“Great stay at the Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria

Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria
Ranked #117 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Irvine, California
“Great stay at the Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

Staff was very attentive and pleasant to work with. The rooms were very clean as was the entire hotel. I recommend the Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria for those staying in the area. I was here for a meeting and they were able to accomodate all of our needs and we had a large group.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Benjamin M, Guest Relations Coordinator at Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Greetings Mimi L,

Thank you kindly for taking a moment to share your experience on Tripadvisor. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and greatly appreciate the five star rating. Your warm comments regarding our staff’s attentiveness and professionalism are appreciated and we will be sure that these comments are passed along to all of our team. We are pleased that we met your expectations and graciously await your return to the Houston Galleria area as it would be our privilege to host you again as our guest in the future.

Regards,
Benjamin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Turkish first
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

We recently celebrated out daughters 13th birthday at the Westin Oaks Galleria, and had such a great experience! Being connected to the Galleria is such a bonus. So many choices for fine dining. The staff was tremendous! We needed to have three rooms, two of which were adjoining (for the birthday guests), and one right across the hall for my husband and I. The kids first ice skated, then we ate dinner at the Rainforest Cafe, located right next to the rink. The rooms were very nice, very clean, and quite large. The beds were wonderful also. Everyone had a great time! I have recommended this to several of our friend already.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Pamela M,

Thank you kindly for the recent five star rating on Tripadvisor. We are greatly thrilled that we were able to contribute to your daughter’s birthday celebration. We appreciate your warm remarks regarding our staff’s professionalism and the condition of our guest rooms. The Galleria Mall has a great deal to offer and we are pleased you were able to take advantage of its attractions. We gladly invite you and your family to return as our guests if your travels bring you back to this area of Houston again in the future.

With kind regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

I must say that I was very impressed with this hotel. Traveling always puts you in strange locales but the staff at this hotel treated me as though I have been there a 1000 times. Smiles, from everyone, asking how I am doing from everyone, asking if I needed anything from everyone. Comfortable room, great view. I have to say it is truly a five star hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Benjamin M, Guest Relations Coordinator at Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Dallas_al,

Thank you for your recent review of the Westin Oaks Houston. We appreciate you taking the time to provide such warm comments regarding our friendly staff and your experience. We strive to provide a welcoming and rejuvenating atmosphere and we are thrilled that we exceeded your expectations in this regard. We greatly look forward to our next opportunity to have you as our guest.

Kind Regards,
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I have been alternating between the Westin Galleria and Westin Galleria Oaks for the past couple of months. Here are some thoughts on the Westin Galleria Oaks:

Pros: Friendly staff, attached to the mall, Make a Green Choice is great, elevators are better than the Westin Galleria

Cons: Shower heads are extremely low in all rooms (only fit people under 5'8"), no SPG platinum room upgrades (at least none that I have experienced), tiny gym in an unsecure area (my female colleagues don't feel safe alone)

This is property is as fancy as some other Westin's around the US, but it is one of the better hotels in the area.

1 Thank CWGators22
Benjamin M, Guest Relations Coordinator at Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear CWGators,

Thank you for your recent three star rating on Tripadvisor.com. We greatly appreciate you taking a moment to share your impression of the Westin Oaks Houston. We greatly value feedback such as yours, as it provides important information for our staff to consider. We sincerely appreciate the warm comments regarding the friendliness of our staff, our location within the area, our recently renovated elevator system and our Make a Green Choice program. We strive to create a rejuvenating atmosphere and we are thrilled that we were able to deliver on these expectations during your stay.

We regret however, that you were dissatisfied with the height of our shower installations, the availability of an upgrade, and the accommodations of the Westin Workout facility. You may be interested to know that the Galleria Mall is frequently patrolled by security personnel and that the mall has restricted access past its usual business hours. The Westin facilities are only accessible by guests and through room key access only during this time. You may also be interested to know that our location affords all SPG upgrades based on the use of arrival reporting which is generated by Starwood Hotels and Resorts. We do apologize that you have been unable to enjoy an upgrade during your visits to the Houston area.

Again, Thank you for your feedback and we kindly invite you to experience our location again on your next visit to the Houston Galleria area.

Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I am not sure what it is about Westin properties lately. I equated the name Westin with a luxury brand. This may well be a misunderstanding on my part. This Westin is conveniently located at the Galleria Mall which being a shopaholic is greatness for me (too bad I had to work and didn't have time to shop). There are tons of restaurants and shops in and surrounding the hotel. There is a Starbucks in the mall and also across the street with an adjoining Jamba Juice (two of my go to places for breakfast). I was on the 17th floor. You can park for free (and very easy) in the mall garage under the mall. It is the Blue area section L or you have the option of valet parking for a fee. The rooms are a bit dated (as others have stated and has been my experience with the last two Westin hotels I have visited). The rooms are large and clean and the bed was very comfortable. I was away from the elevator but the room was extremely quite. I didn't hear other guests although I do put the fan on so I have white noise constantly. The one problem I had here is no hot water on either of the two nights I stayed here. I have a friend that stays here every week and has experienced this problem off and on each week. I did report it to the front desk with no resolution. I spoke to the manager after the second cold shower to express my frustration and he did offer a small concession for my inconvenience which was appreciated. If you can get a reasonable rate for this property, I do recommend due to its location, room size, and quality of a nights rest. Hopefully they will sort out the hot water issues!

Greetings TravelMamma07,

Thank you kindly for your recent review of the Westin Oaks Houston. We greatly appreciate your detailed expression of your experience during your stay with us. We are thrilled that you found the surrounding area enjoyable and fitting to your needs. We are also thrilled that you found our Heavenly Bed to provide you with a comfortable night’s sleep. Having a clean, comfortable, and quiet place to rest during traveling is a key aspect of the experience we strive to maintain and it is good to hear that your expectations were met in this regard.

It is unfortunate that your experience was disrupted by the recent trouble with the hot water source at the Galleria Mall. You may be interested to know that extensive work was performed with our operations team and the Galleria Mall operations team and that they were able to identify and correct the cause of these issues. We do hope that your travels will bring you back to the Houston Galleria are again in the future and that we may have the privilege of hosting you as our guest.

Kind regards,
Milford, CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

This hotel is showing it's wear, but it's still a Westin. The rooms are large and clean. The bathroom in my room had some mildew behind the sink faucet and in the tiles on the floor, not disgusting, but not expected at a Westin. It is attached to a huge mall, which is nice. There are lots of eating & shopping options in the area, this would be a great hotel for families given the spacious rooms. I think my room had a balcony, but I wouldn't suggest using it. I was on the 8th floor, and I heard traffic noise all night. Doesn't bode well using a balcony, not exactly peaceful or relaxing. In summary, this is still a Westin, just a dated one. With a little updating, this could be a world class hotel, like many others in the Westin chain. Despite this, it's still a solid choice for people looking in the Galleria area, and I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room on as high a floor as possible, there's a lot of traffic noise.