All reviews medical center rice university medical facilities medical visit main st med center indoor pool room was clean shuttle service metro rail hot breakfast convenient location museum district within walking distance hot tub free breakfast bw
Selected filters
Reviewed September 27, 2017

We stayed here with our two small children. We liked the fact that the bedroom could be closed off from the sitting room, allowing the children a chance to go to sleep.
Struggled to find reasonable places for dinner nearby, and were warned not to drive as we didn't want to lose our parking space (suggestion... only hand out as many parking passes as you have spaces, so this isn't an issue). Staff were friendly enough, but lacking a little in local eatery knowledge.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 22, 2017

The hotel is not much more than a mile or so from MD Anderson, so very convenient in that aspect. It is relatively clean, but has that cheap motel cleaner smell that always burns my nose.
Check-in was easy. The room was hot, but the air cooled it off pretty quickly. The refrigerator was off, but froze my bottles of water overnight. The room was average for this lower-end type of hotel. About what I expected.
There was no channel guide, no book telling anything about the property, and the phone had a sticker with another hotel’s name on it, so I am guessing Best Western recently acquired the place.
It was a little difficult to get into, only a narrow entrance, barely enough room for 2 cars to pass, and it is so close to the road that if anyone stops at the entrance, you have to go past it and around the building to get in. The side doors were broken, so it was necessary to walk all of the way around to get back to the entrance. There was construction in the parking lot and the spots were small, it is a wonder that every car door there did not get banged and scratched up. They gave me a parking pass that I had to go back out and around the building to place on my car, but I was happy to not have to pay for parking.
No restaurant. They do serve breakfast, but there was such a large crowd gathered around the 2-3 containers that I could not get near it, so I just did without. Looked like eggs and sausage, and they had a waffle iron. There was milk and juice as well, but. I eat low carb and couldn’t have any of that. I’m sure it would have been adequate had I had the extra time to wait before leaving for my appointment.
They have a shuttle to the hospitals and I 100% suggest you take it. Even though it was a short distance to the hospital, I spent 45 minutes in traffic in the rain trying to find a place to park to get to my appointment on time. If I stay there again, I will take the shuttle. It runs every hour on the hour.
I went down to get info on restaurants, no way I was going to get back out in that traffic to look for a place to eat, and I was starving. They gave me 2 pizza menus and a diner menu. After much debate, I decided on the diner, and called, but Cliff’s does not deliver after 2 PM, lol. I finally called and ordered Dominos, I know their wings are safe for my digestive system, and it was delivered shortly..
There is only one elevator, but it was fast enough and I never had to wait. I felt safe, and if in the area, I would stay there again. The price is a tad inflated, but the best in the area, and again, the location is great for medical center visits.
The Internet/wifi was useless, and the TV took about 30 minutes to get channels.

Room tip: I was in 502, Traffic noise, & It is near the elevator and ice machine, but I never heard any noise from the hall.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed July 20, 2017

Very clean and Affordable motel. We got a patient rate for going to the hospital. There is also a free shuttle to the hospital. Parking is self only but there is not enough spaces. Breakfast was good and has more food options for us. At check-out Pamela was very fast and asked about our stay.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2017

Room was well maintained and comfortable. Excellent breakfast provided each morning by Lilian Wong. Hostess Sarah Martinez maintained contact with each guest to ensure all was well. Highly recommend. will return on each trip to MD Anderson.

Room tip: Recommend a middle room on 3rd floor
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 20, 2017

Service was horrible, room had bugs so they moved us to another room, then the water was brown all day long! The only good thing was the shuttle that ran us to MD Anderson. Won't stay here again. Guessing that's why they are no longer a best western!

Date of stay: May 2017