“Too many issues for a Hilton hotel”

Hilton Houston Westchase
Ranked #81 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I was on a company paid stay. Good - Restaurant was excellent Bad - No hot water for 15 minutes of running - Fridge broke - Housekeeping disturbed me at 0800am just to see if I was still in my room. - My credit card was billed for the room and not the company.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
There are newer reviews for Hilton Houston Westchase

Reviewed May 2, 2013

So, it's a Hilton and by and large it is clean and the staff was fine. The hotel could use some work and why double beds instead of queen? Also, you would think that a Hilton would know how to sound proof the walls but noise was definitely a problem. My biggest complaint is the neighborhood.

There are some decent restaurants around but it just all seems a bit sketchy. There are mobile security setups all around the area with cameras and warning signs about being watched. I didn't feel like it was unsafe but again it all just seemed a bit off - like if someone pulled back the curtain you'd see what was really there. We debated if it was an area being revitalized or in decline and frankly it was hard to tell. It really felt like a fringe area that bordered the 'hood and more upscale areas.

We stayed here for a sporting event at the GRB and the drive is not bad but certainly not convenient. Next time we need to be downtown we'll work to make sure we stay closer to the convention center.

I would probably stay here again if it was for business but I could not recommend this for families.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I stayed here on business last month. I will never stay here again, and I recommend everyone who wants to keep their vehicle avoid it. The day after I checked in I parked my truck at 8:30 pm. Next morning it was gone. The truck was parked in the first row in view of the front desk, but the front desk attendant said he didn't see anything. The hotel parking lot has a security officer and he did not see anything. The hotel has a camera system but they would not allow me or the police to review the tape. This reeks of an inside job. The truck was at the hotel for one night and it gets stolen, so the thieves may have been tipped off. In addition, the thieves would have had to break in and hotwire the vehicle or tow it away all in view of the front desk attendant, the parking lot security officer, and the "cameras". Hilton hotel manager offered me breakfast but said there was nothing they could do. C'mon you got all this security and you can't prevent a vehicle getting stolen out of your front parking lot?? Never stay here!!! Dangerous!!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
3  Thank Brad D
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I spent three nights at the Hilton Westchase while in Houston for business. The hotel was very clean and the bed was amazingly comfortable. I had a king room with a modern bathroom, new LCD tv, and a small sitting area. The room had lots of places to put my bags and to do work if needed. Wifi signal was strong and I never had any trouble connecting. The Rio Ranch restaurant next door has great food and great selection of drinks. The only negative would be the coffee was not very good (in room coffee make and room servicewere both bad)....But those are very small issues as there is a starbucks just down the road! :) I would definitely return.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton for a sporting event, selected by our team not us. We checked in ran some errands, when returning to our room, we found the closet had a very foul smell. We called the front desk, one of the managers Daniel arrived to move us to a different room. We arrived at the 2nd room and found there was another issue with the room. Daniel quickly got on the phone, calling his staff to find a solution. Daniel had his staff locate a room down the hall with better sleeping arrangement as well a provided with a complimentary breakfast for our inconvenience. Things settled down after that and we had an enjoyable weekend. The drive to the GRB Convention center wasn't too bad, there are major highways close to get you there in a reasonable amount of time. The hotel is also located next to a Kroger grocery store and a strip center with a variety of restaurants & a Starbucks. They are all within walking distance, which was nice when you are not familiar with Houston. I would stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 9th floor, next to the elevators, I could here the movement, but wasnt too bad. St...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I booked the wrong dates, so when I arrived, they only had a room availble for one day only. The Duty Manager got on the case immediately and sorted it so that I did not have to change hotels. This I really appreciated. My colleague both had forgotten different items of toiletries and these were given to us without charge. (I have had to pay for same items in other hotels). I definately recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Thank Cassandra Elain... A
Reviewed April 13, 2013

When on business, does what a hilton says it will do! Breakfast could be served from 5 am for the early business raisers. The room service is well priced, and the rooms have great beds and all the tools you need on a business trip, desk, good Internet connect, laundry service was prompt. Better spa facilities would add to the hotels benefits! Gym could be bigger and have more equipment

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business