“Big name poor service...” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Houston Westchase

Hilton Houston Westchase
Ranked #75 of 501 Hotels in Houston
“Big name poor service...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012 via mobile

We booked 3 rooms here...first they couldn't find us all rooms...then, same night elevator dropped 4 floors..It scared the hell out of me..I will never stay here again...

• Stayed January 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ak5491_sbc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

Booked the room thru Priceline. I expressed my concerns about a clean room and told about the things I heard at tripadvisor. The older guy at the reception upgraded the room to an allergy free one without charge which was nice. We could not use the purifier, however, due to its noise. One suggestion: Just get rid of carpeting, why American like carpeting so much it always harbors the dust. It could have been cleaner with wood flooring. The view of the room was fantastic, he had given us a room on one of the top floors. One thing I did not like is the double bed feature. The room is good up to 2 adults with no children. We had a small child in our room which had to stay in one of the double beds. I wish they were queen beds. They did not allow a rollaway bed.Parking was free. The shower curtain kind of suced, it has a rod that is curved up near the corners. No matter how you set it, the water ends up on the floor. We had to place towels to dry it. Showerhead was old and was not easy to use. Not much shower settings. Overall it was clean a beautiful room, I would recommend it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank hayneman
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Napping is impossible as they are currently redecorating and there was a constant drilling/hammering noise during the day.
We were on the 6th floor and upgraded to a suite which consists of a bedroom and a seperate living area. The only drawers in the bedroom are in the nightstand and there is no closet in the actual bedroom. Mold in the bathtub was uncalled for. If they clean it, why can i see it and they cannot? Being a gold member i receive free internet.I had to call down for the code.......i think this should be given out at check in.....One elevator was broken and wait time was uncalled for.Mobile phone reception unavailable in meeting rooms. Food here was EXCELLENT......quite a surprise!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank clearlakelady
Haarlem, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

Very decent hotel with friendly staff, especially in the restaurant. The Executive Lounge is only serving breakfast on week days.

As remarked earlier, mobile phone reception in my room was very poor, so was very depending on the Internet connection.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank BarneyHaarlem
Ellijay, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

Very nice Hilton property. My son and I stayed in a room with 2 double beds. The room did have a refrigerator. Very comfortable and centrally located. I was there helping him relocate to a new job. The hotel was close to food, shopping, his new apartment, everything. The only drawback was that the heat did not work properly. Maintenance came up and got it partially working, and the hotel did offer to change our room, but since it was our last night there, we stayed. I would definitely stay at this property again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2012

This hotel just wasn't what I expecting from a Hilton hotel.
The elevators were slow and creaking, with one of the three being fixed most days of my stay (over a week), the floor of one was patched up with sticky tape.
The air conditioning unit in my room, although effective with cooling, was loud and clunky, with a sound like a door slamming after the fan cut off each time. I mentioned this to the front desk three days in a row, but it made no difference and I ended up turning the air conditioning off at night so I could actually sleep.
The telephone in my room did not have the same number as the room number (or as presented on the phone), which caused issues with services within the hotel, as well as people dialing me from outside the hotel. When people called and asked for me, or my room number, they were told there was no answer as the number was different... maintenance came to fix it, but told me the phone was working and it was an issue with the line. It was never resolved.
The walls are a bit thin and you can often hear your neighbours.
In general the hotel decor is dated, both in the rooms and common areas, it doesn't give the impression I come to expect in a Hilton. The service at the front desk is very pleasant, although the issues I mention previously weren't resolved while I was there, it was more the fault of an aging building which needs updating.
The adjacent restaurant made up for some of the downfalls, with a good (although fairly expensive) buffet selection for breakfast and fairly good standard steak/grill/burger/salad food in the evening. The location of the hotel is good for the Galleria, a 10-15 minute drive, and has good selection of restaurants across the road (such as the Outback Steakhouse, Starbucks and a Thai).
But, next time I am in Houston, I won't return here and I wouldn't recommend it as there is a good choice of hotels in this price range in the area.

Room Tip: I booked a King Bed Suite, it was the biggest room on the floor, at the end of the corridor (furthes...