This is a great hotel. The lobby is just like the old time Hilton so open and elegant. The room was great. The beds were great so comfy. TV is okay not alot of channels but enough. I am a diamond member so the lounge was very nice for breakfast and dinner however I wish for breakfast they would have some hot items. Now for the problem, I was traveling for business and got lost going to the hotel. I was driving for over an hour and I was alone it was getting dark and I got very scared. I called the hotel for help and a man came on the phone. I explained what was going on and I was very scared,please help me. He said I was going in the right direction and was only about 3 miles away. I asked him to please stay on the phone with me until I could see the hotel and he told me NO...........I have other customers and hung up on me. I couldnt understand how this happened. I am sure if he had explained this to the customers they would have understood and he could have stayed on the phone with me for 5 more minutes. When I got to the hotel the front desk was wonderful. I was shaking...........They offered me a drink and whatever I wanted. At that point I wanted nothing but to get to my room. They called my room about 5 minutes after I got into it and offered to buy me dinner. I thanked them but was not in the mood to eat and needed to calm myself down. The man who hung up on me called to say sorry, but that just didnt cut it with me. Had this been his mother, sister etc how would he have felt having the same thing happen to them. I will keep coming back to this hotel because of the front desk and how nice they were to me when I got there. I really hope they put something in place to keep this from anyone else having to go through this. As a woman traveling alone I count on the hotel for help, not to be hung up on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Less than 25 minutes from downtown Houston and the George R. Brown Convention Center, the Hilton Houston North offers the perfect location - less than 8 miles from George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH), in the heart of the Greenspoint business district. Our north Houston hotel is close to major corporate offices such as Halliburton, GE Oil & Gas, ExxonMobil and ABS. All 480 guest rooms and suites feature the largest rooms in the IAH area - 400 sq ft! All rooms are connected to high-speed internet access and have 37" LCD televisions. Keep up with work at the flexible work desk with Herman Miller ergonomic chairs. Refrigerators available upon request. Full service Starbucks in the lobby gets you started in the morning. Over 25 restaurants with in walking distance and our local shuttle can take you to even more! Great shopping & entertainment at the Woodlands Mall, Market Street and Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion all located in the Woodlands. Old Towne Spring offers great shopping and restaurants. Splash on down to Splashtown Water Park just 5 mi north of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Houston North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Houston North Hotel Houston
- Hilton Hotel Houston North
- Wyndham Houston
- Houston Hilton