“World class service”

Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria
Ranked #155 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed April 20, 2013

From the minute I approached the property, property was clean the doorman attentive and helpful, the representative at the front desk was very knowledgeable and very eager to assist me in every way possible, the room was impeccable. And my overall experience was excellent

• Stayed: March 2013
Benjamin M, Guest Relations Coordinator at Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Greetings DeLeon19041020,

Thank you for your recent five star review and for taking the time to share your experience. We greatly appreciate the kind words regarding our staff and our property. We work diligently to create a welcoming and rejuvenating atmosphere for our guests and we are thrilled that we delivered on this commitment. We invite you to be our guest again and look forward to the opportunity to have you as our guest in the future.

Benjamin M

Reviewed April 20, 2013

After a very hard day, the Westin Oaks did a fabulous job of making me forget all of my stress. The valet was very courteous, check-in was a breeze, and I was amazed that we received an spectacular upgrade. Our stay was in celebration of my daughter's 13th birthday and we could not have asked for more. The suite was AMAZING! It reminded us of the celebrity suites that we see in movies. The beds were super comfortable. Everything was so clean. Everything is so convenient because the hotel is attached to the Galleria. Late dinner and early breakfast are just steps away! The Westin Oaks made my weekend! I cannot wait to return (without the kids :) )

• Stayed: April 2013
Benjamin M, Guest Relations Coordinator at Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Greetings Danne1999,

Thank you kindly for the recent five star rating on Tripadvisor.com. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the kind words regarding our staff and accommodations! It is rewarding to hear that we aided in creating a happy celebration for you and your family, and it was our pleasure and honor to be a part of this memory. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

With warm regards,

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in March 2013 for 9 nights. Was there on a business visit so did not spend too much time in the room. The employees are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are fairly large and clean. The bathroom however needs to a renovation. Very outdated and old style- clean however. The shower was fantastic- 2 showerheads with soft powerful jets. The toileteries too can be improved- Tea tree oil soaps were quite smelly really and not appealing at all.

I do like their breakfast fruit plate with banana walnut bread and greek honey yogurt.

The conceirge did not give us the right directions or maybe my colleague did not follow them well. Eitherways, we spent a large part of the saturday afternoon lost and walking away from the waterwall :( Did not see it even after 10 days in Houston :(

The best part of this hotel is the Galleria. It is connected to one of the biggest malls in America. There are tons of food options availble. So, we pretty much ate a different cuisine every night.

Do try the Cheescake Factory, Oceannaire, La Madelaine, Rainforest Cafe etc.etc. You will not be disappointed!

Dear Sunflower080,

Thank you for your recent comments regarding your stay at the Westin Oaks Houston. We appreciate the kind words concerning our staff, location, and the size and cleanliness of your guest room. We are also pleased that you found the Heavenly Showers to be to your satisfaction. We strive to create a restful and serene atmosphere and we are pleased that we fulfilled this commitment during your stay.

It is unfortunate that you did not get to experience all of the sights and destinations you were attempting to visit. We hope to have you as our guests again in the future and if we can be of any assistance with future travels to the Houston Galleria area, please feel free to contact us at wecare@westin.com. It would be our privilege to provide you with a renewed impression of our property and surrounding area.

Benjamin M

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I recently stayed at the Wetin Oaks and was pleased with the quality of the hotel and the Service levels. It is a recently renovated Westin hotel with large rooms, I found the employees to be knowledgeable and pleasant. I also enjoyed the connection to the Galleria Mall to do some shopping during my free time. All in all a pleasant experience, I will visit again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have stayed at this property several times. Each time my experience is different, but each time the service excellent and rooms are nice.

I often have to stay in the Galleria area and have tried many hotels. This is one of the preferred hotels for my company and I prefer it to the other Westin on the south side of the Galleria Mall (yes, there are two different Westins that are part of the Mall). To me of the two this Westin seems a little more modern and the parking, if you want to self-park, is slightly more convenient.

The last time I was there they had an event at the pool area and I happened to have a room overlooking the pool. It was incredibly noisy but fortunately ended around 10 pm.

If you are planning to self park, the parking situation is challenging and frustrating (especially during peak shopping times). It took me a few trips before I figured out the best way to find a parking space convenient to the hotel.

The elevator seems odd to me; to call the elevator you have to put in which floor you are headed to and the lobby is not on "1" (which confuses many people).

The rooms are typical Westin rooms and there are rooms available with a treadmill in the room (I got one of those on one trip).

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Benjamin M, Guest Relations Coordinator at Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear TarheelTraveler9198,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and on behalf of our staff, thank you for your continued loyalty to the Westin Oaks Houston. We appreciate the kind words regarding our service and the guest rooms. The disruptions from the event at the pool are an exception to the normal atmosphere of the hotel and we do hope they did not create a negative impact during your stay. In regard to the parking, our guests are always welcome to take advantage of our complimentary parking, and if you are ever in need of directions, our valet staff is more than happy to direct you to the entrance. We again thank you for your feedback and sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. We look forward to your next visit to the Westin Oaks and your next visit to Houston.

Regards,

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stayed at the Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria for a business trip in October 2012, and this truly was an amazing experience.

First of all, the hotel was exactly as depicted on the web site. The amenties were superb and the service impeccable. I like to work out when I travel and this hotel offered me not one, but two well equipped, clean and spacious gyms. The hotel is conveniently located (attached to) Houston's famous Galleria Mall which provided a great diversion with shops like Prada, Armani, Saks 5th Avenue and Neiman Marcus to name a few. There are restaurants close by and the people in Houston were extremely friendly.

Room Tip: All of the rooms were execellently appointed. I had a room next to the elevators and was not disturb...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Greetings Danito46,

Thank you kindly for your recent four star rating on Tripadvisor.com. We were privileged to have you as our guest and we certainly appreciate the kind words regarding our hotel. Our location in Houston affords many options to our guests and it is wonderful that you found them all so convenient. We look forward to your next visit to Houston and our next opportunity to have you as our guest.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I think this used to be one of the brand's premier properties back when it was still Western International, and the Galleria was the "hot" place to shop and be seen. Well, times have changed, and sadly the hotel hasn't so much.

The rooms are well maintained, but even on the 19th floor - you can still here both the nearby freeway and HVAC units on the roof of the mall. Not that there would be much a view anyway, but the top of the mall isn't much to look at. For the most part the hotel staff was very accommodating, although I had to be very insistent that I wanted the high floor king bed room as per my profile instead of the lower floor two queen bed room the front desk was trying to tell me would be much quieter.

I was there for a week of meetings, and the breakout room I spent most of my time in was small, cramped and quite uncomfortable. The ancient air conditioning system only had two setting, full on (creating wind currents in the room blowing papers around) or off. There was a sliding glass door that was locked shut. The meeting room staff had a difficult time with the simple detail of providing us with keys to the room, however not as much trouble as the maintenance people who could not get the electronic door lock to work - to the point of removing the lock entirely for most of the first morning, meaning we could not leave the room as it was not secure.

There is one restaurant "in" the hotel, but I was never really clear if it was part of the mall or really belonged to the hotel. There was a small entrance from inside the hotel, but a sign on the door said to enter through the mall. I arrived at 8:30 on a Sunday night and was told the restaurant had closed early (though normal closing time was 9:00) but room service was available. Doesn't make much sense to have a restaurant that isn't open at 8:30 on a Sunday night.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Benjamin M, Guest Relations Coordinator at Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear SFworldtraveller,

We appreciate your candid feedback and we appreciate the opportunity to improve from your comments. It is regrettable that your stay was less than you envisioned regarding the outside noise levels from the Galleria Mall, the challenges regarding your meeting space, and the shortened dining options during your stay. In regard to the challenges revolving around your meeting space, we do sincerely apologize that there were multiple challenges regarding the servicing of the room and the heating/cooling aspects of the space. We will be sure that your comments are provided to the meeting planners and facilities staff for the Westin Oaks so that these issues can be addressed. Please know that this is certainly not the experience we strive to create and we apologize that this exception created a negative impression for you.

Again, we greatly appreciate the opportunity you have provided for us. If your travels bring you back to the Galleria area of Houston, we warmly invite you to be our guests again. It would be our pleasure to provide you with a renewed experience and an improved impression of our property.