“Good because it's connected to the mall”

Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria
Ranked #141 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I had a business meeting at the Galleria area and stayed in this hotel. It's was my first time in this hotel, I had stayed before at the Westin Galleria and at the JW Marriott which are in the same general area so I had the possibility of establishing a quick benchmark. Check in was quick, I got my room in the 7th floor, next to the elevators, which to my surprise are absolutely silent. The room was clean, quiet, I would even say big. The safe deposit box was ruined, somebody never got to finish the maintenance routine. Elevators are a bit confusing, you punch the button of the floor you want to go outside the elevator, a screen then tells you which elevator is yours (A, B, C or D) and when it opens you hop in but inside there are no numbers to punch. I guess this inverted logic must be hard on some people. Well I slept ok, the bed being comfortable, the bath, shower, ok. They have a nice gym, it's got enough Life Fitness treadmills, bicycles and elyptical trainers. Breakfast was an issue, I mean the food is ok, but the service is sooo slow it hurts. Really, you should better walk out into the mall and get your chow somewhere else. The bar is good and the service there is so much quicker. Would I stay there again? I probably would.

Room Tip: Elevators are silent so don't worry about getting a room next to them
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Homero M

Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

The Westin is a somewhat dated hotel but the rooms are spacious and clean. The bed and shower are comfortable. The hotel us connected to the shopping mall so there is plenty to do but the area is full of traffic. Breakfast is ok but expensive but the bar is nice. Internet works fine. Ok hotel for a few nights

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DdeKerf
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We have stayed at both Westin Hotels at the Galleria mall over the past 25 years and they are our favorite places to stay in Houston - bar none! The location is great and the beds are better. I have purchased 4 heavenly beds from Nordstrom because of my stay at the Westins in Houston!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LuBeast
Jennifer R, Guest Relations Coordinator at Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2013

Dear LuBeast,
We are honored to have been able to host you throughout the years! We appreciate your kind words and hope to continue this tradition during all your future trips to the Houston Galleria area! We are thrilled that you were able to take home a bit of the heavenly amenities and look forward to seeing you again!

Be well,
Jennifer Rincon

Reviewed November 10, 2013

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay at the Westin Oaks. We were in town for The Battle of the Piney Woods football game. Our room was large and the decor was up to date. I enjoyed the view from the large sliding window that opened onto a small balcony. The bed was very comfortable. Traffic around the hotel/mall area is constantly busy, but that's not the hotel's fault. We liked having direct access to the mall via the hotel's elevator. Many restaurants in the area can be easily reached by walking.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 894macj
Reviewed November 9, 2013

This is a good solid Westin. If you can get a good rate, stay here. The gov't discount is aggressive, when available. If you want to shop at Galleria Mall, this is the hotel to stay at. You go to the bottom floor, and walk directly into the mall. There is a ton of traffic around this destination because of the mall, so stay somewhere else if you are not shopping. The staff is friendly, they have a good bar, but closes early, and a good gym. There is an outdoor pool, but it could use some work. The bathrooms are newer, but the could be updated. The rooms off the front, on higher floors have a nice view. They offer free parking underground, so don't pay for valet. Parking can be tough, by try the lower levels. All and all a good stay, at a good hotel. Oh, don't eat breakfast there, it is highway robbery. Breakfast for 4 was $105! Go to Tommy's Grill down the street, across from the Post Oak Hilton. You get a great breakfast for less than $10.

Room Tip: Do not eat breakfast here, it is SUPER pricey!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DCHOTELGUY01
Reviewed November 6, 2013

My overall experience was ok, the rooms are old and careless but clean. In my opinion it was too expensive for what they offer, the only god thing is that its right there on the Galleria Mall, so you dont have to move to go shopping. The only problem I had with this hotel was that at the time to check out, it took about an hour and a half to get it done! And even after that, they still messed it up! We checked in with my credit card and at the end my boyfriend payed with his, so they charched both credit cards for our stay, and it was very troubling to get things right. Their staff were very nice and took care of things, dont get me wrong, but in a very slow way, they made me waste a lot of time. Other than that they had a good attitude towards the issue. That was my first time shopping in Houston, so it was ok. Whenever I go shopping I like to stay as close as I can to the mall, so this Hotel is a good choice if you dont mind spending more money than you should for the kind of rooms they have.

Room Tip: The only tip I have for this hotel is that when you are booking it, make sure it has the internet al...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Houston is such an elegant exciting city and the Westin Oaks in the Galleria mirrors this thrilling luxurious city. The staff is friendly and my room was huge! If the real estate motto "Location, location, location" is true, this hotel has one of the best locations in Houston. Located in the city's posh SW part of town, in the Galleria, where there are wonderful shops and restaurants of every type, no one would ever be disappointed. Only complaint, internet in the room is $10/day, which is tacky. Other than that, it was copacetic.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends