“2nd Sporting Event in Houston-good location”

Hilton Houston Westchase
Ranked #79 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Helotes, Texas, United States
“2nd Sporting Event in Houston-good location”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton for a sporting event, selected by our team not us. We checked in ran some errands, when returning to our room, we found the closet had a very foul smell. We called the front desk, one of the managers Daniel arrived to move us to a different room. We arrived at the 2nd room and found there was another issue with the room. Daniel quickly got on the phone, calling his staff to find a solution. Daniel had his staff locate a room down the hall with better sleeping arrangement as well a provided with a complimentary breakfast for our inconvenience. Things settled down after that and we had an enjoyable weekend. The drive to the GRB Convention center wasn't too bad, there are major highways close to get you there in a reasonable amount of time. The hotel is also located next to a Kroger grocery store and a strip center with a variety of restaurants & a Starbucks. They are all within walking distance, which was nice when you are not familiar with Houston. I would stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 9th floor, next to the elevators, I could here the movement, but wasnt too bad. St...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I booked the wrong dates, so when I arrived, they only had a room availble for one day only. The Duty Manager got on the case immediately and sorted it so that I did not have to change hotels. This I really appreciated. My colleague both had forgotten different items of toiletries and these were given to us without charge. (I have had to pay for same items in other hotels). I definately recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank Cassandra Elain... A
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 13, 2013

When on business, does what a hilton says it will do! Breakfast could be served from 5 am for the early business raisers. The room service is well priced, and the rooms have great beds and all the tools you need on a business trip, desk, good Internet connect, laundry service was prompt. Better spa facilities would add to the hotels benefits! Gym could be bigger and have more equipment

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Check in friendly and helpful, nice free apples on the counter and water in the room.

Room - quite nicely renovated, absolutely fantastic bed and nice linens. Bathroom ok with good toiletries and good shower.

Meeting space - really very good with excellent breakfast and lunches with great selections of fruit and interesting stuff and abundant water, sodas and ice.

With all this it really sounds like a 5 star review yet isnt because of one appauling fault that meant I would never return, noise insulation or lack of it - doors to corridor, ceiling and room to room, I was woken up countless times by other guests getting ice, talking on the phone or just doing general stuff - dont stay here if you're a light sleeper, in fact dont stay here if you like a good night's sleep

Rob

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Restaurant service a little slower than expected. Hotel staff very helpful. Outside of peak shower times (early morning or late evening) the hot water took 8-10 minutes to get to a temperature where you could shower. Stayed at hotel for business, 11 nights.

Room Tip: Request a room away from main road. Main road is kind of noisy at night. You could hear a lot of tru...
Little Rock Arkansas
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I am always pleased to write a review when I have a positive guest services experience. The Hilton Westchase has one of the best front-in service personnel I have seen in a long time. Facility is clean, beds are comfortable, fantastic restaurant.....but here's what made my stay. I went to take a shower around noon. There was no hot water. I'm not crazy about cold showers, but I made it through. As I was leaving for lunch, I stopped by the front desk to let them know about the hot water. They were extremely apologetic and before I knew I had a printed letter with a $75 credit for dinner at their great restaurant. I wasn't expecting it and I told them that it wasn't necessary, but they insisted. That, my friends, is great customer relations. Kudos to the staff and Hilton. They rarely fail to impress.

Heraklion, Greece
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Excellent service and this hotel. Hot breakfast not to be recommended, particularly the sausages and the bacon which where cooked to destruction. Coffee somedays okay other days terrible. Staff excellent. Reception staff excellent. Rooms very nice but television receptrion indifferent. Would recommend this hotel for a stay. Will return next time I am in Hoiuston

Room Tip: family room - excellent