Prior to my stay, I had emailed the Hilton Houston North rep who generally responds to the comments on this thread with some general questions. Over two weeks later, I still had not received a response and phoned the hotel.
Since we were checking in on January 1, I wanted to know if the Exec Lounge and/or the restaurant would be open, I also had questions about the hotel shuttle to/from the airport. A Front Desk rep picked up the call and put me on hold for over 10 minutes when I finally hung up. The next day I called again. The rep was less than pleasant and sounded annoyed with my questions. And so, my expectations for this hotel were low.
Upon arrival at IAH, I called the hotel again. This time, the Front Desk rep gave me precise instructions on where to catch the shuttle and when to expect it. At check-in, the same rep (Matt) was cheerful and friendly. I had booked a suite and jokingly mentioned that the Presidential Suite would be nice. Matt checked and told me that it was mine.
Matt told us the Exec Lounge was open, but unfortunately, it wasn't. He then gave us one coupon per person for a free appetizer at Vino. We were planning on having dinner anyway, so the coupons came in handy. In addition to the appetizers, we also ordered some entrees. The salt and pepper shrimp salad was my favorite, along with the seared tuna appetizer.
The next morning we tried to enter the Exec Lounge for breakfast and again it was closed. The Front Desk gave us each a breakfast coupon, and we ended up with a substantially more hearty breakfast than what we would have had in the Lounge.
Since we were expecting a quick breakfast in the Lounge, we were running late when we got to the restaurant. The breakfast server gave us some carry-out containers so that we could eat on the shuttle to the airport.
The shuttle service was prompt and efficient. If I were to ever transit through IAH again, I will be back at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Less than 25 minutes from downtown Houston and the George R. Brown Convention Center, the Hilton Houston North offers the perfect location - less than 8 miles from George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH), in the heart of the Greenspoint business district. Our north Houston hotel is close to major corporate offices such as Halliburton, GE Oil & Gas, ExxonMobil and ABS. All 480 guest rooms and suites feature the largest rooms in the IAH area - 400 sq ft! All rooms are connected to high-speed internet access and have 37" LCD televisions. Keep up with work at the flexible work desk with Herman Miller ergonomic chairs. Refrigerators available upon request. Full service Starbucks in the lobby gets you started in the morning. Over 25 restaurants with in walking distance and our local shuttle can take you to even more! Great shopping & entertainment at the Woodlands Mall, Market Street and Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion all located in the Woodlands. Old Towne Spring offers great shopping and restaurants. Splash on down to Splashtown Water Park just 5 mi north of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Houston North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Houston North Hotel Houston
- Hilton Hotel Houston North
- Wyndham Houston
- Houston Hilton