“Pure Luxury!”

Ranked #122 of 508 Hotels in Houston
Alpine, Texas
“Pure Luxury!”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

This hotel is fabulous, and was perfect for our last trip to Houston. We stayed in a deluxe room on the 23rd floor. It was very spacious, the closet was huge! Several luggage racks were in the room. There was an extra large shelve in the closet, and shelving around the mirror in the room, which I had never seen at any other hotel, very handy. The towels were soft and fluffy, and the beds were fantastic. There was a small fridge in the room which was not noted in the room description. A microwave would have made it perfect. The hotel is in the Galleria so there are endless possibilities for food and fun. The staff could not have been nicer. The view was so incredible my husband wanted to sleep with the curtains drawn to enjoy the city lights. We cannot wait to return!

Room Tip: Higher up for the view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Midnightred2003
Jennifer R, Guest Relations Coordinator at Westin Galleria Houston Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Midnightred2003,

Thank you very much for your 5-star review of the Westin Galleria. We are beyond thrilled that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us. We aim in creating a relaxing atmosphere for each of our guests and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed all the amenities of our rooms. We look forward to continue being able to host you during your future trips to the Houston Galleria area.

Best wishes,
Jennifer Rincon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Friedberg, Bayern
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Really hard to say something about that place, which would make it remarkable in a positive or negative way. Cleanliness, friendly staff on the pro side, lobby, signs inside (What is where), low security on the con side ...

Room Tip: Higher levels are more quiet ...
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Interesting location - to be in a hotel in a mall - and a HUGE mall at that! This Westin - the location is great - but the property is getting older and in need of some major renovations. It was very nice in its day - but pales compared to other Westin properties I have stayed in recently. The bed was very comfortable - I did sleep well. But the bathrooms are dated. And in need of repairs. The hallways smell a bit musty in this hotel. But I will say the hotel staff demonstrated good service. If this is the location you need - be sure to consider this hotel - but don't be expecting the atmosphere of a newer Westin here . . .

Room Tip: Elevators are old and noisy - ask for a room away from the elevator if that noise will bother you.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer R, Guest Relations Coordinator at Westin Galleria Houston Hotel, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Dear Blueigirl,

We appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay at the Westin Galleria. You might be interested to know that our last renovation was in 2009 and per Westin standards will be up for our renovation in the near future. We hope you will allow us the opportunity to host you in the future and offer you the full Westin Experience.

Best regards,
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Just recently joined this site which has placed me in the unusual position of writing several reviews as sitting here waiting for another flight.

This was my home for several years, the service is great, the staff accommodating, location cannot be beat with the adjacent shopping areas. I would highly recommend this hotel for any stays you have, however try and remember this is a business hotel and decorum is expected and enforced.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Charles V
Jennifer R, Guest Relations Coordinator at Westin Galleria Houston Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Charles V,

We greatly appreciate your 5-star review of the Westin Galleria. We strive in providing our guests with an invigorating Westin Experience and are thrilled to hear that we accomplished this for you. We look forward to you continuing to call us “home.”

Best Regards,
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for business and had a very good stay. Good service and nice spacious rooms. Front desk were very helpful and it's located right on the Galleria Mall. Valet parking is good and not too pricey.
Will certainly stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Clarkz,

We are very appreciative of your kind review of the Westin Galleria. We strive in providing each of our guests a rejuvenating atmosphere to unwind in and are thrilled that we provided this to you. It give us joy to hear that our front desk staff assisted in making your recent stay a memorable one and hope that we have the privilege to continue providing this service to you.

Best Wishes,
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This Westin really impressed me—enough to switch my travel over to Starwood and get a Starwood credit card, which is something no hotel has ever done to me before. Really nice and consistent experience. The location is excellent, no matter where in Houston you're going. The room was huge and well-appointed. The Westin bed and shower are the best I have experienced in a business hotel; I recently stayed in another Westin and it was the same. I think the term they use is "heavenly" and, while the appellation is going a little far, it is basically the best I've had outside a St. Regis. Check-in was quick; my room was available 3 hours early with no fuss. The check-in agent was friendly, helpful, and knowledgable.

I will definitely be staying here again and looking forward to returning. The only negative was a constantly busy elevator bank, but that just shows the hotel is popular to me. The rooms might be a little dated to some, but everything you touch is first class. Westins are the only hotel I can remember staying in recently with shampoo and conditioner that I didn't hate. I will say that the room cleanliness could be just a little better. It was very good, but at a Westin for $200+ a night you expect pretty much perfect. The nooks and crannies should be spotless.

Room Tip: High-floor rooms are better as per usual
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Rochdale
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I was allocated room 535 when I arrived, and I cannot believe I am the first one to ask to be moved after one night, it is next to the roof top ac units so you can hear the constant hum all night. The position also makes you feel hemmed in. I would also avoid 635 634 534 etc around that are around there, and trust me I want a decent room for $200 plus a night. So when you check in and they give you a room around that area, ask for another room.

That out of the way, here are the positives, great outdoor pool. Breakfast at the Daily Grill is fabulous and good service. Rooms large but not outstanding. If you have gone for the shopping then you will love this place, you are actually in the galleria.

Room Tip: Please ensure you take on my tip, otherwise you will be disappointed with your room
1 Thank BillCRochdale
Jennifer R, Guest Relations Coordinator at Westin Galleria Houston Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear BillCRochdale,

We appreciate your recent review of the Westin Galleria. We aim to provide our guests with a tranquil and rejuvenating atmosphere to unwind in and we are thrilled that we provided this to you. We hope to be able to host you again on your travels to the Houston Galleria area so that you may continue to enjoy the Westin Experience and convenient location to the Galleria mall.

Best Regards,