and suites feature the largest rooms in the IAH area - 400 sq ft! All rooms are connected to high-speed internet access and have 37" LCD televisions. Keep up with work at the flexible work desk with Herman Miller ergonomic chairs. Refrigerators available upon request. Full service Starbucks in the lobby gets you started in the morning. Over 25 restaurants with in walking distance and our local shuttle can take you to even more! Great shopping & entertainment at the Woodlands Mall, Market Street and Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion all located in the Woodlands. Old Towne Spring offers great shopping and restaurants. Splash on down to Splashtown Water Park just 5 mi north of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Houston North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Houston North Hotel Houston
- Hilton Hotel Houston North
- Wyndham Houston
- Houston Hilton