“Great location and good standard”

Westin Galleria Houston Hotel
Ranked #120 of 506 Hotels in Houston
“Great location and good standard”
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for business and had a very good stay. Good service and nice spacious rooms. Front desk were very helpful and it's located right on the Galleria Mall. Valet parking is good and not too pricey.
Will certainly stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
Jennifer R, Guest Relations Coordinator at Westin Galleria Houston Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Clarkz,

We are very appreciative of your kind review of the Westin Galleria. We strive in providing each of our guests a rejuvenating atmosphere to unwind in and are thrilled that we provided this to you. It give us joy to hear that our front desk staff assisted in making your recent stay a memorable one and hope that we have the privilege to continue providing this service to you.

Best Wishes,
Jennifer Rincon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This Westin really impressed me—enough to switch my travel over to Starwood and get a Starwood credit card, which is something no hotel has ever done to me before. Really nice and consistent experience. The location is excellent, no matter where in Houston you're going. The room was huge and well-appointed. The Westin bed and shower are the best I have experienced in a business hotel; I recently stayed in another Westin and it was the same. I think the term they use is "heavenly" and, while the appellation is going a little far, it is basically the best I've had outside a St. Regis. Check-in was quick; my room was available 3 hours early with no fuss. The check-in agent was friendly, helpful, and knowledgable.

I will definitely be staying here again and looking forward to returning. The only negative was a constantly busy elevator bank, but that just shows the hotel is popular to me. The rooms might be a little dated to some, but everything you touch is first class. Westins are the only hotel I can remember staying in recently with shampoo and conditioner that I didn't hate. I will say that the room cleanliness could be just a little better. It was very good, but at a Westin for $200+ a night you expect pretty much perfect. The nooks and crannies should be spotless.

Room Tip: High-floor rooms are better as per usual
Rochdale
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I was allocated room 535 when I arrived, and I cannot believe I am the first one to ask to be moved after one night, it is next to the roof top ac units so you can hear the constant hum all night. The position also makes you feel hemmed in. I would also avoid 635 634 534 etc around that are around there, and trust me I want a decent room for $200 plus a night. So when you check in and they give you a room around that area, ask for another room.

That out of the way, here are the positives, great outdoor pool. Breakfast at the Daily Grill is fabulous and good service. Rooms large but not outstanding. If you have gone for the shopping then you will love this place, you are actually in the galleria.

Room Tip: Please ensure you take on my tip, otherwise you will be disappointed with your room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BillCRochdale
Jennifer R, Guest Relations Coordinator at Westin Galleria Houston Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear BillCRochdale,

We appreciate your recent review of the Westin Galleria. We aim to provide our guests with a tranquil and rejuvenating atmosphere to unwind in and we are thrilled that we provided this to you. We hope to be able to host you again on your travels to the Houston Galleria area so that you may continue to enjoy the Westin Experience and convenient location to the Galleria mall.

Best Regards,
Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Beds are heavenly , quiet and clean rooms , hooked to the galleria and easy to get in and out of, once you figure out the entrance ramp. I am here working so the view is not an issue, but the wireless and room service are first rate. Very decent room rate and location is perfect for my business meetings.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Superb location adjoining the galleria with several bars and restaurants within a few blocks,

On the down side, my room had no closet or clothes hanging space. Thankfully my stay was at the end of a 10 day tour and my need for hanging clothes was minimal. My colleague did have hanging space and I did comment on check out that it was perhaps a little silly of a hotel to not have such a space. Even without a built in unit, a hanging rack could be provided. The room was very spacious and certainly big enough!!

The room alarm clock woke me at 0555h on my first morning- obviously the previous occupant had an early flight! I had had a late night and was not too happy!!

Room Tip: Check your room has a wardrobe / closet
Dear DeeReeMe,

Thank you for your kind review of the Westin Galleria. You may be interested to know that each of our rooms are equipped with a closet where you will also find the blow dryer, iron and laundry bags. Our closets can perhaps resemble inter-room connecting doors and we regret that we did not effectively communicate the location of the closet area in your room. It is also disappointing that we failed to clear the alarm clock from the previous guest. I have sent your comments to our Director of Housekeeping so that we ensure that we rectify this issue. We hope you will allow us the opportunity to host you again, should your travels bring you back to the Houston Galleria area.

Best wishes,
Libreville
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Very, very pleasant stay. The room was ample enough for my needs. Beds and bath were very comfortable. The staff were extra polite and I found check in/out very smooth. Didnt use their facilities and the only downside was that my room didn't have much of a view (the roof of the Galleria mall). As others have noted, it is in the middle of a very busy mall but that didn't bother me as it was part of the reason why I was there. Reserved well ahead so I also got a favorable rate. All in all an excellent choice and I will definitely return when next in the Houston area.

Room Tip: Higher floors appear better but perhaps ask for one with a good view of the city!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The rooms were nice and it's attached to the galleria, which is nice since crossing the monstrous highways in the area is dangerous. The trip was ruined when my wedding ring was stolen from our hotel room. I didn't get an apology or any help from the staff trying to locate it. There are too many other hotels to patronize the Westin again.

• Stayed November 2012
Anita J, Guest Relations Coordinator at Westin Galleria Houston Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Tara J,

Thank you for sharing your review of the Westin Galleria Houston. I apologize to learn of the disappointing experience you recently encountered while staying with us. We take accusations of theft and missing items very seriously and would like an opportunity to further discuss your review. Please contact me at your earliest convenience at wecare@westin.com referencing your TripAdvisor post. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best Regards,

Anita Jain

Travelers are raving about these Houston hotels