“Hilton is the best in Houston”

Hilton Houston North
Ranked #94 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Amazing stay - staff went overboard to make this a wonderful time. I have never been treated this way by any other hotel. The staff was always very friendly and helpful at all times, Free shuttle from the airport which really helped in our situation. Our daughter stayed there for business for 5 weeks and was very well taken care of the entire time.

This hotel could not have done any better and should be acknowledged for their hard work.

Room Tip: Our room was great!! Quite and comfy
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
jpaduano, Director of Sales at Hilton Houston North, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Dear Debbie F,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel. I share all reviews with our team and they especially like hearing that they were successful in exceeding a guest's expectations! Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to share your experience with us and other Tripadvisor travelers.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,177)

Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on an unplanned overnight from a canceled flight.

Airport shuttle was on time and a great benefit. Arrived at the hotel and due to my Hilton Diamond status, I was upgraded to a larger room on the executive floor. The Exec Lounge was well appointed and had an amazing selection of hot and cold appetizers--more than enough for a meal. Staff was super friendly and made me feel warm and welcomed.

Rooms are all suites, and mine was well decorated, had a nice flat-panel TV and a good-sized bathroom. Bed was a typical (in a good way) Hilton bed, and I slept like a baby!

It's a bit far from the airport, surely there are closer hotels, but with the shuttle, why would you stay anywhere else unless the extra 12 minutes are a big deal to you. Loved it and hope to be back next time I'm in Houston!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed March 2, 2013

This hotel is way past the standards one should expect from a Hilton aimed primarily at Business travellers. The rooms are fairly large but, they are by no means modern. Don't misunderstand me, they are ok. The deal breaker is the internet access. Just the fact that they charge $11 per unit per day is horrendous, the fact that they don't pay for enough bandwidth rendering it essentially useless is unacceptable in 2013. I had to stay here for two weeks and ended up buying a dongle internet... The laundry is also quite slow. Delivered on monday, back by wednesdays. It's also lacing in the isolation between the rooms department. I had two rooms and on both I could hear _everything_ my neighbour(s) did.....

BUT If you're only staying for a night on a IAH layover I guess it's ok!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank henrikr529
jpaduano, Director of Sales at Hilton Houston North, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear Henrickr529,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give your feedback on our hotel. I am glad we exceeded your anticipated Hilton standards.

I wanted to address your internet concerns. Like all the major full service brands, we do charge for internet coverage. If you travel a lot, Hilton offers our Gold & Diamond HHonors members free internet.

On our internet speed, we are currently at 80 Mbps which i believe is a pretty good speed. One problem our guests have sometimes is that because we are so close to other high rise buildings, guests get the wrong signal. This also causes the signal to be dropped. If you come back, make sure you sign on to our hotel's AT&T broadband.

Lastly I wanted to apologize for the slowness of the laundry. We do have same day service, in by 9am, back by 7pm. I'm not sure why yours took two days to get back to you and I am sorry about that.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is an upscale hotel and I had an opportunity to stay at this hotel for business. The room is spacious and standard for an upscale hotel. However. Everything you need to keep yourself to do your business is extra cost on top of the high price for the room. The bed was not comfortable since it is on the soft side and actually hurt my back in the morning. Internet access is $11/ day extra and you get connection at 11 bps.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank utthon
jpaduano, Director of Sales at Hilton Houston North, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear Hoang P,

Thank you very much for taking the time to fill out a review on Tripadvisor.

We are so sorry that our hotel did not have the harder type of bed that you like.

With the room costs, yes we are more expensive than the limited service hotels. I just went on line and our hotel had the 2nd lowest published price of any of the 6 full service hotels in the Airport/Greenspoint area.

On the internet charge, the vast majority of full service hotel brands do charge for internet. One hint to give you is that if travel a lot, you can get free internet by becoming an HHonors member with Hilton and achieving gold or diamond status.

Once again, we are sorry we did not fulfill all of your expectations on your recent stay with us.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stayed at the Hilton Houston for the night before our cruise on Feb 16, 2013. Airport shuttle was prompt and super convenient. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Lobby and public areas were beautiful but our room was a bit dated and needed some TLC. Very clean, nice set up, comfy bed but had chipped ceramic in the tub, torn shower curtain in the bathroom, gouges in the wall. Also, hallway noise was very pronounced, felt like people were walking into our room as they would walk by. Enjoyed a couple of drinks in the lobby lounge at night and had a great breakfast at the restaurant before we checked out. Overall, a nice hotel - would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night for business. I had a lot of work to do while here and the staff was able to assist me more than I thought possible.

I had a bunch of documents to print, sign, and fax during my stay. I was dismayed upon check in that the printer in the business center was low on ink. I figured I would have some dinner and try again in the morning. The next morning, it was the same story. When I complained to the front desk, the manager gave me his card and told me to email the documents to him and he would print them on his printer. This went on several times, printing/signing/faxing documents. The manager did this multiple times for me without complaint. I was very impressed with his professionalism and understanding.

The dinner was overpriced for the quality of the food in the Vino Restaurant, but breakfast in the hotel was excellent. I don't recommend Vino's. The night I was there is was crowded and loud and not worth the money. Breakfast in the hotel lobby was reasonable. I did not choose the buffet and instead, ordered off the menu. My breakfast was outstanding, no complaints.

The rooms are your standard Hilton rooms. Very comfortable. The internet is free for Hilton Honors members, but it's nothing to write home about. I was able to stream Netflix, but just barely. If you're not a Hilton Honor's member, I wouldn't pay the $10 for it...

The staff really make the difference at this hotel. Every employee I ran into was polite and courteous. This is a good hotel, but the staff make it exceptional.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Jason K,

Thank you so much for your glowing review on our hotel. We really appreciate your letting Tripadvisor and other travelors know about your experience at our hotel.

I will certainly pass on your kind word about the Front Office Manager's assistance in getting your printing and copies completed.

I do apologize for the loudness and crowded conditions in Vino. Being a fairly large hotel, we do have large group conventions in and they can get very busy in there.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to jot down your comments on our hotel.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton North for two nights 1st and 2nd February 2013 and again for one night on 10th February 2013. The welcome we got was friendly and warming and the staff showed that they really appreciated us staying them. All the staff were the same during our whole time.
The food in the Cafe and the Vino Restauarant was outstanding with fabulous steaks and out of this world service.
The rooms were spacious with comfortable beds and also very quiet.
Our bonus was to make use of the Hilton Honors Executive Lounge where we enjoyed an excellent Continental Breakfast which included nice cold cuts served by a true Hilton Ambassador lady called Gail who went out of her way to make you feel welcome.
Hilton North your team are fantastic. Will be back soon

Room Tip: Ask for a room above tenth floor which are much brighter
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brian F
jpaduano, Director of Sales at Hilton Houston North, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear Brian F,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel. I have already passed along your kind remarks about our Guest Service, Vino and Cafe team members.

Hope to see you again soon!