“Wedding Occasion”

Ranked #75 of 515 Hotels in Houston
Shreveport, United States
“Wedding Occasion”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

The Hilton Hotel Westchase located at 9999 Westheimer Road is a great place for friends and family to gather from near and far to celebrate a memorable wedding held at the nearby Memorial Drive Presbyterian Church in Houston, Texas.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

John_Peart-GM, General Manager at Hilton Houston Westchase, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
On behalf of entire staff I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are glad to know that you enjoyed all the aspects of our hotel. We do offer many amenities to make our guests stay memorable. Please let us know if you need anything else and have a great day!

Sincerely, John Peart - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
crown Point, United States
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I had very little issues with my stay, the room was clean and very very nice.(11th floor) everything was very clean and the people were very courteous. My only issue in 8 days was one bartender that had a sever lack of attention, but that's not bad at all in my book.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did. Look forward to seeing you next time you are in Houston.

Nederland, United States
Reviewed June 23, 2014

kind service, clean facility, great for business meetings, quiet place for study and sleep, I reccomend this hotel for anyone who is taking part in codewest inspection prep courses, located in a buisness district so no extravagent entertainment will be available to you, so you can study

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

On behalf of the Hilton Houston Westchase I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed every aspect of our hotel. I have shared your comments with the entire staff and they are very thankful for such positive feedback. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you need anything else. Have a great day!

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 22, 2014

This is going to be long and ranting. If you're looking for the "TL;DR" version... this hotel has significant housekeeping issues and I probably would not stay here again.

The hotel is finishing up a renovation but it looks like they hired the worst contractors in history.

Walls are SUPER thin.. you can hear EVERYTHING your neighbors are doing. EVERYTHING.

The reception on the television is AWFUL. Internet is capped at 2 megabits/second. Had plenty of signal throughout the facility and it seemed to work well.

I booked through Hilton's phone reservation system (and specifically requested the room be prepaid which I told that it was) for the double points hhonors package, one king room Executive Floor.

I arrive at 4:16PM, and am placed into room PH40 on the top floor. I had requested via the e-standby system to be upgraded to a Jr Suite should one be available. The girl behind the desk had no idea what I was talking about, and had to ask her manager. He said none were available (although he didn't actually look). This indeed was a king room.

Go up to the room, settle in for a bit, then go down to the restaurant (which, I might add, is actually really good) for an hour.. then come back up to take a shower... at which time I notice that the bathtub is full of long hair. Then I reach for a towel to clean it and notice it has an odd stain on it.

I go down to the front desk and they offer to move me to another room, 1115. Go back to PH40, get my stuff, and go down two floors to room 1115. Go into the bathroom and behind the toilet seat is significant dried urine. Seriously, no one has cleaned this toilet.

Go back down to the front desk and they offer (again) to move me to PH35. It's a Jr. Suite. Do keep in mind when I got there I offered to PAY for a Jr Suite and was told none was available. Now they have moved me to one because of housekeeping issues.

Go in to PH35, seems okay. Finally get to take a shower. Tub looks okay. Grab the provided soap and shampoo and finish my shower. Get out and look down at the metal tray the toiletries were sitting on, and there are what look like several black pubic hairs on the tray.

And this hotel was overrun with children. Want to sit in their lobby and relax? Can't do it. Children running around EVERYWHERE. Some banging on the piano in the lobby and no one is telling them to stop. There is water tracked around everywhere in the lobby because of people coming in and out of the pool and no one mopping it up. I was just waiting for someone to slip in it.

Went into the Executive Lounge to get a soda and there is a woman in there taking what looked like to be 10 bottled waters and EVERY single bag of potato chips and pretzels. She gives me a dirty look when I remind her that she's not the only guest of the property, then yells something in Spanish at me, and throws a bag of pretzels on the counter. i do not take them, obviously.

I did not use the fitness center because there were kids playing in there.

The bed and pillows were spot on excellent, but I worried the whole time about the cleanliness of the linens although I didn't actually see any problems with them.

Remember when I asked for my room to be pre-paid and was told that it was? Went to check out and there it was on my bill. Went down to the front desk and they wound up comping the room and giving me a free breakfast buffet.

I absolutely cannot recommend this hotel. The staff is clueless and there is a lack of security. And again, THERE IS A SIGNIFICANT ISSUE WITH HOUSEKEEPING at this property. The only good part of this hotel is the restaurant.

Room Tip: Book a different hotel all together.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Jason M
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to comment on Trip Advisor. Comments from our guests help us to ensure the quality and comfort of our guests. I would like to apologize for your recent stay with us. I have forwarded these comments to our staff. Thank you again and hope to see you in the future.

Houston, United States
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Overall I think the hotel is a wonderful get-a-way / business retreat. However, I think persons receiving adjoining rooms need to be made aware that people can hear everything they are doing in the room, therefore, they need to be mindful of their level of speech and other activities in the room. It is like being in the room with the other occupants.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thanks for sharing the pleasant comments about the service and the front desk staff. We appreciate your feedback about the adjoining rooms, we use our customers comments to help us improve our service.

Anchorage, United States
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Great hotel, the staff was incredible, room service at my room in 15 minutes or less. As a female business woman always felt safe at this hotel. Used the gym and it was very clean, had cold towels, fresh water, and a bowl of fruit. The devil was in the details, this hotel really paid attention to all of them.

San Antonio, United States
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Nice Hotel, conviently located near many attractions, and great staff! Passed by this hotel many times, and never realized how awesome it is on the inside. The staff was very kind, and the rooms are quiet.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple