“Short trip through Houston”

Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria
Ranked #128 of 511 Hotels in Houston
Valparaiso, Florida
“Short trip through Houston”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I was driving through Texas and needed a place to stay and was glad to find this hotel with free parking. Overall, it's not the fanciest Westin I've stayed in, but the room was quite comfortable. I did find the tiny balcony to be somewhat amusing; however, I stepped out there and was able to get some nice nighttime photos from my 15th floor room. I booked a rate that included breakfast, and I loved that room service was an option since that is a luxury to which I don't normally treat myself. Since I didn't have to be anywhere at a specific time in the morning I was able to go for a run in the area and then enjoy a nice room service breakfast. I'd definitely book this hotel again if driving through but might opt to stay downtown if I was actually visiting Houston itself.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Jennifer R, Guest Relations Supervisor at Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear Matthew P,

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your short trip through Houston! Your night time photos and of the rooms and Galleria skyline turned out very nice and we appreciate you having uploaded them! We hope you will allow us the privilege to continue hosting you during any future travels through Houston.

Be well,
Jennifer Rincon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Turkish first
Fort Worth
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We visited Houston for the first time and stayed at the best place ever. The Galleria was fun shopping, great restaurants and close to the freeway. We visited NASA and Galveston and the location of hotel near freeway made for easy access.
Fun place to stay and bring the kids! Mine loved it!

• Stayed July 2014
Jennifer R, Guest Relations Supervisor at Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Dear 4Andersons,

We are thrilled that you and your family enjoyed your first visit to Houston! It was our pleasure to host you and hope to continue assisting in providing you and your family with memorable family vacations.

Best wishes,
Aberdeen, North Carolina
Reviewed August 3, 2014

The staff was very courteous and made me feel comfortable during my stay. I liked the option of choosing whether to have maid service or get extra points. The bed truly was heavenly! There was a small balcony off my room with a view of the pool area. There was a nice outdoor pool but no hot tub. I suppose the heat may have been the reason for the lack of a hot tub. The room was quite large, as was the bath. The showerhead was very nice too. Two negatives, in my opinion, were the charge for in room WiFi and the lack of onsite self-seve laundry facilities. Given the cost of the room, I was surprised to find a $10 per day charge for WiFi. As to the laundry, it was a huge inconvenience for me because I have to use special detergent. Therefore, I could not use the laundry service offered by the hotel. I had to locate a laundromat to wash my clothes since I stayed 10 days. Overall, however, my stay was quite nice and I would stay there again if I return to Houston.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor and a good view. A view of the pool is nice and the upper floors also ave bet...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Displazz,

We appreciate your comments about your recent trip to the Westin Oaks. We are thrilled that you were able to enjoy the Heavenly amenities such as the bedding and shower head. We regret that the cost of wifi and lack of laundry facilities caused a disruption in your stay. You may be interested to know that we do provide free wifi in our lobbies and offer dry cleaning services for a fee. We hope to be able to continue hosting you during any future trips to Houston.

Be well,
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Stayed the night here on a weekend visit to houston. Wife shopped at the galleria and I played golf. The hotel is part of the galleria. First off, they have really cool smart elevators. The lobby is hip, inviting and quiet away from the hustle and bustle of the mall and Cheesecake Factory next door. the rooms are very clean and nice. You can tell it's an older hotel, but it's more of a nostalgic feeling with a clean nice new feel to it. The beds were amazing and I slept great. The shower heads were really cool. I know that sounds weird but when you stay at a few hotels it's the small things that matter. I would definitely stay here again, especially to be steps away from the mall and convenient parking steps from the lobby ( they also have valet parking) . I also forgot a few things in the room and they sent it to me at my house. We also were helped by Caitlin at the front desk on a few print outs for concert tickets. She was very helpful and courteous! Made our day!!!
We order room service and the food was good and fast. (Try the macaroni and cheese)
Great hotel! Great getaway.

Stayed August 2014
Dear Mruizinla,

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed an invigorating and refreshing stay at the Westin Oaks. It is our pleasure to provide personalized service and are grateful for your kind words about Caitlin. We hope to continue providing you with our heavenly amenities during any future travels to the Houston Galleria area.

Warm Regards,

Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 23, 2014

My boyfriend and I were in town for a planned visit to MD Anderson Cancer Center. Since this can sometimes be a very nerve-wracking experience for me, I decided to try and make it fun by turning it into a date night. Angelica in guest services made our stay so special! When I called to see if I could make sure that we got a king bed, I mentioned briefly the visit to MD Anderson and my desire to try to turn the night into a date. She made sure we got the king room. She also had a small plate of healthy snacks delivered to our room accompanied by a sweet, hand-written note wishing us a great date night! This meant a lot to me, especially since I am a graduate student with student loans and, now, medical debt. I would normally never be able to pay for these types of upgrades. Angelica helped turn a somewhat distressing visit to Houston into something very special. She has made very loyal customers of us! Thank you, Westin and thank you Angelica. --Andi

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andi G
Kalyn W, Guest Relations Coordinator at Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Andi G,

We appreciate your 5-star review of the Westin Oaks! Thank you for your kind words in regards to our staff. It thrills us to hear that we were able to provide you with a memorable experience by displaying personalize instinctive service. We strive in creating a relaxing and rejuvenating atmosphere to unwind and we are elated that we could provide this for you and your boyfriend. We look forward in hosting you again and invite you back with a warm welcome.
Be Well
Kalyn Wilson
Guest Relations Coordinator
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

It wasn't quite the level I had expected for a Westin, but over all nice.
It's missing snacks, TV channel guide, the bath was not the lux feel that I've come to expect from a Westin. One more thing some form of art or color in the halls would add a lot in my opinion.
It was clean, and the view was nice. The value was good.
We enjoyed our three night stay.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Kathiang,

Thank you for taking the time in providing us with your candor. We appreciate all guest feedback as it allows us the opportunity to improve. We are glad that over all your stay was satisfying and you enjoyed our relaxing and tranquil rooms. We do provide a menu for our refreshment centers so you can customize you snacks to your liking, which can be ordered through Service Express. We regret that this was not communicated to you. It is disappointing that your expectations were not met with our heavenly bath and apologized that this caused a disruption in your stay. We value your comment as well as your time spent with us. We hope to continue to host you in your future trips to the Houston Galleria area.
Be Great,
Kalyn Wilson
Kilgore
Reviewed July 19, 2014

I reserved this hotel through Hotwire and I got a good deal. $109.00 for the night. My check in was painless and the room was great with a nice view and being attached to the Galleria was a perk. I do have 2 gripes though. 1st is internet access. For some reason the Westin's want to charge you for their internet and it's not that great either. $9.95 for 24 hrs at 512kb down. I thought I would be able to use my phone for internet but I am thinking they have cell jammers installed. I always have great reception in the big cities with AT&T but not in this hotel. 2nd is the parking. I figured you park in the parking lot that is in front of the building but not here. The parking lot out front is the "express parking", whatever that is. It is however a money making operation for the mall. They charged me $6 to get out and I was only in there for 15 minutes. For the free parking you have to park in the blue garage which is underneath the parking lot. Not a pleasant area. I felt like I needed to be sanitized walking out of there.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family