“Review of Westin Oaks, Houston, TX”

Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria
Ranked #129 of 508 Hotels in Houston
Ballinger, Texas
“Review of Westin Oaks, Houston, TX”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed here because that's where my company held their end of year meeting. They couldn't have picked a nicer place. The beds were very comfortable to the extent that I don't believe I even moved until it was time to get up. The rooms were exceptionally quiet. I didn't hear anyone on either side of me. The staff was friendly and accomodating. It took a little time to navigate the elevators, but once I did they were easy. Within walking distance, across the street or next door or in the Gallerina, to really good restaurants. The food that was provided by Westin Oaks for our breakfast and dinner meetings was very good. Not the quality you would normally expect to find from a hotel. I would stay here again and I would not feel embarrassed to recommend this establishment to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Benjamin M, Guest Relations Coordinator at Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Greetings Soderwall,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We greatly appreciate your kind words regarding our staff, our location, and your experience with the meeting facilities. I will be sure that your commendations are passed along to these teams so that they can share in your comments. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to the opportunity to have you as our guest again in the future.

Benjamin M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 20, 2013

From the minute I approached the property, property was clean the doorman attentive and helpful, the representative at the front desk was very knowledgeable and very eager to assist me in every way possible, the room was impeccable. And my overall experience was excellent

• Stayed March 2013
Benjamin M, Guest Relations Coordinator at Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Greetings DeLeon19041020,

Thank you for your recent five star review and for taking the time to share your experience. We greatly appreciate the kind words regarding our staff and our property. We work diligently to create a welcoming and rejuvenating atmosphere for our guests and we are thrilled that we delivered on this commitment. We invite you to be our guest again and look forward to the opportunity to have you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

After a very hard day, the Westin Oaks did a fabulous job of making me forget all of my stress. The valet was very courteous, check-in was a breeze, and I was amazed that we received an spectacular upgrade. Our stay was in celebration of my daughter's 13th birthday and we could not have asked for more. The suite was AMAZING! It reminded us of the celebrity suites that we see in movies. The beds were super comfortable. Everything was so clean. Everything is so convenient because the hotel is attached to the Galleria. Late dinner and early breakfast are just steps away! The Westin Oaks made my weekend! I cannot wait to return (without the kids :) )

• Stayed April 2013
Benjamin M, Guest Relations Coordinator at Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Greetings Danne1999,

Thank you kindly for the recent five star rating on Tripadvisor.com. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the kind words regarding our staff and accommodations! It is rewarding to hear that we aided in creating a happy celebration for you and your family, and it was our pleasure and honor to be a part of this memory. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

With warm regards,
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in March 2013 for 9 nights. Was there on a business visit so did not spend too much time in the room. The employees are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are fairly large and clean. The bathroom however needs to a renovation. Very outdated and old style- clean however. The shower was fantastic- 2 showerheads with soft powerful jets. The toileteries too can be improved- Tea tree oil soaps were quite smelly really and not appealing at all.

I do like their breakfast fruit plate with banana walnut bread and greek honey yogurt.

The conceirge did not give us the right directions or maybe my colleague did not follow them well. Eitherways, we spent a large part of the saturday afternoon lost and walking away from the waterwall :( Did not see it even after 10 days in Houston :(

The best part of this hotel is the Galleria. It is connected to one of the biggest malls in America. There are tons of food options availble. So, we pretty much ate a different cuisine every night.

Do try the Cheescake Factory, Oceannaire, La Madelaine, Rainforest Cafe etc.etc. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sunflower080,

Thank you for your recent comments regarding your stay at the Westin Oaks Houston. We appreciate the kind words concerning our staff, location, and the size and cleanliness of your guest room. We are also pleased that you found the Heavenly Showers to be to your satisfaction. We strive to create a restful and serene atmosphere and we are pleased that we fulfilled this commitment during your stay.

It is unfortunate that you did not get to experience all of the sights and destinations you were attempting to visit. We hope to have you as our guests again in the future and if we can be of any assistance with future travels to the Houston Galleria area, please feel free to contact us at wecare@westin.com. It would be our privilege to provide you with a renewed impression of our property and surrounding area.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I recently stayed at the Wetin Oaks and was pleased with the quality of the hotel and the Service levels. It is a recently renovated Westin hotel with large rooms, I found the employees to be knowledgeable and pleasant. I also enjoyed the connection to the Galleria Mall to do some shopping during my free time. All in all a pleasant experience, I will visit again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have stayed at this property several times. Each time my experience is different, but each time the service excellent and rooms are nice.

I often have to stay in the Galleria area and have tried many hotels. This is one of the preferred hotels for my company and I prefer it to the other Westin on the south side of the Galleria Mall (yes, there are two different Westins that are part of the Mall). To me of the two this Westin seems a little more modern and the parking, if you want to self-park, is slightly more convenient.

The last time I was there they had an event at the pool area and I happened to have a room overlooking the pool. It was incredibly noisy but fortunately ended around 10 pm.

If you are planning to self park, the parking situation is challenging and frustrating (especially during peak shopping times). It took me a few trips before I figured out the best way to find a parking space convenient to the hotel.

The elevator seems odd to me; to call the elevator you have to put in which floor you are headed to and the lobby is not on "1" (which confuses many people).

The rooms are typical Westin rooms and there are rooms available with a treadmill in the room (I got one of those on one trip).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Benjamin M, Guest Relations Coordinator at Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear TarheelTraveler9198,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and on behalf of our staff, thank you for your continued loyalty to the Westin Oaks Houston. We appreciate the kind words regarding our service and the guest rooms. The disruptions from the event at the pool are an exception to the normal atmosphere of the hotel and we do hope they did not create a negative impact during your stay. In regard to the parking, our guests are always welcome to take advantage of our complimentary parking, and if you are ever in need of directions, our valet staff is more than happy to direct you to the entrance. We again thank you for your feedback and sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. We look forward to your next visit to the Westin Oaks and your next visit to Houston.

Regards,

NORTH YORK
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stayed at the Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria for a business trip in October 2012, and this truly was an amazing experience.

First of all, the hotel was exactly as depicted on the web site. The amenties were superb and the service impeccable. I like to work out when I travel and this hotel offered me not one, but two well equipped, clean and spacious gyms. The hotel is conveniently located (attached to) Houston's famous Galleria Mall which provided a great diversion with shops like Prada, Armani, Saks 5th Avenue and Neiman Marcus to name a few. There are restaurants close by and the people in Houston were extremely friendly.

Room Tip: All of the rooms were execellently appointed. I had a room next to the elevators and was not disturb...