“Check for last minute deals on website!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria
Ranked #117 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Orange, Texas
“Check for last minute deals on website!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2011

We love to stay here for a fun weekend getaway, especially when it is a spontaneous decision to shop, eat, and stay over night. Westin Oaks has last minute or Friday specials most of the time, and it makes the treat even sweeter. Check their website before picking a subpar hotel that adds parking fees,etc. Great to park free, stay in a beautifully remodeled hotel, and enjoy walking right off the elevator to shop in the Galleria.

• Stayed December 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2011

I recently visited Houston for business & found myself at the Westin Oaks @the Galleria Mall. For starters, don't confuse this place with the Westin Galleria, which is also at the mall, but on the other end...yeah, it confused me, too. This is the Westin next to the Cheesecake Factory. The staff here was EXTREMELY helpful, even with circumstances that my travel party presented that were admittedly challenging to say the LEAST. Though the culture of the entire staff was one of service with a smile, I must name check Henry, Miguel & Jaye for being BEYOND courteous, attentive, diligent and supremely helpful throughout the course of our stay. They're the kinda staff that'll have you wanting to hang out in the lobby instead of sitting in your room.

GREAT job. When in Houston, stay @the Westin Oaks..

Room Tip: higher floors have the best city views
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Lake Charles, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel several times and the stay has been very consistently disappointing. The hotel rooms seem as if they are missing something. They charge for everything. I understand paying valet but also another 3 bucks for a garage fee???? Really???? Also valet is very slow and congested due to cabs and galleria pick ups and drop offs. The front desk is not very friendly. The pool area is horrible and looks abandoned. I will not be staying here again. Sorry Westin

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

We stayed for several nights over the Thanksgiving holiday at this hotel, and our stay was FANTASTIC! We received outstanding service, excellent accommodations and great value. "Service Express" was prompt to all of our requests (including a request for two doggie heavenly beds), and the restaurant and room service was precise, prompt and of excellent quality. I love this hotel and I highly recommend it for any one wanting to have the best time in Houston. Also, the easy and convenient access to the Galleria shopping mall make this an always entertaining venue. If you are looking for great value, quiet and pleasant accommodation, phenomenal service and a friendly staff, this is the place to be. We are returning here for several days over our Xmas break, and we look forward for several more days of fun and pampering.
Luz Garcini (San Diego, California)

Room Tip: Get a corner room. They are extremely spacious and no noise at all! The hotel recently underwent a m...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2011

We used to visit other areas in Houston but once we decided to go to the Galleria area, the first Hotel that came to our mind was the Westin, not only because we wanted to be near the Mall, but because we wanted to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary on a Hotel that was worthy. We really find a very convenient and nice Hotel, with a huge space in room, big and comfortable beds, not to mention the cleanliness, oh!, and a plus!...my favorite coffee waiting for us at the room (Starbucks). The Westin is very accessible for public transportation (metro stop was across the street), with many restaurants and shops nearby, and the best.....Galleria Mall at the door!!!

Room Tip: Upper roooms for better night views!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Vio O
Monterrey, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2011

I went on a quick business trip to Houston. I had a time constraint to be able to meet my very hectic schedule. And to my Great Surprise I had the best business partner: The Westin Oaks Hotel!!! As soon as I arrived, everybody helped me throughout the check-in process: the bell desk efficiently handled my bags, the front desk immediately met my hotel and room needs, and the doormen quickly helped me find a cab and gave me precise directions to arrive to my business appointments successfully.
And the best part of the end of my business day, was enjoying the complimentary Starbucks coffee in the comfort of my heavenly bed.
Indeed, whenever you go to Houston (whether business or pleasure) dont hesitate to stay at this hotel: their friendliness, efficiency, and excellence will definitely charm you.

Room Tip: All rooms are equally comfortable.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2011

Everything was fab. Got a great deal on Expedia. 75 bucks. Construction in the lobby but it was minor. The lounge bar on the mall level has a great young host who was very entertaining. Room was spacious and very clean. I was very happy all around.

• Stayed November 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
westin_oaks, Guest Relations Coordinator at Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria, responded to this review, December 4, 2011
Dear Camexican,

Thanks for your wonderful review of our hotel, the Westin Oaks, Houston! We are truly delighted to know you enjoyed our hotel & room accommodations, service and surroundings. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your story with us on TripAdvisor and we hope to see you soon!

Be Well,