“Oasis in the middle of the desert”

Hilton Houston North
Ranked #94 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed September 22, 2012

It is not just a hotel, it is a resort in the middle of the desert! I was starving when I arrived and I was able to find perfect food for my diet at the restaurant. My overall experience was outstanding: Very kind staff, super healthy breakfast options, super clean rooms, super comfortable beds, super clean bathrooms. What else would you want?

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,177)

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Recently stayed here while we were in town awaiting a flight home from going to see the gators play texas a&m. The hotel def impressed me, very nice room, comfortable beds, amazing staff and a very very good restaurant! All I could ask for in a hotel!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Great clean hotel, that has complimentary parking, and has 2 bed handicapped rooms with roll in showesr, which is not easy to find in other hotels. We stayed there numerous times and will return next time we will go to Houston.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BartonW55711
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Fantastic stay with attentive staff. The manager is very accomodating and thoughtful. The facilities are very clean and welcoming.

I would recommend this hotel to everyonr I know when they are visiting Houston, TX.

Thanks:

Ken

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton for business, and there was a problem with the booking. While it was worked out, the front desk staff went out of their way to talk to us and make us feel welcome. The room was comfortable and clean, everything in excellent working order. I was able to have the breakfast buffet in the morning, and the food was very good, stayed almost 2 hours just drinking the coffee and talking to coworkers, never felt pressured to leave.

Excellent choice if you are in the north Houston area!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 11, 2012

This is a large Hilton Hotel that seems to be searching for an identity. Is it supposed to be an airport hotel, accidentally placed just a little too far from Houston International Airport? Is it a business hotel, plunked somewhere in the outskirts of Houston near a mediocre shopping mall? Is it a conference hotel, with its vast (very empty!) open spaces? Whatever the plan was, it is totally unclear to the guest and leaves you wondering why this monolithic place is here with little else around. For me, it was on an international layover with 8 hours to spend the night and (thankfully) get on my way the next morning.

They offer free shuttle service to and from "IAH" airport, which is nice, but buckle in for the ride! By 15 minutes in, I began to wonder if we were going to Conroe, TX to watch a rodeo. This "airport hotel" isn't really that near the airport. You pass about 20 hotels along the way, so if you've got a short stay, don't waste your time taking the shuttle all over North Houston.

Upon entering the hotel, the lobby is like some 1988 shopping mall with green painted beams soaring over wide open spaces and little carts selling products. I seriously thought I'd see the "Glamour Shots" portrait studio right there! The front desk staff was friendly enough, but in a very antiseptic way. I was not recognized as a Diamond member, nor did they seem to care about anyone standing in line along with about 40 crew members of American Airlines; obviously this is one of their official hotels!

The rooms are clean and comfortable enough, although the air conditioning is as loud as a jet engine. (Maybe that makes you feel closer to the airport??!) They have all the standard Hilton items, including the Peter Thomas Roth bath products, which I actually do like.

The restaurant and bar are so standard you feel like you've been taken advantage of once you get the bill, because the prices are not standard. They also have strict hours on everything, so even though it's a wanna-be airport hotel, if you arrive on a late flight, there is no room service, no restaurant, no bar and (ahem,,,!!) not even a mini-bar in the room.

On a good note, the shuttle does run twice an hour like clockwork, (because it takes that long to get to the airport and get back!), the beds are very clean and comfy, and there always seems to be a lot of hot water. On this stay, I couldn't get the shower to cool down, the water was still nearly scalding hot, even when the handle was on COLD.

So if you are looking for a quick overnight stay like me, you're probably fine. However, I think there are several other hotels that are equally as nice, nearer to the airport and even a little less expensive. I wouldn't drive there again, even though the American Airlines attendants were quite a laugh on the bus...

Room Tip: If you can get a room on the top floor (16), some of the rooms have vaulted ceilings. That made min...
Reviewed September 9, 2012

This is a great hotel. The lobby is just like the old time Hilton so open and elegant. The room was great. The beds were great so comfy. TV is okay not alot of channels but enough. I am a diamond member so the lounge was very nice for breakfast and dinner however I wish for breakfast they would have some hot items. Now for the problem, I was traveling for business and got lost going to the hotel. I was driving for over an hour and I was alone it was getting dark and I got very scared. I called the hotel for help and a man came on the phone. I explained what was going on and I was very scared,please help me. He said I was going in the right direction and was only about 3 miles away. I asked him to please stay on the phone with me until I could see the hotel and he told me NO...........I have other customers and hung up on me. I couldnt understand how this happened. I am sure if he had explained this to the customers they would have understood and he could have stayed on the phone with me for 5 more minutes. When I got to the hotel the front desk was wonderful. I was shaking...........They offered me a drink and whatever I wanted. At that point I wanted nothing but to get to my room. They called my room about 5 minutes after I got into it and offered to buy me dinner. I thanked them but was not in the mood to eat and needed to calm myself down. The man who hung up on me called to say sorry, but that just didnt cut it with me. Had this been his mother, sister etc how would he have felt having the same thing happen to them. I will keep coming back to this hotel because of the front desk and how nice they were to me when I got there. I really hope they put something in place to keep this from anyone else having to go through this. As a woman traveling alone I count on the hotel for help, not to be hung up on.

Room Tip: Make sure you know where you are going so you do not get lost and hung up on.